Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "If Koji Igarashi Is Tim Burton, Dave Cox Says He’s Christopher Nolan"  (Read 18701 times)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
If your PC is less than 5 years old you could run them on max.
Blood Omen 1 came out for PC, but it wouldn't be bad to play it in a PSX emulator, it could be better, actually.
Soul Reaver 1 came out on PC and that's the recommended version (Far prettier  ;D ) Also, runs great!
Soul Reaver 2 as a PS2 game so its prettier and the PC version is great too.
Blood Omen 2 was better on PC than consoles but still.. Ehm, play it if you are really engaged, otherwise wiki it.
Defiance was a 2005 game a little more taxing than SR2 (But not much) and better played with joystiq/pad. A great game and a satisfing conclusion.

I think Cox and MS could do far worse than taking example from Legacy of Kain.

Yeah I just do not pc game at all bad experiences in the past even today I hardly play any games on my laptop and I wanted to try out Rusty Hearts too.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Yeah I just do not pc game at all bad experiences in the past even today I hardly play any games on my laptop and I wanted to try out Rusty Hearts too.
Oh ok then syou should only have problems with Blood Omen and as I said, use a PSX emulator for iit, the others run like a charm :) I recommend you the GoodOldGames version for Soul Reaver.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
Oh ok then syou should only have problems with Blood Omen and as I said, use a PSX emulator for iit, the others run like a charm :) I recommend you the GoodOldGames version for Soul Reaver.

I only emulated acouple of times and that was for tales of phantasia and earthbound( RPG nut I am) so emulation is not at the top of my list I do really prefer to have the actual copies you know, but if I go on a garage sale and find the pc versions I will buy and try them. Since they are old it should play on a laptop/pc easy right?

But yeah the ps2 titles are now on my list and soul reaver for ps1(studing goes a long way  ;) ) as well Ty again :)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 04:15:59 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I agree with Ahasverus.

I say emulate it, if you have to. But I prefer PC games.

That said... If you only want to see the story, you can do that with Melchiah's videos, if you ever find it. I had it, but I can't find where I put them. They're basically HD gameplay that cuts out the puzzles, and only leaves cutscenes to play out the story. Huge files though, and very hard to find nowadays.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 04:49:47 PM by Kale »

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Yeah, people are really taking this comparision so seriously and literal. I still think it's pretty accurate, even if IGA is not doing the EXACT same thing as Burton. That was not even the point. The point was explaining how the IGA games and Cox games are related to each other, and that they're two different takes on the very same thing. I don't see what's so incredibly wrong with that.

Offline MKKhanzo

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Nolan? Mmmmm no, Michael Bay YES, but no Nolan.
I guess that all IGA haters are rejoicing now. Have fun with your fancy Belmont Dracula and rat stealth.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Not enough booms and kablooies.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
As if Bay ever tried to focus on the story...

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Not enough booms and kablooies.

and ninja alien turtles

can ya believe it  :-\
(click to show/hide)

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards

I'm not the biggest fan of the LoS direction, but ouch! That's pretty harsh.

Now Resident Evil, yes, you could definitely say that Michael Bay is directing those games nowadays, especially with Resident Evil 6: Bro-Splosion.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Nah he's no Michael Bay, not enough explosions and stereotypical african americans doing zany hood shit in the face of danger.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
I wonder how Michael Bay would do a gundam movie.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards

That is one of the best things I've seen all week.

No lie. Thank you.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
That is one of the best things I've seen all week.

No lie. Thank you.

No problem I like the pictures more than the article it's self. All about fun.  ;D
(click to show/hide)

Tags:

anything