Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Power of Ten  (Read 3908 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: September 27, 2012, 09:47:15 PM »
+5
This is an old video recording done back in 1977. But despite it's age it is very interesting to watch. It depicts the journey from the earth and beyond to returning to earth and traveling into inner space. I don't know if any of you say it before but for those who haven't, enjoy.  :)

Powers of Ten™ (1977)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 10:16:42 PM »
How they did that in 77? Im shocked, its very good and interesting! How did you found this relic of the past?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 10:18:37 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 09:16:10 AM »
I remember that video as a kid.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 09:29:01 AM »
How did you found this relic of the past?

Found out through my mom. She sent me the vid via e-mail. Then I looked it up on You Tube after remembering it.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 11:54:27 AM »
Found out through my mom. She sent me the vid via e-mail. Then I looked it up on You Tube after remembering it.
Thank her for me when you have a chance, this video is very interesting.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 03:45:20 PM »
Even to this day, this video messes with my head.
(click to show/hide)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 05:37:55 PM »
+2
Even to this day, this video messes with my head.

Tell me about it. But here's a more up=to-date vid that I found on the same page. The ending is what really got me thinking. According to the ancient civilizations the universe itself is the body of God in which we dwell. If that's the case then this new vid corroborates with some of that logistic reasoning. Reasoning that life as we know it contains its very own micro-universe within.

The Detailed Universe: This will Blow Your Mind.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 06:34:48 PM »
So this thought that appears in my head frequently has been noticed for another persons too? Interesting, I ever imagined if our universe is like a atom of another bigger life-form. I will certainly watch this video now.

EDIT: Really interesting and explains in a way that everyone will understand. +1
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 07:24:17 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 09:38:49 AM »
I ever imagined if our universe is like a atom of another bigger life-form. I will certainly watch this video now.

I think the universe might be smaller then an Atom, a Quark perhaps as they too have a spherical shape. Then again it might be even smaller then a Quark. You get the idea. But just think about it; The further inward you go, the possibilities are infinite. And I feel it's the exact same deal when you go outwards. Into infinite. So Im assuming that our universe is in the middle going inward and outward into infinity. The universe is a beautiful thing and that's the truth. Truth is beauty as beauty is truth.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 10:21:08 AM »
 One time someone said to me that if you try to divide a atom, it will explode, thats why they have atomic bombs.

I dont know if this person are right but that makes me think that our galaxy is a atom. But you are right, the possibilities are infinite and maybe we never will know the right answer, even so, its interesting to me.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2012, 06:43:46 PM »
My inner universes are at war with each other.

*sneezes then wipes expelled universes on his arm*
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2012, 09:53:18 PM »
My inner universes are at war with each other.

*sneezes then wipes expelled universes on his arm*

Except they are so small that they would not know what you did, let alone how it would effect them in any way.

PS: Did you come down with something?

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2012, 03:28:43 PM »
This is an old video recording done back in 1977. But despite it's age it is very interesting to watch. It depicts the journey from the earth and beyond to returning to earth and traveling into inner space. I don't know if any of you say it before but for those who haven't, enjoy.  :)

Powers of Ten™ (1977)

This is intensely familiar. Might have seen it in elementary school back in the mythical days of the 80's.
"Stuff and things."

Tags:

anything