Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Netflix Castlevania Animation: Cast Revealed  (Read 193939 times)

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: Netflix Castlevania Animation: Cast Revealed
« Reply #675 on: October 30, 2018, 05:58:30 PM »
They do have enemies and other baddies in Castlevania that can somehow cast Holy Powers.
-Possessed Richter (confused human)
-Sniper of Goth (holy creature)
-White Fomor (Demon that mocks god by doing holy chants)
-Holy Armor (infused armor)
-White Armor (infused armor)
-Fallen Angel (flying Succubus that uses Holy Rings)
-Valkyrie and Erinys (flying spirit warriors)
...and more!

It would not be uncommon for an undead priest to be able to cast holy, because of two reasons:
-It's a creature created from Forgemastery (they have holy-elemental innocent devils in CoD)
-Just like Richter Belmont can be confused or coerced, whatever mind is left on this character is made to think they are still doing their Holy tasks.

Lastly, you can see that even though it is chanting and blessing the water, the water is clearly damaging its body, so basically the blessing will eventually overwhelm and exhaust the body, which does happen.

So I don't really see that much of a problem with the bishop and the blessing, nearly as much as I have a PROBLEM WITH MISSING GRANT AND OP ALUCARD!
Having said that, I enjoyed this series for what it is.

I had this one responded but I thought it wasn't needed to add. Well then here it is:

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 06:35:02 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #676 on: October 30, 2018, 06:09:55 PM »

In the series, it's hard not to want the bishop and his church goons to suffer horribly. They held all the power, and thus they dictated what was evil and an acceptable target for their righteousness. It'd be hard to argue the villagers and townsfolk even had a choice in the matter, as even the Mayor was cowed into silence by the bishop when he hinted at the potential medical science had and that Lisa might not be as witchy as claimed. And the archbishop straight up taunted Dracula on the anniversary of Lisa's death. So you're left thinking Dracula was a lot more justified in his rampage of Wallachia, rather than it being morally ambiguous at best in the games.

This. They didn't really show many redeeming qualities in humans in general, which made me think, "well, Drac has a point..." when talking about wiping out humanity. Which definitely felt disappointing.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #677 on: October 30, 2018, 06:43:48 PM »
I had this one responded but I thought it wasn't needed to add. Well then here it is:

(click to show/hide)

Yeah, I suppose you're right.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #678 on: October 31, 2018, 05:22:10 AM »
Bishop
Agreed.  I thought that was unfortunate as well.  They should have just had Carmilla capture a live priest and torture him into submission and then kill him after he blessed the river or something like that.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #679 on: October 31, 2018, 07:32:46 AM »
I thouroughly enjoyed the series, but yeah, little inconsistancies can be an irritant.  One little one that bugged me that was within one scene was when Alucard explained there would still be animals around, just no humans.  But then said how Dracula had a plan to cover the world in endless night, as if that wouldn’t interrupt the food chain haha.  Well, I’m sure there’s a way to make sense of that.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #680 on: October 31, 2018, 12:49:57 PM »
The spoiler stuff above is not a little inconsistency, that's a plot hole.

Alucard's comments on Dracula's plan aren't inconsistent.
The eternal darkness would mess with diurnal animals, but they would adapt or die out which is perfectly natural and isn't Dracula's intent either way.

One of the things that bothered me about the first season was the technology angle.
Having more of that in the second season made it worse.
It is the equivalent of midichlorians in Star Wars.
Sucks the mysticism right out.
"Stuff and things."

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #681 on: October 31, 2018, 01:04:03 PM »
One of the things that bothered me about the first season was the technology angle.
Having more of that in the second season made it worse.
It is the equivalent of midichlorians in Star Wars.
Sucks the mysticism right out.

What do you mean technology angle? And what mysticism got lost?
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #682 on: October 31, 2018, 01:40:37 PM »
Season 3 confirmed with 10 episodes

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #683 on: October 31, 2018, 03:51:09 PM »
hoho, moving up in the episode count!

i’m assuming it will take place within the current gang’s lifespan, but who knows, there could be a generation gap.

i’m kind of wondering how dracula gets new forces once his forgemasters are gone (in the game and animation).  does he get new forgemasters or maybe his partnership with Death and other necromancers makes devil forgery unnecessary?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #684 on: October 31, 2018, 06:58:35 PM »
If the second season finished with Dracula's defeat then by all reasoning the third season will most likely be a lose adaption of CoD.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #685 on: November 01, 2018, 04:14:49 AM »
+1
So I've been tossing some ideas around inside my head about how the show could have been better, and this was the outline of what I came up with, for those who might be interested:

(click to show/hide)

Anyway, just some thoughts...
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 04:22:09 AM by Gaawa-chan »

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #686 on: November 01, 2018, 11:46:38 AM »
Looks like Adi Shankar might work on a Legend of Zelda animation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/filmschoolrejects.com/the-legend-of-zelda-tv-series-coming-from-castlevania-producer/amp/

I wonder how this might effect future season releases of Castlevania.  I’d of course love if they kept pumping out new seasons for a decade.  But I guess I wouldn’t mind if we got a Legend of Zelda season 1 instead of a Castlevania Season 4.  Finish up Trevor era CV with season 3, take a break with Zelda instead for a few years, then come back with the next generation of Belmonts.  Sounds nice.

Edit:  After reading the original article, it might be a bit presumptuous to assume Legend of Zelda is the game they’re working on doing, though it would fit.

New topic:  Had fun reading this discussion on season 2:  https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/this-week-in-anime/2018-11-01/.138921
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 12:27:32 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Aiddon

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #687 on: November 01, 2018, 01:34:38 PM »
So, non-spoiler thoughts: still pretty freaking awesome. Season 1 was just an intro as this is where things really kick off and manages to make something really compelling. This should not be as good as it is; with the history of game adaptations this should have been boring at best and a disaster at worst. Instead, Ellis, Shankar, and Deats made something spectacular and unique. It'll be interesting to see where Season 3 goes. Anyway, now to spoilers

(click to show/hide)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #688 on: November 02, 2018, 12:35:23 AM »
+1
you guys have mostly talked this to death but ill give a few words for now.

(click to show/hide)

thats all for the moment.

Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #689 on: November 02, 2018, 01:51:17 AM »
I viewed this season with the mindset that this animation is an alternative universe and in the point of view of someone who just heard of Castlevania (unburdened by the canon lore that we know). Well, with those frame of mind, I'd say, this season is good.
I love Alucard as the show stopper (but really, it should have been Trevor). Sypha is great. :)
I watched this with Japanese audio and English subs, because JP VAs. I still laugh with the reality that Ryotaro Okiayu is Trevor. Shinichiro Miki as usual is awesome. :)

But viewing it with the canon lore in mind, yes, I'm happy with the Easter eggs, but there's more left to be desired.
Then again, I'm reminded that this is an adaptation and not the canon lore, so yeah, a good season with a cliffhanger ending for COD season 3. I wonder if they'll make a season for Rondo and another for SOTN? I really want a SOTN season.

Tags: