Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What drives you guys to live this life?  (Read 18343 times)

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
Re: What drives you guys to live this life?
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2012, 08:59:25 AM »
+2
Well i know this subject will be touchy either way so i'll respond with my own personal beliefs. I,being a Catholic, do indeed believe in the after life. It is ironic though i am not one to shun other religions or ideas. Because i truly believe God has a plan for all religions, a more wordly view. For this i believe they should be helping each other out and not fighting amongst who is right or wrong. The ideal conscensus for the most part is that an ultimate being(God) created everything you see or you woudlnt' be here. Also i've dabbled into readings of other religions, most of them proport to some very similar ideas. A creator, an acheivable after life, Help you neihbor, do unto other like you'd do until yourself, karma. Things of that nature. I will say these times in general are very hard for most people and we should not give up. It is hard to look on the bright side sometimes,but people should try and stay positive. Id do believe God does have a plan for you,even if you don't always see it. Maybe it's to help others,invent things,learn how to make games, you know..... something. One of the biggest areas of concerns i've personally witnessed in the last 2-3 yrs are peoples moods have changed. More people seem to be negative,blaming others, reclusive, not responding back much on phones,blowing other off. Yeah i dunno i've never experienced this to be honest. But i'm trying my best to stay positive with it all. People helping each other = positive chain reaction. People nasty at each other = negative chain reaction. It's easy to do the math here. Maybe working on games is good, and working a job, cause it keeps you motivated and it a positive outlet.  One of the best things i've learned recently is it's best for people to have patience with each other. This way take away uneeded stress in everyone's lives.

I will be honest i did have a dream i'll share with you. It was an amazing dream i remember very clearly. I was in a building off to the right looking out at the street and i seen a big open area in the middle of a city where all these zig zag streets lead too. They didn't have street names. Also their was a band playing,the band U2, and in the middle of the street, it appeared people from every ethnicity,religion and culture, where dancing in the street in the form of a cross celebrating with each other.   Now i know this is a dream, but it did seem like a really cool one to me. Just thought i'd share it, and in a sense it seemed to give me a really good feeling.

For the record i've almost died about 3-4 times, somehow narrowly missing death, and yeah that dreadful thought does run through your mind(is my time up?). Then wham, you are still alive and the thoughts are rushing through your mind. Afterwords i'm was like thanking God.
Well i am not meaning to step on toes, just trying to give positive insights.

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2012, 09:48:01 AM »
I will be honest i did have a dream i'll share with you. It was an amazing dream i remember very clearly. I was in a building off to the right looking out at the street and i seen a big open area in the middle of a city where all these zig zag streets lead too. They didn't have street names. Also their was a band playing,the band U2, and in the middle of the street, it appeared people from every ethnicity,religion and culture, where dancing in the street in the form of a cross celebrating with each other.   Now i know this is a dream, but it did seem like a really cool one to me. Just thought i'd share it, and in a sense it seemed to give me a really good feeling.

Was this a dream or did you astral travel? There are big differences between the two so I'll elaborate: A dream is something, that for the most part is erratic. it's always changing on a whim, colors, objects, environments. For instance if your driving in a car and suddenly for no reason the car will seem like a power wheels toy rather then the former ford. Dreams are very much like this in that they don't really make a whole lot of sense which is why some of us try to make sense out of them in the waking world. Astral travel is when the soul leaves the body and goes wherever it wishes. The past, the future, back to the other side, other countries, places even other planets light years away as the soul knows no boundaries or limitations. From what you've just told us about your dream, I'm very confident that you Astral traveled somewhere to be with these people for a social gathering of sorts.
I too had such a journey myself. It was lively, warm and with many people gathered around in a social scene. I wasn't enjoying myself because I was extremely angry with the world at that time and wanted to die. I was banging my head against a window pane in the futility of my life cause i just felt drained emotionally and tired. Then my deceased father called over to me. It was right there that I literally broke down and woke up, still with tears in my eyes. My dad looked really worn out and yellowy-pale due to his cancer and such, but when I saw him at the gathering he was very lively, glowing with health and smiling warmly at me. I still haven't forgotten this as i normally would with just any old dream. Trust me Las, I believe you were really there at the party. and the best part about it is you got free tickets to see U2  ;)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 09:52:02 AM by X »
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2012, 10:55:47 AM »
+2
I dont fear death itself, just pain of death. I'd prefer to die during my sleep or something like that, yknow? But of course, avoid death if possible. Dunno what's in store for me after death, (I'm a Catholic, but let's face it, Nobody has ever come back from the dead to publicly confirm or deny any religion's views.) But id prefer to put that adventure off until im satisfied as much as possible with life and I feel that ive lived long enough.

on a related note,
Im of the mind that if I could, I would use immortality mainly out of pure curiosity. to watch the world change and evolve. Im always curious about the future, and would love to see it through. (21XX HERE I COME WOOO)

of course life dont work that way, but it's interesting to think about.

yknow what else is fun to think about?

Reincarnation. The idea that your behavior and actions in a previous life affect your current one. karma. Were a serial killer in a previous life? well tough shit, you get a crappy life as punishment. You were so good and pure you could run for Jesus? You get to have a comfortable good life where you can fulfill most if not all your wishes and desires.

I also like to think of the idea of reincarnation not being bound by time. So you could upon dying, reincarnate as someone hundreds of years ago, anywhere anyone, anyplace.

Real fun to think about.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2012, 03:27:15 PM »
+2
Too many factors, no particular order:

Finish video game collection
have kids one day, though I'm starting to get to that age where having one means being old and senile when they go to college
have fun with life
learn knowledge and help others gather it who are younger than me
enjoy the good times and weather the bad ones, learn from it
live to be 130 (not gonna happen I know)

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2012, 03:54:30 PM »
I live to eat.

I also strive for the day when I can play Probotector with Puwexil, even though he'll just yell at me. ;_;

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2012, 12:29:25 AM »
+2
Where do I start?

It's not to much
First I want to complete college become a criminologist so I can understand why crime happens.

And recently I have been thinking about becoming a lawyer and the reason is because of how some court houses and their public defenders can be so so wrong I have never been so angry at how they can just throw someone to the lions I just cannot believe it when I was little I wanted to stop crime now after seeing what that bastard did I am starting to think that I must work on the inside as well as out basically whatever way I can. I think I have found my calling that emotion that swelled up in me I just cannot fathom. I am not sure what this means, but I think that was a defining moment for me I have just never felt this strong before in my life people get in trouble for stupid minor things that should not even be major and yet no matter how good they are or even humble the main heads up there will just put a person behind bars for who knows how long. I just cannot accept the way how things are I feel that law is my calling I should be able to help those that get crushed by or get thrown under by the law and those public defenders I hate them so much I have never felt so much anger in my life toward something, but it has pushed me to really get those degrees.

Afterwards I just want to make a family. A wife and three kids is all what I am asking and being financially secure for my self and my future family(my dad and brothers say do not even worry about women right now and just concentrate on school,but it is so though when I have thoughts about them).

I am not asking for the world just this and being the best person I can be. Thank you to anyone who read this. Has there ever been that moment that makes you do what you do or want to do something?
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2012, 03:26:48 AM »
I'd imagine meeting Bloodreign and maybe other Yankee Vaniacs with Paavo would be cool. Of course that's unlikely to happen for lots of reasons, but it's fun to think about  8)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2012, 10:23:13 AM »
+1
First I want to complete college become a criminologist so I can understand why crime happens.

People are selfish at nature. Anyone wishes to maximize his / her well-being and would do anything in his / her ability to do so. Without fear of punishment for crimes, like Thomas Hobbes said, life would be solitary, poor, nasty, brutish and short. This is why we build society. When put alone, the will of every man is to work less and profit more. However when being required to compete against other people, the system forces you to work more and profit less.

Here, you may now skip the rest of college.  :P
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2012, 11:37:18 AM »
@ X. To start off sorry to hear about your dad. Losing loved ones sucks very badly. My best friend passed away in the late 90's and it his me hard. I didn't actually know right away either. But yeah i got that good feeling he's up their and your dad too. As for my dream or astral travel. I suppose that theory is very possible. Seeing that there is more to life that even no humans can explain it would seem as much facts as people have about our planet and solar system there is much that cannot be explained. Perhaps you are right and that was astro traveling. I do from time to time have these very awesome dreams or astral travel. I once was entering a giant's manshion or something. It was so beauftiul and elaborate and so vast i couldn't even find my way around. I realize that their were statues of angels(that were sorta wearing guards clothes i think) they pointed to differnt doors. I remember getting curious and opening a door they didn't point to. I was met by man eating camels, slammed the door and ran away.  Another dream or astral travel i had was at a hugh banquet. Of extremely massive size. Where i seen some of my relatives and friends eating. I mean their were vast rows past what the eye could see of tables and people. One last one i'll share is a very short one. I just remember walking in this corridor almost like you'd see in a subway station or perhaps in the indoor part of a football/hockey stadium(where you get food,use restrooms). Well anyways i just remember seeing people, aliens, centaurs, differnt beings you'd see in george lucas films or harry potter or something. But they had their own lives lieve like you and i.You see it's all together possilbe our dreams do tell us things or give us hope when we are down in life. Many times i've had dreams of places i used to know in life that i like, but they were somewhat altered(even better than before) it almost seems that it could be possilbe that these altered areas that lead to other areas i hadn't seen could be someone else places they remember or liked.( it is a weird concept i get sometimes when i think about dreams) I have woken up from dreams feeling really good even when i'm feeling bummed the day before. I will say dreams seem vivid at times, but in all essense i tend to think they may mean something more than just subconciusly dreaming.

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2012, 11:46:55 AM »
+1
Thanks Las. Sorry about your friend too. And yeah it sucks to lose someone you know. But for me it's all the more reason not to take my own life or else I won't get to see them again until I "Properly" finish my current incarnation.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2012, 01:10:34 PM »
+1
Yeah, thats why I try to stay alive too. I have too many friends, both online and offline, for me to die.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2012, 09:50:51 PM »
+1
My cat. When she's gone, I can say, "fuck this world," unless I go out and buy another cat right away.  :-X But it's all about the dependency. One reason I don't want kids (don't want something to anchor me down) and at the same time want a kid (cuz cats don't learn -smack!- means 'no!').
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2012, 01:36:37 AM »
+1
Boobs.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2012, 07:33:44 AM »
+1
Boobs.

Amen to that, brother.  8)

Seriously though, I'd rather not find out about death til I have to go. Too much stuff to do, man. Rather live life than give in as well - dying is easy, living's hard. I refuse to selfishly end my life for my own benefit at the cost of others pain.
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2012, 08:54:39 AM »
+1
Why I don't fear death:

No Fear in the Now

Tags: