Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1821111 times)

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania 3DS confirmed- Castlevania: Mirror of Faith(fate?)
« Reply #105 on: May 21, 2012, 11:16:58 AM »
+5
I don't think he lied too much, I think it's just iGA fans being butthurt that we aren't getting over the top anime plots anymore lol

Or, could it be general fans of the series since far, far before IGA that just can't stand someone not doing justice to the series as a whole, and not any particular era of the games. IGA did it too in areas.

And I'd like someone to describe to me, exactly, what an "Over-the-Top Anime Plotline" is. That seems to be a pretty damn big generalization.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #106 on: May 21, 2012, 11:17:14 AM »
I didn't see much of Super Castlevania IV in Lords of Shadow besides the whip swinging and gloomy/dreary environments. He boasted that IV was his bible for LoS's development.

a lot of the locations in that game were in this game just in 3d and re-imagined. It's far closer to IV than anything IGA has been producing. My problem is less with people having a problem with LOS and more with people giving IGA a pass for his less than stellar, lazy...lazy...games with horrible level design and recycling ..of everything.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #107 on: May 21, 2012, 11:17:34 AM »
+6
Cox, and others at MS in charge of PR and marketing, deliberately deceived the old fan base with misinformation ranging from inferring tings that were not technically true, tricking the old fans with imagery and sound to lead them intentionally to false conclusion, and at the worst outright lies.

Why? Because they realized if the fan base knew the truth of the project's true form they would have lost the support of the fans before tricking anyo9ne into buying it.

It has nothing to do with IGA. Most things don't anyway, but all the uninformed, misguided, popular-wanna-be kids seem to latch on to that to sound cool.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: May 21, 2012, 11:19:11 AM »
Or, could it be general fans of the series since far, far before IGA that just can't stand someone not doing justice to the series as a whole, and not any particular era of the games. IGA did it too in areas.

And I'd like someone to describe to me, exactly, what an "Over-the-Top Anime Plotline" is. That seems to be a pretty damn big generalization.

Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow - Intro - Gameplay - the dialog reads like some kind of poorly written anime.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #109 on: May 21, 2012, 11:20:39 AM »
At the very least, we know the truth about everything regarding Lords of Shadow now so Cox and Mercurysteam can't possibly lie anymore right?

Right?

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #110 on: May 21, 2012, 11:21:05 AM »
+1
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow - Intro - Gameplay - the dialog reads like some kind of poorly written anime.
That art style is ridiculously generic. Why didn't they use Kojima's art?

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: May 21, 2012, 11:22:32 AM »
+2
better than it was? It was a length adventure, it was pretty robust, had great graphics, nice voice acting, and was critically accepted compared to the other 3d castlevanias that came out.

I don't think he lied too much, I think it's just iGA fans being butthurt that we aren't getting over the top anime plots anymore lol
Seriously, STFU.
"This game will be heavily inspired by Castlevania IV".
"No QTEs guys, I hate them".

Just two examples.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: May 21, 2012, 11:23:13 AM »
+4
the dialog reads like some kind of poorly written anime.

Yes, and Zobek's grandiose dialog and descriptions of Gabriel's "pain and torment and overwhelming rage" (that rarely got shown, FYI) weren't over-the-top at all.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #113 on: May 21, 2012, 11:24:56 AM »
+2
Again, it gets a bad rep for silly reasons imo.. It's the first Castlevania in 3d that actually has damn good level design. No copy and paste cop outs, and it went back to the more gritty mythical beefy nature of the originals and less of the romantic pretty boy vibe of the newer ones.  IMO of course...

Foffy-Eh, it was far more interestin' than a crimson stone plotline.......imo.....

I donno, dude. I thought someone got one of their children to get the twist that Belmont = Dracula. It's so childish of a plot idea, and seems like something fitting for fan fiction. But perhaps it's because two of the writers do comic books, and maybe awful plots is a norm there.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: May 21, 2012, 11:26:01 AM »
The art style and the dialog in the game was atrocious and anime like...

My point is people are fine with IGA's bastardization of the series ( minus Aria which i did like and was well done) but people go ape shiznit over lords of shadow which at the very least keeps the tone very similar to the old games. Has locations that are outside the castle like the old games, has a main protagonist with a whip like the old games, has a damsel in distress type story like the old games.

Yet people go crazy saying how they were misled! it's really NOT as different as everyone flips out at it.... Lets look at IGA's storylines with cars in the backgrounds, anime art style, horrible dialog, copy and paste backgrounds....stuff that people are seemingly much more okay with...Why?...

Get the guy that created symphony of the night back in control of things he had the perfect vision, IGA taking over symphony of the night hardly counts in my eyes.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: May 21, 2012, 11:26:50 AM »
I donno, dude. I thought someone got one of their children to get the twist that Belmont = Dracula. It's so childish of a plot idea, and seems like something fitting for fan fiction. But perhaps it's because two of the writers do comic books, and maybe awful plots is a norm there.

Again it's far more interestin' at the very least than a crimson..stone....which sounds much more comic booky to me.

and yeah, it does sound fan fiction'ish ...but it's a take that I could have seen happening. It's something that makes the belmont clan a bit more interesting. Plus it's always great to see a persons fall from grace in a game and they did it very well....
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 11:28:29 AM by CastleDan »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #116 on: May 21, 2012, 11:26:57 AM »
Well, Gabriel wasn't really a "Belmont," he gave himself that name. We don't know what his real name is, but we know he's supposedly a bastard child from the Cronqvist family.

I feel like any "Belmonts" won't be Belmonts by birth right, but it will be used as a surname for anyone who reaches a certain standard in the Order.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Castlevania 3DS confirmed(?) Castlevania: Mirror of Faith
« Reply #117 on: May 21, 2012, 11:27:25 AM »
From the top of my head, I remember Crayon Shin-chan (Japan Only), Cave Story 3D(has a 2D pixel mode in, but whatever). Adventure Time 3DS will be pixel art by Wayforward too. I'm sure there's more, I can't remember everyone.

I see 3D model effects in Crayon Shin-chan screen shots, despite being a severely cheap licensed title. Adventure Time was announced just recently with NO screen shots to be found, and is a DS multiplatform title as well. I hardly think that counts. Cave Story is a 3d remake with a retro mode tacked on. You are really grasping for straws here.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: May 21, 2012, 11:28:18 AM »
+5
CastleDan, you're coming off as an obnoxious little kid "nyah nyah cox games are better than your dumb iga games nyah nyah"

Seriously. It's fucking annoying.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #119 on: May 21, 2012, 11:28:34 AM »
+5
Yes, and Zobek's grandiose dialog and descriptions of Gabriel's "pain and torment and overwhelming rage" (that rarely got shown, FYI) weren't over-the-top at all.
It really is two different sides of the same coin. One side's East, the other, West. The coin is called EXAGGERATION!

Tags: .....? 

anything