Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Libyan unrest  (Read 3221 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: February 22, 2011, 06:10:11 PM »
Any of you guys hear about the civil war that just started in Libya? What started as protests to oust their leader turned into genocide by the leader's loyal followers. I can't help but think that the people of Libya wanted what Egypt had won.

-X

"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 02:51:48 AM »
I hear the effects are starting to trickle down to us...oil prices are risin. ~_~

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Grim_Creeper

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Libyan unrest
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 10:58:26 AM »
It was inevitable that public disorders like what is going on over there would spread once they started. But personally I'd rather be dealing with a democracy than a Oligarchy or a Dictatorship.
Nani?! An animu site with no hentai? Blaaasphemy!
Burn the witch in the name of LoL!

-Lulzy Lulzerton Esq, wizard of ounces

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 11:51:27 AM »
Gaddafi thinks of himself as the king of Africa...  he's a madman. Perhaps more than any other Arab state leader.
He's proved it many times. His speeches and actions raised many eyebrows in the West, sometimes by being incredibly radical, but most of the time just by being plain weird and not making much sense.
Among those which I remember were the time when his son was arrested in Switzerland (or some other European state) for brutally beating his servant. Gaddafi demanded his immediate release, threatening to otherwise withdraw all of Libya's investments in Europe.
In another case he arrested European doctors with a charge of spreading AIDS among children in his country.
There was also the story about him paying a few dozens of European models to attend a lecture of his, and there provided them with Koran books and trying to convince them to convert to Islam.

Gaddafi Remix Song - القذافي ريمكس

And nevertheless, he is (was?) always a welcome guest in Europe. Of course he is. He's got OIL.     
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 11:53:42 AM by Citizen Freddy »
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Grim_Creeper

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 12:20:52 PM »
Perhaps the disorders there are a good thing. For one thing, theres a chance the government will change to something more beneficial to the general population, for another, theres a chance that it will speed along us getting off our dependence on oil.

Offline Odile Kuronuma

• I'm ze man errr.... woman
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 12:36:07 PM »
I never thought i would find a topic about politics in a Castlevania forum. Guess what's happening in Lybia is so important that you can't overlook it. This civil war(because it is one) is not going to end anytime soon, if we take into consideration that Gadaffi's speech hasn't changed a bit since things started. He's a real madman, always accusing the Western countries of what's going wrong in his country. And if it isn't the US, it's Ben Laden and the Islamists. Most of the Arab countries view him as a clown, always coming up with crazy theories like the one about Ben Laden giving drugs to the kids who are protesting. I just hope that this war ends soon, and that he'll be punished for what he's done.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 12:37:50 PM by Odile Kuronuma »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 12:49:51 PM »
Actually in Off Topic you're likely to find a myriad of random topics.  Usually Freddy or Highwind Dragoon will put up current event topics, while others will put up music or something regarding an upcoming holiday.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Odile Kuronuma

• I'm ze man errr.... woman
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 12:51:42 PM »
Ah ok. Thanks for the info :) . I still haven't checked all of the topics. And prolly won't :P

Offline Grim_Creeper

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 05:23:53 PM »
The worse the arabic dictators look amongst their own people the better.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2011, 12:04:23 AM »
Gaddafi's looked like a buffoon for a few decades now, it's time he gets ousted.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 01:32:11 PM »
*bump* lol

That joke had to be posted one way or another...
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Tags:

anything