Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Konami considering new Castlevania game on Switch. Harmony of Despair 2 ?  (Read 9020 times)

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
I like how Dracula can seduce chicks in HoD

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
HoD should have just been an online mode for a new Metroidvania.  There's nothing really inherently wrong with it, it does what it sets out to do well, it just feels so small.  Much more like one piece of a whole than a complete product.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
Yeah, I enjoyed HoDe, but the series needs a standalone game. Simply a Belmont in a giant castle.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
^^^
Dido.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
Yeah, I enjoyed HoDe, but the series needs a standalone game. Simply a Belmont in a giant castle.

what about a giant castle in a belmont?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Briraka

• Hunter in Training
  • \m/
    • Awards

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
a belmont is the castle.

... hey, a better plot twist than a belmont is dracula.

Online BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
No frills, no serious story, no plotline. Belmont in a big castle. Beat Dracula. CV was never truly about the story anyways, I'm pretty sure it was just in SotN for selling potential and an excuse to tell you how to do things and fight Richter and reuse assets.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Aiddon

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Not getting my hopes up considering this was from an article from nearly a year ago. I can see Konami doing something with it to capitalize on the surprise success of the Netflix show but it'll probably just be a lazy cash grab.

Offline gallandryal

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
I'd like a new game that is a sequel to aria of sorrow, maybe in the far future when Soma is old with  new protagonist

or telling Julius battle in 1999 .

a belmont is the castle.

... hey, a better plot twist than a belmont is dracula.

A Belmont is a castle? how would that work exactly? lol I wanna play it  8)

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
No frills, no serious story, no plotline. Belmont in a big castle. Beat Dracula. CV was never truly about the story anyways, I'm pretty sure it was just in SotN for selling potential and an excuse to tell you how to do things and fight Richter and reuse assets.

I would be all for this. I like the basic story of a vampire hunting family, but as you've said nothing too serious.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

*mind explosion*

Offline Briraka

• Hunter in Training
  • \m/
    • Awards
A Belmont is a castle? how would that work exactly? lol I wanna play it  8)

You play as Simon Belmont in an artsy-fartsy strutting/stair-climbing simulator using diplomacy to pacify all the monsters in the castle. When Simon finally convinces Dracula of the errors of his ways, the entire game zooms out to reveal that the castle's rooms are in the shape of Simon's sprite.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
I would love a minimalist remake of Castlevania 1, barebones story telling, dripping with atmosphere in the vein of something between Demon's Souls and Journey and the aesthetic of the classic games that was never fully realized, reminiscent of Boris Vallejo and Frank Frezetta.  Simon should be alone the whole game.

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
didn't we get that between 4 and chronicles/x68?

4 nailed the right atmosphere but fucked up the gameplay with making the whip actual godmode and chronicles/x68 was less on creep atmosphere but had tight gameplay

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
X68 is slightly less atmospheric but it's still wonderfully gothic nonetheless. Combine that with better level design and overall attention to detail, I'd say it's the most well-rounded of the two. On the other hand, SCIV's atmosphere and music are so great that it's worth playing the game for those two things alone.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
Well I meant a modern 3d game.  Should have mentioned that.  But something very minimalist.  Like the games I mentioned.

Tags: