Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania RPG  (Read 10964 times)

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2014, 02:18:03 AM »
All this talk makes me wish it would happen.

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2014, 09:09:47 AM »
I think he was referring to single player games only and not multiple players in one game like the standard MMO. I'd have to agree with that too. CV is meant to be solo player game, but you can have more then one hero in your roster to choose from.
Well that makes sense. That experience should be made solo, regardless if you can control an ally. Keeps it epic.
I'll keep my hopes high that anything will come to the series at this point.
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania RPG
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2014, 09:21:23 AM »
No, I meant alone just like the classic games in which the hero would enter the castle and defeat Dracula on their own with only the whip and sub weapons. No allies. Other players and "allies" just get in the way and hold you back.

It's why I HATE MMOs.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2014, 09:39:32 AM »
Okay so that's what you meant. Dirp  ;D
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2014, 10:14:15 AM »
personally i think the argument "castlevania has never been about story therefor an rpg wouldn't work" is invalid. its true that in the beginning, castlevania didn't focus on story, but that is no longer the case & hasn't been for quite some time. the Dracula/vampire mythos is what keeps many of us coming back for more, it coincides with the gameplay, and the series has had more story since the mid-late 90s with symphony, CV64, etc. the last early-90s era cv game we got was Adventure ReBirth, that games plot can literally be summarized in a short sentence, as with all the other early 90s games.

DragonSlayr81 mentioned a while back about konami capitalizing on the Dracula mythos by including elements from real life, his brothers, the Order of the Dragon, the political struggles of ancient Romania, etc. perfect opportunity for that to be realized in an RPG, is it not? its somewhat difficult to cover those interesting aspects in a action-platformer. consider a reboot that used the "real" Vlad Tepes (no mathias, no Gabriel, just original Vlad). the game uses elements from real history while blending in elements from the games (monsters, Belmont Warlord Chromosones, etc) the climax will have Vlad fully transformed into Dracula, and the Belmont hero Trevor or whoever faces him in an epic showdown, Cloud vs Sephiroth style. it could work, just gotta be open-minded. perhaps it could be a final fantasy tactics/tactics ogre style game

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2014, 12:02:29 AM »
+1
Saving the world from a god-like villain with giant monsters working for him.

Congratulations, you just described every Japanese game ever.

Also, God of War, kinda.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2014, 02:54:46 AM »
+1
Congratulations, you just described every Japanese game ever.

I would like to make a correction on that statement. It's more of "every Japanese RPG ever".

consider a reboot that used the "real" Vlad Tepes (no mathias, no Gabriel, just original Vlad).

Well, we can wait for the public's reaction on the upcoming Dracula Untold movie and see if Konami's gonna move.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2014, 09:38:57 AM »
consider a reboot that used the "real" Vlad Tepes (no mathias, no Gabriel, just original Vlad).

I'm all down for this too. It would make for a very intelligent and captivating CV RPG.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2014, 07:46:40 AM »
I'm all down for this too. It would make for a very intelligent and captivating CV RPG.
I think that would work well. Just keep it following the history in whatever way possible to capture any vampire aficionado's attention. Having that fantasy history element tied in to a deep storyline would make for a rewarding experience.
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Tags: