Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I got a monochrome manual of COTM! IT'S the MISPRINT LIMITED VERSION!  (Read 16841 times)

Offline le052383

• Supreme Newbie From the Kingdom of Newbi
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I don't think Konami lost the original template for COTM.

The more reasonable guess is:

This is the first print manual for COTM, but it was released and packaged later than the first run.

This manual was printed in USA for the GBA launch, but they misprinted the game title on the back as KRAZY RACERS. The reputation of KONAMI and Nintendo would drop if this misprint happen, so they deliver the reprint mission to Konami Japan. (Printed in Japan)

However, the color manuals were not sufficient to supply more demands for COTM. After the first run, KONAMI packaged this misprint manual to cover it. Obviously the copies of this b/w version were released in limited number.

Anyway, MISPRINT GAME TITLE is ultra rare in the gaming industry. This B/W manual is an absolutely collector item!!!

-----------
BTW, the manual may be less color if the game were released in cheaper version like GREATEST HITS or PLAYERS CHOICE.
However, COTM never been released a cheaper version.
This is another rare situation in the industry.

No offense, but your theory doesn't makes sense to me.
I mean, the whole "konami had to ship it back because of one mistake" thing sounds silly.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 11:37:57 PM by le052383 »

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Re: Why do I got a monochrome manual of COTM?
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2008, 02:16:19 AM »
Another interesting thing.

The release date of COTM and KRAZY RACERS is same as 6/10/2001.

So I guess that this may be the original manual printed in USA, but they misprinted the game title on the back as KRAZY RACERS. Then the print mission was delivered to JAPAN.

Somehow this RARE manual was released in a LIMITED COLPIES.

so we have actually gotten a recent CV release with a full color manual like Japan always gets? Sweet.
_______________________________________ ______________

belmont_yang

Re: I got a monochrome manual of COTM! IT'S the MISPRINT LIMITED VERSION!
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2008, 08:06:23 AM »
In Reply To #47

Most of the US version manuals are b&w, it's surprised to see some color manuals in the market.

May be it's because malicious Capcom , Konami or some else companies manage to shrink their costs, while not so many gamers like you are requiring a color manual.

Even they wish a color one, the company don't care about them if they don't present the suggestion directly to those companies.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2008, 02:34:31 PM »
In Reply To #47

Most of the US version manuals are b&w, it's surprised to see some color manuals in the market.

May be it's because malicious Capcom , Konami or some else companies manage to shrink their costs, while not so many gamers like you are requiring a color manual.

why not? back in the old days all the old game manuals used to be in color, I can't understand why Konami of America and the other game companies can't give us color manuals like the oversees market gets considering NA is what's keeping Castlevania afloat for the most part Konami could at least spend the extra 5cents on a color manual.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline LuxKiller65

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2008, 07:37:32 AM »
May I ask the author of the thread if she/he is Japanese?

;D

Offline king metroid

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2008, 08:35:17 AM »
belmont_yang, i'll give you $200 for it!

MidnightSun

« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2008, 04:58:30 PM »
I actually had to sign up just to reply to this topic, because I might have some answers for you all!

I have the same manual that the original poster has..

Monochrome with the "KRAZY RACERS" typo on the back.

I remember I got the game early 2002 at K-Mart because it was already on clearance.  I think I only ended up paying 10 bucks for it.  I know I got it in 2002 because I got it before I met my finance, who I also met in 2002.

Since I got the game not too long after it's release (8 or so months, tops) it's probably the first printing, and it was just an error by Konami.  They probably printed the manual in black and white because they had to get it out for the GBA release and were running low on time.

But to Belmont Yang, you are making way too big of a deal out of this.  This typo won't add any value to your game.  Since it was probably the first pressing, there are probably several thousand out there, and no one in their right mind would actually pay extra money for a game because of a typo on the back.  If the wrong character art was used somewhere or something major was wrong with it, then ok, maybe it'd add 10 or 20 bucks to the value.  But stop acting like you have gold in your hands, no matter how rare it is it's not valuable or sought after.

Tags: