Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Carpathian Night Starring Bela Lugosi  (Read 105019 times)

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2018, 10:18:06 AM »
+1
Demo Releases JUNE

Updating this as once again, I think I need to push the release date back a bit. I've been working very hard to get this demo released on time, but I am now certain that it will not be ready by my announced date of June 1st.

That being said, based on the current state of the demo, the most likely target will probably around the 15th. Once again, sorry for the delay and I will continue to do my best to release the demo soon.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 06:07:33 PM by VladOfWallachia »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2018, 06:11:19 PM »
That's okay. Best to take your time and be ready rather then push something when it isn't.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2018, 12:09:18 AM »
That's okay. Best to take your time and be ready rather then push something when it isn't.
Thanks, I try to keep that in mind as I continue to polish the game.

I uploaded a "live" (non-chiptune) version  of our opening level theme, Castel Lui Dracul. Check it out!

https://youtu.be/ZGPs4pv7Fks

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2018, 04:22:49 PM »
In the spirit of E3, we have released a short trailer for Carpathian Night. I hope you enjoy!

https://youtu.be/whQGhnDHBJo

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2018, 10:55:36 PM »
I'd be using Irina. She looks to be the Belmont of this game  8)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2018, 10:02:37 AM »
I'd be using Irina. She looks to be the Belmont of this game  8)

She's my favorite of the two as well. There's something about the fire on the end tip of her censer attack that helps me gauge the distance between myself and the monsters. I originally added the fire in there just as an artistic thing, but it really helps with the actual gameplay. For some reason, the golden flame on Dorin's lance doesn't give the same feeling/effect. Her sprite is also a bit smaller, as well as her hitbox, so she feels a bit more nimble as well, despite having the same movement speed as Dorin.

However, I think I like Dorin's special attack more. Irina's is good for defensive situations but I've played this game so much that and don't need to be defensive. Dorin's offensive phantom attack is more fun for quickly clearing out a group of monsters.

We shall see what everyone else thinks when the demo is ready! I feel like we are taking too long so I decided to bring in some additional help. Hopefully the demo will be out very soon. Stay tuned!

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2018, 01:08:50 PM »

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2018, 02:18:32 PM »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2018, 11:29:41 AM »

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2018, 02:31:25 PM »
d e m o    r e l e a s e s   j u n e
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2018, 04:27:39 PM »
d e m o    r e l e a s e s   j u n e

:o We are very sorry about missing the June 1st release date, but I promise that we have been working very hard to get this done. The scope keeps bumping up as I feel the need to add new things (such as Irina and a new section of the level) but the constant delays is one of the reasons I brought a couple of new people on board recently to lend a hand. I feel like all of these time consuming changes do make the game better overall, so I feel like the delays are worth it.

We will keep grinding away at this until its ready, which may or may not be June. We are definitely in the final stretch, I can't possibly imagine a scenario where the release date would creep past July and into August. Again, my apologies, I wan't to put this game in the hands of everyone here at the dungeon, but its going to have to wait just a bit longer.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2018, 05:44:48 PM »
:o We are very sorry about missing the June 1st release date, but I promise that we have been working very hard to get this done. The scope keeps bumping up as I feel the need to add new things (such as Irina and a new section of the level) but the constant delays is one of the reasons I brought a couple of new people on board recently to lend a hand. I feel like all of these time consuming changes do make the game better overall, so I feel like the delays are worth it.

We will keep grinding away at this until its ready, which may or may not be June. We are definitely in the final stretch, I can't possibly imagine a scenario where the release date would creep past July and into August. Again, my apologies, I wan't to put this game in the hands of everyone here at the dungeon, but its going to have to wait just a bit longer.

oh no i'm not upset i'm just hype
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
Re: Carpathian Night - Demo coming very soon!
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2018, 11:13:07 AM »

Don't get too close to this beast! He will always win a short range exchange of blows. Keep him at the tip of your lance/censer or risk getting torn up!

Be alert when he uses his rolling attack. The incoming direction of his special move can be unpredictable. Use your dash slide to quickly evade him, and try to predict his angle of attack to intercept him mid-air.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2018, 11:30:38 AM »
(click to show/hide)

This does spark a thought:

Both your characters are longer-ranged characters.

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2018, 08:55:34 AM »
This does spark a thought:

Both your characters are longer-ranged characters.

Are you interested in seeing a Grant-like character in CN? Short range, fast attack speed, plus a few other special abilities...

Tags:

anything