Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Belmont Family Tree  (Read 23831 times)

Offline SimonBelmondo

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« on: March 16, 2013, 11:38:45 PM »
does anyone know the belmont family tree? i would like to know.  :)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 12:22:43 AM »
+1
Classic Timeline

Leon Belmont
v
v
v
v
v
v
Trevor Belmont > Married > Sypha Belnades
v
Great Grandfather of
v
Christopher Belmont
v
Father of
v
Soleiyu Belmont
v
Grandfather of
v
Simon Belmont
v
Grandfater of
v
Juste Belmont
v
Father(?) of
v
Richter Belmont > distant relative/Brother in law of > Maria Renard > Sister of > Annete
v                                                                                                             ^
v                                                                                                          Married
v                                                                                                             ^
v> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ^
v
v
v > > > > > >  v
v            Quincy Morris
v                   v
v               Father of
v                   v             
v             John Morris
v                   v
v              Father of
v                   v
v         Johnathan Morris
v < < < < <  < v
v                   
v
v
Julius Belmont

Lords of Shadow Timeline

Gabriel Belmont > Married > Marie
v
Father of
v
Trevor Belmont > Married Sypha Belnades
v
Father of
v
Simon Belmont
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 12:37:57 AM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline SimonBelmondo

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 12:32:59 AM »
Thanks now i know  ;D

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 12:34:46 AM »
Just fyi, the Castlevania wiki is your friend
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 10:52:51 AM »

Richter Belmont > distant relative/Brother in law of > Maria Renard > Sister of > Annete
v                                                                                                          Married
v> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ^

I thought that Annette and Maria weren't 'actually' sisters, and that Maria just called Annette her sister as a form of endearment? And that's why Richter didn't know her despite Annette being his LI?

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 11:11:23 AM »
Dunno, was going by the wiki

In Castlevania: Dracula X, Maria is changed to Annette's younger sister[2]. Assuming Annette is later married with Richter, this idea seemed to be continued in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night as Maria is referred as Richter's sister-in-law.[3] However, after a newer version of the official timeline was released, it is stated that Maria is adopted by the Belmont Family,[4] explaining how she became Richter's adopted sister.

Note that the Japanese term "義妹" (Gimai) could refer to either "sister-in-law" and "adopted sister".

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 11:52:51 AM »
+2
Quote from: SimonBelmondo on Today at 02:38:45 AM
does anyone know the belmont family tree? i would like to know.  :)

LEGEND: OO = End/NoRecord Bloodline
///// = split/merge of families
++++ = some sort of event
|| Each vertical line (or double vertical in case of multiple families in a split) is about a generation (maybe 50-100 years)
IGA's Timeline:

Leon Belmont (LoI)
|
|
|
Trevor Belmont (CVIII, CoD)
|
Christopher Belmont (CVAdventure, CVARebirth)
Soleiyu Belmont (CVA2: Belmont's Revenge)
Desmond Belmont, Zoe Belmont,l Dolores Belmont (siblings, CV:Order of Shadows)
Simon Belmont (Castlevania/VampireKiller/HauntedCastle/X68000/SCV4, CVIII)
|
Juste Belmont
|
Richter Belmont
++++Fall of the Belmont Clan++++
|                                                    ||
Quincey Morris (Related Bloodline)                         ||                 
Jonathan Morris (PoR)                           ||   

Julius Belmont (1999 - Last Belmont)

Unofficial Timeline (Includes Non-Canon Belmonts and others):

Leon Belmont (LoI)
|
|
Sonia Belmont (Legends, possibly Trevor's mother)
Trevor Belmont (CVIII, CoD)
|
Christopher Belmont (CVAdventure, CVARebirth)
Soleiyu Belmont (CVA2: Belmont's Revenge)
Desmond Belmont, Zoe Belmont,l Dolores Belmont (siblings, CV:Order of Shadows)
Simon Belmont (Castlevania/VampireKiller/HauntedCastle/X68000/SCV4, CVIII)
|
Juste Belmont
|
                    Richter Belmont ///////////////////////////////////////////////Maria Renard (distantly related)
+++Disbandment of Belmont Clan+++
||                                                      ||
Victor Belmont (Resurrection, refused title)                     Morris Baldwin   (blood-related family)             
                            (Victor's name disappears from history books)                      (Assigning of alternate whips & related families to help)                   
||                                                                           || 
     ||                                                                           ||       
                                                                                                                 ||                                   Hugh Baldwin /////////////Nathan Graves//////? ? ? Morris///////////////? ? ? Schneider (related families)                   
                                                                                                                            ||                                    (unclear)           (unclear)        Quincey Morris (Dracula novel)        Reinhardt Schneider(CV64)                                                                                                                             
                                                                                                                            ||                                                   OO           OO                   John Morris (Bloodlines)                         (unclear)                                                                                                                                                   ||                                                                                                Jonathan Morris  (PoR)                        OO                                     
||                                                                             
||                                                                             
Julius Belmont (1999/AoS/DoS)                                                           

Lords of Shadow Timeline:
Gabriel Belmont
Trevor Belmont
Simon Belmont

NOTE: It is possible to merge IGA's Timeline and the Unofficial Timeline when one considers that Victor Belmont's true path has him travelling back in time and helping Sonia Belmont, thus changing history.  It can be speculated that by having Victor travel back in time, he can create an alternate timeline, which would become IGA's timeline, which removes Sonia and Victor from history altogether, and changes the events such that the Belmont clan is not disbanded, but rather goes into hiding or something.

NOTE2:  The "Unofficial" timeline is a work of Jorge D. Fuentes. :P
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 12:04:02 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 12:21:25 PM »
Interesting timeline Jorge although I still feel that Morris Baldwin is not a blood member of the Belmonts Like Nathan Graves' family was. But the story of CotM is very loose so it's all up to personal interpretation.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 12:27:00 PM »
It's possible that the assignment of alternate 'cousin' families and additional whips was done at the same time as Victor's rejection of the Belmont vampire killer title.

I think that all of these side families are distant relatives just like the Renards.
Again though, this is all conjecture.  The only (loose) reason I feel they're related is because the whip accepts those families, whether at a 'nerfed' power (like in CV64) or at full-power but with a caveat (like in Bloodlines/PoR).

Since there isn't a "Castlevania Historia" book out there yet, anyone can come up with theories.
Mine is just one of many.

The original poster did ask for a family tree.  My unofficial one does include every Belmont, even cancelled-game ones and their placement in relative time.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2013, 06:39:15 PM »
Fair enough. I'd always assumed that Nathan's mother was a Belmont (Richter's daughter) and that the whip was held in reserve for Nathan for when he became of age. As for the Baldwins, I see them as being close friends of the Belmonts. And that the reason why Hugh was jealous of the whip going to Nathan rather then himself was due to Hugh not being informed of the circumstances regarding the whip as Nathan's family heirloom. But of course the core of his jealousy was due to his own father choosing Nathan as his successor over him and he felt that the whip itself was that very symbol of succession.

"You could never beat me in training... Never once! But Father named you successor and gave you the Hunter whip." -Hugh Baldwin, 1830. CV: CotM.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2013, 06:42:24 PM »
It's quite possible.

It's also possible that both house Baldwin and house Graves are related to Belmonts, but Baldwin are closer in bloodline.  For Morris to choose another house rather than his own son would cause the jealousy, but it's possible that, without a Belmont, the whole "bloodline" thing isn't as important as much as heart. Conviction.  Discipline.  Integrity.  Traits that he has seen on Nathan and not on his only son Hugh, even if Hugh has high skills.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2013, 07:05:46 PM »
They should make a "Castlevania: Dracula" game where you play as Quincy Morris in a very liberal retelling of the original Dracula novel. I mean, I know he's already IN the canon through the adoption of the novel into the timeline, but it would be cool to see it all from a Castlevania perspective.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 02:07:49 PM »
Sorry to bring this topic up again but a buddy sent this to me and I wanted to know what you guys thought.
http://www.vgmuseum.com/mrp/CVPics6/familytree.gif

I think a lot of it is crap but who knows?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2013, 06:13:14 PM »
I do believe that was the inbreeding family tree I saw some time ago that left me scratching my head and thinking "WTF??"

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2013, 06:32:16 PM »
Don't forget that all of the Wygol villagers are related to the Belmonts.  So the Belmont family branched out quite a lot (makes sense considering how far back the lineage can be traced).  It's not unreasonable to assume that the characters from CotM are in some way related to the Belmonts for that same reason.