Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Season 3  (Read 72410 times)

Offline DraculaCronqvist

• Demon King
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I shall give you the answer along with your death!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2020, 01:21:38 AM »
I think the director of the show has gone on record saying that he'll not add Grant to the show at all, because he doesn't like his design and name.
"It's not that I don't love to run into the heart of danger... Actually, that's exactly it."
"Individualism is a path fraught with obstacles, and sometimes angry mobs, but for all its hardships it is the only one worth taking."

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2020, 07:54:09 AM »
well he had no problem completely changing up Isaac who is no where near what he was like in Curse of Darkness, so i don’t see why he couldn’t have done the same with Grant....

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2020, 09:22:26 AM »
i also remember a quote saying something to the effect that Grant was in the universe the whole time, just either offscreen or not recognized as such.  i could see the guy in the poster being a redesign of grant if they decided to take emphasize that the family of that the danasty name came from was a political rival of vlad’s family instead of his design in castlevania.  my fan fictiony mind wonders if the scene of dracula wiping out a bunch of merchants due to one of them insulting him was a call back to dracula murdering grant’s family.  could grant be a surviver of these guys, or a descendant of them?  if so, the mystery guy in the poster might fit this scenario.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2020, 04:31:15 PM »
well he had no problem completely changing up Isaac who is no where near what he was like in Curse of Darkness, so i don’t see why he couldn’t have done the same with Grant....
Isaac in the netflix show actualy appeared very similar to Isaac during the events of Cv3, as portrayed in the Curse of Darkness Manga.  Other than the race change, but being that his race was never a central aspect of his character I don't think that was significant.  We'll see where Isaac is at after Dracula's death, thats when he became the Isaac we knew is CoD, not before.  I have a lot of problems with the netflix show, Isaac is one of the things I love.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 04:33:43 PM by AlexCalvo »
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2020, 08:00:25 AM »
Isaac in the netflix show actualy appeared very similar to Isaac during the events of Cv3, as portrayed in the Curse of Darkness Manga.  Other than the race change, but being that his race was never a central aspect of his character I don't think that was significant.  We'll see where Isaac is at after Dracula's death, thats when he became the Isaac we knew is CoD, not before.  I have a lot of problems with the netflix show, Isaac is one of the things I love.

This would require Isaac to change from a calmer, more collected individual to a manic, more impulsive one. I could see this happening, and they could even divert his focus of revenge from Hector to Alucard/Trevor or even Carmilla, but they'd need to really show the psychological break Isaac has as a result of the defeat of Dracula and his not being there to prevent it and how it and his past trauma causes such a turn in personality.

I honestly don't have a lot of faith in Ellis's writing that he'd be that nuanced.

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2020, 02:40:33 PM »
I wonder if Dracula’s Curse is going to make an appearance in this season, effecting far more people than just Isaac.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 02:47:46 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2020, 07:20:49 PM »
This would require Isaac to change from a calmer, more collected individual to a manic, more impulsive one. I could see this happening, and they could even divert his focus of revenge from Hector to Alucard/Trevor or even Carmilla, but they'd need to really show the psychological break Isaac has as a result of the defeat of Dracula and his not being there to prevent it and how it and his past trauma causes such a turn in personality.

From what I remember of CoD Issac was effected by the curse of Dracula, hence his psychotic nature. It was easy for Issac to fall prey to the curse due to his strong loyalty to his former master. The curse itself would've impaired Issac's judgement severely, leaving him as the "broken man" we know of, with nothing but his own fuelled-up ego and thoughts of revenge.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2020, 01:33:06 PM »
It’s been a while since I read the Curse of Darkness manga so i apologize if i got some facts about Isaac’s personality as his tenure as a Devil Forgemaster wrong. I do know that there was supposed to be a volume 3, but that was abruptly canceled.

There have been action figures released of Trevor, Sypha, & Alucard released. I didn’t get a chance to buy them but they look pretty basic.

I wouldn’t mind if Dracula isn’t included in season 3, but it would be a shame if they didn’t include Death. He is an important part of the mythos, even if they include him as Zead (his human avatar) would suffice and would actually make more sense, all things considered

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #83 on: February 14, 2020, 09:48:52 AM »
The trailer is up!  Just.... wow..... 
This definitely seems to be going in its own direction, with a whole new story that looks like it might build towards Curse of Darkness.  I’m intrigued. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR2pccjtCbHKtPd3UnGpmeQB8KFyPi9Mw0gxORYeMkCDvI4UXhbRzflz-rk&v=cYNGDUIBUhE&feature=youtu.be
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: February 14, 2020, 10:10:32 AM »
I'll watch it because it's Castlevania, but I wasn't a very big fan so season 2.

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: February 14, 2020, 03:02:30 PM »
Dracula may be dead, but our heroes definitely still have their work cut out for them!

Since they decided to do their own thing story wise, they owe us a lot of fan service.  I see a good number of recognizable monsters, which is awesome, though sometimes it’s hard to tell if its their own design or based on a specific monster from the game.  Hope we get an art book or something some day that labels them all so we know for sure.  Also, hoping for more recognizable tunes.

Now I’m curious if Carmilla had a Devil Forgemaster working for her in Circle of the Moon haha.  Necromancer probably filled that role I suppose.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 05:32:25 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: February 14, 2020, 06:02:19 PM »
Is the person Alucard interacting with male or female?  I can't tell.

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #87 on: February 14, 2020, 06:12:30 PM »
I'll watch it because it's Castlevania, but I wasn't a very big fan so season 2.

I gotta agree with you.  It really felt like Dracula was neutered in season 2 and was incredibly morose for the sake of being pitiful.

Offline Aiddon

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #88 on: February 14, 2020, 10:49:16 PM »
That's the good stuff.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: February 15, 2020, 06:35:44 AM »
The animation looked kind of choppy in certain parts in season 2, specifically the final battle scenes against Dracula. I dunno but it looked like there were frames missing & they cut corners here n there. I hope this gets improved in s3 (also the dialogue. I don’t need to hear Alucard make any more dick jokes)

Tags: