Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread  (Read 1055871 times)

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #585 on: March 10, 2012, 11:20:46 PM »
I can't change the in-game voice yet. So, I won't be replacing maria with an adult girl, like Sonia or Annette.

Replacing her with Carrie is a good idea though, but I need someone to make the sprites of her, cause I don't have the skill to make one.

hey pemburu,are you going to learn other methods of replacing sprites besides the copy paste method? that'd be cool dude.. :)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #586 on: March 10, 2012, 11:31:34 PM »
I can't change the in-game voice yet. So, I won't be replacing maria with an adult girl, like Sonia or Annette.
Not to mention modifying the hitboxes, attacks and subweapons, command skills, etcetcetc.
So yeah, I think we're stuck with clones of the original characters when it comes to character modding for the time being.

I always draw them busty... it's MY CURSE.
So basically you like 'em DOA big? :P
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #587 on: March 11, 2012, 09:53:07 AM »
I like 'em in all sizes, but yeah I prefer big.  I'm not sure why this is.
But yeah I'd love to do a Reinhardt & Carrie spriteset.  It'd be awesome.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Still uttering the same nonsense.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #588 on: March 11, 2012, 10:30:17 AM »
You should see it in action.

Castlevania: Potrait of Ruin Hanz Belmont hack

What do you think?

Parts of the animation look kind of stiff or something. Not really bad though. Did you do a direct swap out for the original sprites? It looks decent anyhow.

I do plan on changing the sheet drastically from what the others did. I plan on taking my extended richter sheet and using that to build frames for this character. I started building out a decent richter sheet quite a while ago I figured I could take that and use it to build a rival sheet. I still want to build the 32x richter using the sotn trevor as a base since that is what richters sprites became. They used 32x richter to make trevor and the 32x rival to make richter in sotn. It would be nice to build out sheets for the 32x stuff. I have gottan kind of obsessed with the bloodletting lately for some reason.
You can find all my projects here: https://thetilepile.blogspot.com/

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #589 on: March 11, 2012, 10:37:37 AM »
@ Corpsecrank. Man i seen your last video of all that jazz on the custom richter sprites. You got some great ideas their man. I'm so jumping on the Corpsecrank bandwagon! Hell yeah man, that whip swing turn around thing is stellar for sure. Totally see him with a sheild too! Yeah can't wait to see a demo on that for sure!!! @ Pemberu, some one did do a carrie somewhere, i dunno about Reinhardt. But it'd be cool to see what jorge comes up with too. Also that custom chick you made Jorge is kick ass. Man i had some crazy ideas for a custom game too. Came up with some ideas for a main character and two others so far. One being Abrahm Van Helsing(not Abraham from brahm stoker maybe even Adam Van Helsing, a Dr, Jeckle/Mister Hyde player, and a ninja(which i only started spriting), i thought of coming up with a girl from old england too. But never really came up with any sprites for anyone other than the ninja. I have it mapped out in my head with Abrahm or main player, same with Dr jeckyl sorta. But yeah here is the ninja:

Yeah i know not too origanal kinda a morph from maxim kinshine. BUt it's a start perhaps. I almost like the blue on his shirt but maybe darker. Probably not a mask either, he needs to be different, more direct, not as stealth as a normal ninja.
Pssst.....btw i am doing my best to keep him un-strider like.

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #590 on: March 11, 2012, 10:44:37 AM »
Holy crap you too Corpsecrank. I'm totally feeling the bloodletting thing too man. Hell i even got that richter/ricardo sheet i found online(most of which i didn't do). I did some extra frame for it too, a death, stairs animations too. If your interested i could post it or pm it too you. Oh i also made some of Hanz too back in the day, extra frames i mean. I think i did a death for him and one or two other animtions to add to what Serio(or who ever did him). Yeah does anyone know who did the sprite sheet with guns on richter/ricardo or hanz. They are impressive as hell. Also i started an edit to gretchen or whatever from Maria. It is just a simple reskin at this point( i didnt' work on it any further) but i did make stairs sprites for her). Also i had some intersting witch sypha sprites which i never fully toyed with they could use a little tweaking too.

Eikes sorry for the double post, i though someone posted in between my post, at least that's what it said before i posted the second one.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 11:00:18 AM by Las »

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #591 on: March 11, 2012, 02:50:41 PM »
Yeah if you have some stuff you could share it would go to good use. It would probably save me a bunch of time anyhow.

I just got bloodletting fever all of a sudden and now I can't shake it. I want to do what you saw with my richter sheet and build a rival sheet. I still have work to do on the richter sheet though. I like the way richter looks in bloodletting so I am pushing to get the rival done or at least up to where my richter sheet is so I can start that. Richter will be tougher I think since there were not enough frames from trevor in sotn. I been wanting to build out the trevor sheet anyhow so maybe I will do that when I start richter.

I am losing some time on my rival sheet just getting the existing frames colored. I am adjusting the palate to fit sotn because the original was to bright. I am using a mix of things to do that. Some colors are just dialed back from the original and some are sampled from other sprites etc. I like the way it's looking though. It looks a lot closer to the brightness level richter has in sotn. Just eliminating the orange and yellow for red and tan makes a huge difference.

That turn around frame for swinging with the whip needs more frames. What you see works and I animated it once in flash just to test how it looks. I should update that animation since I added a couple frames since I did it. But it works. The only problem is that there are only frames to swing then turn around so it just loops and richter swing back and fourth. As for a game well there would be no attack while swinging and you would face the wrong way at times because of the turn around. Pretty much I want to add some transition frames and make other swinging frames so that you can swing the character and turn around with a button press while being able to fire sub weapons off.

Lots or work to do and not nearly enough time lol.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #592 on: March 11, 2012, 04:02:41 PM »
Ok well i dunno what program do you use? I am meddling with game maker now but don't really know how to code well. I have a base engine with alucard runnign back and forth, attacking and jumping. I haven't even figured out how to get his jump frames all working out yet. I do know some of the lingo to use but i'm really a begginer here. Is that construct or something? I've heard of it but don't know anything about it. I did plan on making the 3 player of the bloodletting with stairs animations. And though i hadn't finished i did plan on making a slide for one, and dash attack for the other. But personally your richter's shoulder bash is extremely cool looking. I really dig your ideas with the whole soul floats up to heaven thing. cool concept for sure. And yeah the swinging thing. I would keep that definetly. Ok well either way here is the hanz added sheet(most of which i didn't do), the richter/ricardo i'm not even sure what konami was gonna call him though i think it is was richter originally(half of these are morphed from trevor didn't and didn't quit finish). I also made a maria bloodletting reskin. It's not much really and i was gonna rework her costume totally and hair aswell(but didnt get around to it cause of SCV3). Either way i made stairs animations for her. I did all this way back about a year or year and a half ago. Funny thing is i was planning on trying my own bloodletting a while back but hadn't gotten to it. Ok well anyways. Here's what i had:

Yeah there's not exactly alot of original work here. But i've certainly made some progress. I found these sheets some time back and just basically added to them.

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #593 on: March 11, 2012, 04:41:17 PM »
I will add the extra couple frames from hanz to my sheet for sure and that is also a great start on richter. I think those richter frames ought to save some time. Maria I haven't considered as much there is a lot to do right now with 4 character sheets all going at the same time along with many other things. But eventually I am sure that will come into use as well.

Still trying to finish out this stage design before anything. I want to finish that up tonight some time so I can get back to working on characters again.

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #594 on: March 11, 2012, 07:53:57 PM »
hey pemburu,are you going to learn other methods of replacing sprites besides the copy paste method? that'd be cool dude.. :)

That's what I wanted to, to be able to add and delete frames. I can resize frames to an extent though.

Not to mention modifying the hitboxes, attacks and subweapons, command skills, etcetcetc.
So yeah, I think we're stuck with clones of the original characters when it comes to character modding for the time being.

That is correct, unfortunately. :(

But yeah I'd love to do a Reinhardt & Carrie spriteset.  It'd be awesome.

Hell yeah! I'd love to see it.

Parts of the animation look kind of stiff or something. Not really bad though. Did you do a direct swap out for the original sprites? It looks decent anyhow.

Not sure what you meant, I just copy pasted in the Hanz sprites that Serio gave me.

@ Pemburu, some one did do a carrie somewhere, i dunno about Reinhardt. But it'd be cool to see what jorge comes up with too.

Someone did? I'd love to see it.

