Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Season 3  (Read 72346 times)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2020, 12:55:28 PM »
Not that this is news, but they confirmed season 3 is coming out in 2020.  No hints as to what date, but there’s always a chance it could come out around Halloween.  Yay, the season is an extra two episodes long, but we might have to wait a whole extra year to get it?  Oh well.  Still not nearly as long as we had to wait for the first season after it was announce lol.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/winteriscoming.net/2020/01/08/looks-like-castlevania-season-3-coming-year/amp/
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 12:56:59 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2020, 01:36:11 PM »
Netflix (at least the French account) recently teased season 3 coming soon (along other shows). IMO, we should get the new season in the next couple of months.

Offline DraculaCronqvist

• Demon King
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I shall give you the answer along with your death!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2020, 04:40:50 PM »
It would be nice to see more of the show, despite the little problems I might have with it. Though I must admit, should the show be without Dracula, it would feel quite hollow. He's the central character and I really, really do not want to see either Isaac or Carmilla to be the new main villain.
"It's not that I don't love to run into the heart of danger... Actually, that's exactly it."
"Individualism is a path fraught with obstacles, and sometimes angry mobs, but for all its hardships it is the only one worth taking."

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2020, 04:58:54 PM »
I’m assuming they are going to loosely adapt the plot of Curse of Darkness in season 3. They already set up Hector & Isaac so it makes sense. Hopefully we will see Death too

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2020, 09:09:19 PM »
+1
I’m assuming they are going to loosely adapt the plot of Curse of Darkness in season 3. They already set up Hector & Isaac so it makes sense. Hopefully we will see Death too

At this point if we don't see Death its really going to dampen season 3 for me, I can somewhat forgive Grant not being present in the past 2 seasons since he isn't a HUGE part of the CV lore in general but Death is a absolute core element in the mythos of CV and has pretty much been in every single game even the earliest timeline wise LOI which saw the birth of Dracula, having him not be a part of this show just makes you feel like something is "missing" as a CV fan and I hope they finally bring in Death.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2020, 11:17:30 AM »
If they decide to use Death, then I don’t think they will give him a speaking role. He will probably just be another obstacle the gang must overcome*, which I’m not too sure how I would feel about that because it is technically still accurate to the character itself

Death didn’t have any dialogue at all in the Aria/Dawn of Sorrow games, which was odd considering how the overall narrative of the series lore expanded upon him by showing his utter loyalty to Dracula & his manipulation of events/characters. So if the show omits his “personality,” it’s going to be kinda weird, but kinda not at the same time

*unless they include him as Zead, which is possible although that may be too “on the nose”

Offline DraculaCronqvist

• Demon King
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2020, 11:32:03 AM »
Including Death would be very nice, but I have little hopes of them actually doing so - I could more see it that the Netflix-Isaac somehow models himself after the Grim Reaper, becoming "Death" or somesuch, to make him more intimidating and viable as a main antagonist, because as much as I hope for it, I am pretty certain they will not bring Dracula back as the main villain.
"It's not that I don't love to run into the heart of danger... Actually, that's exactly it."
"Individualism is a path fraught with obstacles, and sometimes angry mobs, but for all its hardships it is the only one worth taking."

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2020, 09:00:47 PM »
Death

Actually, I suspect that in the Netflix adaptation, Isaac IS Death... just not quite fully so yet.  He essentially fills the role of the right-hand man with ties to undeath, his personality in the show is MUCH closer to Death than to Isaac, and he even looks a bit more like Zead than Isaac.

Show Isaac is almost certainly a fusion of Isaac conceptually (human on Dracula's side with a beef against Hector) and Death in execution (behavior, probably abilities in the future, his relationship with Dracula, his actions, if the eyes indicate who forged what creatures then Isaac forged Slogra and Gaibon, etc).  I don't expect that to change; Isaac may become some sort of lich creature or something in the future to reflect this... I would not be surprised AT ALL if this happens.  It would also explain the completely different personalities between game and show Isaac; the writer probably wanted to incorporate Death, but thought that having the grim reaper working for Dracula was silly, so he looked for another character in canon that he could paste Death onto and landed on Isaac.

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2020, 03:35:44 PM »
interesting thought.  reminds me of zobek, who seems to be a death-shaft mashup (and is just as unsatisfying unfortunately)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 03:38:43 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
Offline Scarlet starlet

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2020, 02:08:24 AM »
lol
Idk how to feel about this. I just hope they don't ruin any more characters from the series so as long as they strafe away from the games by making entirely new characters things should be ok

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2020, 11:43:24 AM »
CoD was already a bit of a cock-up; having been shoehorned into the series and being an unnecessary addition to CV3. If the director chooses to do something a bit different with season 3 then I say let's let him. Who knows, it might work out better.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline DraculaCronqvist

• Demon King
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2020, 05:05:58 PM »
I wouldn't mind the addition of new, original characters. I liked Isaacs interpretation (even though I liked the original better) and I liked Godbrand as well. I wish the other members of Dracula's court would've been given slightly bigger roles, so maybe we'll get something like that with the addition of the new characters.

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2020, 09:42:55 PM »
I’ll be a little disappointed if one of these ladies isn’t Laura or she otherwise doesn’t appear.  i’d have to guess it would be the left most one if any just cause she looks the most “innocent”.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2020, 09:10:02 PM »
I wouldn't mind the addition of new, original characters. I liked Isaacs interpretation (even though I liked the original better) and I liked Godbrand as well. I wish the other members of Dracula's court would've been given slightly bigger roles, so maybe we'll get something like that with the addition of the new characters.

I'm hoping if they're going to try to do their own thing with this season that they develop the cast of new characters. One of the weaker things about season 2 was that the cast of vampires just seemed to be ethnically diverse, and at least two of those characters never talked. I think you had to Google to even figure out what their names are.

Tags:

anything