Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1821424 times)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania 3DS confirmed(?) Castlevania: Mirror of Faith
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2012, 09:26:46 AM »
Surprisingly they didn't mention the other one, only the 3DS game.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2012, 09:35:51 AM »
+1
Fuck, I only hope it's 2D gameplay. I don't really care if I'll have to play with Gaybriel or not, just give me 2D gameplay and I'm in.

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2012, 09:37:17 AM »
Castlevania: IGA of False
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2012, 09:37:52 AM »
*makes the sign of the cross*

2D Castlevania, we knew thee well. May you rest in peace.

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2012, 09:38:18 AM »
+2
I can't wait to see the screenshots!

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2012, 09:38:27 AM »
+1
@Kingshango: Not surprised at all. The 3DS game has to have been in production long before anything for Vita was even on the drawing boards.

@Maedhros: Seriously doubt on the the 2D gameplay since they're actively trying to run away from everything that was a norm in the elder series.

Also not surprised that Cox and Alvarez are working on it since it was hinted at ages ago.

Hopefully they listened to fan complaints and are veering away from the LotR feel that the first game had in distasteful amounts.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2012, 09:40:21 AM »
I am so freaking happy my source was telling the truth.

E3 is gonna be amazing for Castlevania fans if everything else he told me comes true.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2012, 09:40:34 AM »
I'm actually suprised they managed to top their previous game title in terms of genericness. I guess this mirror is the new MacGuffin? 

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2012, 09:40:42 AM »
+1
I'd say it's a high chance that this will be 2D. ;D

@OSM, yep im hyped as well if everything he said was true.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2012, 09:40:58 AM »
+1
@Inccubus: Your hopes are going to be smashed within a month.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2012, 09:42:34 AM »
+1
The information from the source that OSM was talking about (rumor):

The game will be a Metroidvania, 2.5D. 3D graphics but side scrolling, so think Dracula X Chronicles on PSP. Lords of Shadow canon/art direction, the combat will be similar to LoS.

There will be no leveling up, and the design of the game meshes stages with Metroidvania maps, so I guess something similar to Order of Ecclesia?

First he told me he believes the protag is Alucard, but now he thinks it could be Trevor Belmont when he had no textures put on him at the time. Whoever it is, the protag uses a whip. There will be a Belmont clan, he assures me Alucard is present, and Trevor is the father of Simon Belmont.

Were supposed to get a CG trailer of Dracula, and two announcements for two new games. 3DSVania which will be a prequel to LoS2 but a sequel to LoS1, and the console sequel.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2012, 09:42:43 AM »
Do you guys really think the game will be 3D? With Nintendo 3DS horsepower? Unless they want a game to look worse than it would on a console, they'll go the 2D route (or 2.5D route).

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2012, 09:43:26 AM »
I'd say it's a high chance that this will be 2D. ;D

Unlikely. LoS is separating from the Castlevania norm, and has already established it's first iteration in 3D. It makes no sense for them to revert, if it was profitable. Especially on a 3D system. Likewise, would Konami's executives really allow them to revert to a 2D one after the sales they experienced? I think not. Look at Konami's INSANE business practices lately. They simply do not give a shit either way.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2012, 09:44:14 AM »
May 21, 2012, 09:44:14 AM - Hidden.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2012, 09:45:43 AM »
+1
Unlikely. LoS is separating from the Castlevania norm, and has already established it's first iteration in 3D. It makes no sense for them to revert, if it was profitable. Especially on a 3D system. Likewise, would Konami's executives really allow them to revert to a 2D one after the sales they experienced? I think not. Look at Konami's INSANE business practices lately. They simply do not give a shit either way.
A 3D system has nothing to do with the style of the game being a sidescroller or not. Neither having pixel art or not.

Seriously, I don't get where do you guys get that...

Tags: .....?