Here's what i had:

Yeah there's not exactly alot of original work here. But i've certainly made some progress. I found these sheets some time back and just basically added to them.

That's awesome work there. :)

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #595 on: March 11, 2012, 09:06:56 PM »
Thanks. There wasn't much work needed to be done for hanz unless he's gonna use a similar whip swing like richter. Imo i would give them all differnt moves and item crashes possibly. That sheet of Maria/whoever was supposed to be the girl(i think gretchen???not sure) but either way i do have Maria stairs sprites too. That's what i morphed them off of. They were also done by me a while back. Yeah i never did do a slide for hanz which woulda came in handy. Also i didn't do any 8 way whipping like in SCV4 either for him that i'd planned for.

@ pembaru. As for carrie i'll have to look around. Maybe it was in an earlier page of this thread, or possibly at Serio's site. But if so i'm not gonna post without permission. I will however pm you the link if i find the page.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 09:11:06 PM by Las »

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #596 on: March 12, 2012, 01:26:47 AM »
@ Corpsecrank. Man i seen your last video of all that jazz on the custom richter sprites. You got some great ideas their man. I'm so jumping on the Corpsecrank bandwagon! Hell yeah man, that whip swing turn around thing is stellar for sure. Totally see him with a sheild too! Yeah can't wait to see a demo on that for sure!!! @ Pemberu, some one did do a carrie somewhere, i dunno about Reinhardt. But it'd be cool to see what jorge comes up with too. Also that custom chick you made Jorge is kick ass. Man i had some crazy ideas for a custom game too. Came up with some ideas for a main character and two others so far. One being Abrahm Van Helsing(not Abraham from brahm stoker maybe even Adam Van Helsing, a Dr, Jeckle/Mister Hyde player, and a ninja(which i only started spriting), i thought of coming up with a girl from old england too. But never really came up with any sprites for anyone other than the ninja. I have it mapped out in my head with Abrahm or main player, same with Dr jeckyl sorta. But yeah here is the ninja:

Yeah i know not too origanal kinda a morph from maxim kinshine. BUt it's a start perhaps. I almost like the blue on his shirt but maybe darker. Probably not a mask either, he needs to be different, more direct, not as stealth as a normal ninja.
Pssst.....btw i am doing my best to keep him un-strider like.

Which was actually based on this ridiculously smooth run animation i made for Maxim a long time ago..with my permission already of course via inbox.. :)

From this ugly spriteset i made a long time ago lol

That is until i decided to give him better palettes,shading and detail plus a far more plausible run..

Just saying Las LOL XP

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #597 on: March 12, 2012, 05:43:44 AM »
That last run animation looks really solid I like it. I like the way it leans forward which looks more natural for a full speed run than the other one which suited a jog better than a run.

It sure is going to be hard to get anything done this week with all this nice weather lol. It's killing my efforts. I may have to go into night mode here if I want to accomplish anything and just avoid the sunny daytime distraction. Stay up all night when there is nothing else to do but sit here and work on my projects!

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #598 on: March 12, 2012, 05:48:03 AM »
That last run animation looks really solid I like it. I like the way it leans forward which looks more natural for a full speed run than the other one which suited a jog better than a run.

It sure is going to be hard to get anything done this week with all this nice weather lol. It's killing my efforts. I may have to go into night mode here if I want to accomplish anything and just avoid the sunny daytime distraction. Stay up all night when there is nothing else to do but sit here and work on my projects!

Thanks very much C!:D
Yeah might as well do so while time is available haha!
Good luck on it btw too  :)

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #599 on: March 12, 2012, 06:00:32 AM »
Yeah, Donofrio, sorry i failed to mention that. I got a tad excited when i heard"the bloodletting" yesterday. Yes indeed, the ninja is a morph of donofrio's maxim kinshine. Very nice job too with maxim thus far,like the sprite run.  I must say i like the fact that sprite artist are making new versions of some of the game boy advance games, all of which i haven't yet played. The juste belmont is very well done also. Solblaze stopped onto the forum with an amazing looking nathan graves too.  Be nice to see all these players in action at some point in time. Wether Serio's game, a hack, or custom fan games. Nice too see such talent. It makes me wanna sharpen my skills too. I've been on somewhat of a code learning tear lately though. Starting to learn this and that.

anything