Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: my fresh Star Wars Episode VIII review (ultimate spoilers!!)  (Read 9406 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: my fresh Star Wars Episode VIII review (ultimate spoilers!!)
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2018, 12:13:41 AM »
If the Last Jedi is way below the Force Awakens in terms of quality, I wonder how much worse the next film would be?
It made me miss the original trilogy more.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2018, 10:12:35 AM »
I was pretty disappointed with Last Jedi. I loved the Force Awakens.. But man something was just off about TLJ.

Whatever though. I'm more of a Star Trek fan than Star Wars anyways. There are plot-lines within a single episode of Star Trek (even the original) that make you think and have a level of sophistication that the entire series of Star Wars never achieves. It goes without saying that Trek has always been light years ahead of Star Wars as far as political and social statements go as well.

TLJ wasn't great. But honestly there are more disappointing Star Wars movies than there are great ones in my opinion. So I'm not at all surprised. 
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2018, 05:38:37 PM »
It goes without saying that Trek has always been light years ahead of Star Wars as far as political and social statements go as well.

false, star trek never made me question the intensity of my capacity for hatred of a CGI fishman

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2018, 06:20:57 PM »
false, star trek never made me question the intensity of my capacity for hatred of a CGI fishman

Haha! Mesa didn't think of that! Dat's a good point! Okeeday, yousa gets dat one!

Shee-it!
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2018, 01:00:35 AM »
Haha! Mesa didn't think of that! Dat's a good point! Okeeday, yousa gets dat one!

Shee-it!

Jar Jar is alive!
Kill it!!!!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2018, 09:52:17 AM »
WITH FIRE!!!!
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2018, 08:35:15 PM »
TLJ and TFA was to Star Wars what LoS1 and 2 were to Castlevania. Complete abominations of no value.
that is nonsense and not a fair comparing.   LoS1 and 2 are equivalent to DmC and other disgraceful reboots and stuff like that.

Episode 7 and 8 are a continuation of the storyline, so of course it would feel different, but overall they are worthy star wars movies.

remember how prequel trilogy were so underrated yet respectable Star Wars movies in their own right? 

if anything should be criticized, its the fanbase that are too conservative. 

LoS1 and LoS2 are castlevania in the wrong direction.  but TFA and TLJ are Star Wars episodes in a interesting direction.

there are even OT fans that like Prequel trilogy and the new episode as well.

I dont like the spinoffs though.  Rogue one and Solo are pathetic are too distant from what made Star Wars unique from other sci fi series,
which are the conflicts between the Jedi and Sith and their sensational duels/fights.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2018, 11:11:45 PM »
Rogue One isn't a spin-off per-se. It's a direct link to A New Hope. It was done with a lot more care and respect then episodes' 7 and 8. They had to in order to make it fit properly or else it would have been a disaster as the aforementioned films. The reason why so many characters died in that film was because they never appeared in the original trilogy. The fans knew they were going to die yet it was understandable. I understood. Not everyone walks away a living hero at the end of a battle. In a way it was an interesting twist for a franchise with such it's reputation. Those that did survive in this film (the X-wing pilots) would go on to die combating the Death Star in A New Hope. Besides you will never see a more badass scene with Darth Vader anywhere then him storming his way through the rebel ship as he did in Rogue one. Using both the force and his lightsaber in tandem. Again, badass! The movie is not without its flaws and I've noted a large, glaring one almost right at the end of the film, however the movie was well done and stayed the course. It didn't rehash an already existing story as did The Force Awakens, nor was the plot all over the place and vacuous as The Last Jedi. I never saw the Solo movie so I can't comment on that one. If you love TFA and TLJ then that's your right as a fan; power to you. I can agree with that. Just don't condemn others for not sharing those same feelings okay?
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2018, 04:55:07 PM »
Exactly! I love Killer Clowns from Outer Space, but I don't go around accusing people that think it's a campy piece of shit of being raging sexist homophobes.
"Stuff and things."

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2018, 03:25:30 AM »
Exactly! I love Killer Clowns from Outer Space, but I don't go around accusing people that think it's a campy piece of shit of being raging sexist homophobes.

Okay, so serious question: Which do you think is better, Killer Clowns From Outer Space or Killer Tomatoes Strike Back? Please don't tell me you've never seen Killer Tomatoes Strike Back...

The Last Jedi is to Star Wars as Killer Tomatoes Eat France was to Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Tags:

anything