Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Least favorite (canon) Belmont?  (Read 40757 times)

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2012, 04:05:18 PM »
Man, it's been awhile!

Anyway, I'd have to agree with the general sentiment here with that there are no hated Belmonts (canon or otherwise!).

Going with least favorite...probably Soleiyu. Attacking your own father like that? For shame!

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2012, 05:47:33 PM »
Gabriel, I dont dislike him (I think), but its my least favorite.

edit: typo.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 06:15:21 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Dominus

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2012, 06:55:43 PM »
+1
Isn't that non-canon?  We might as well count Trevor Mode in Curse of Darkness, then.

AoS Julius mode is not canon. But he still went through the Castle by himself in Soma story

Offline Beaumont_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Haunted Pixels
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2012, 11:06:42 PM »
+1
I'm not a Richter fan, but he's pretty awesome compared to Juste. Juste was not only the zenith of how far you could take the bishonen element (Juste is prettier than most females in the series), but I hate so much about him. In particular, I hate his running animation, I hate his Mickey Mouse gloves, and I hate his clown shoes.

Of course, none of this is helped by the fact that Harmony of Dissonance is probably my least favorite game in the main series.
He's back! The man behind the mask!

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2012, 12:57:01 AM »
+1
If Gabriel counts then he's by and large my least favorite, because I don't care for him as a character, a visual design, and I can't personally respect what he and his game represent.

Aside from him? Hmm. That's really tough to say. Interestingly, I never got too into Leon Belmont. I think every other character in Lament of Innocence, save for Sara, is a more interesting character, even Medusa and the Succubus. And I'm not all that into his design or voice acting, either. I don't dislike Leon, per se, but if I had to choose, then he probably does the least for me. Soleiyu even captivates me more than Leon, interestingly.

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2012, 06:14:08 PM »
Going with least favorite...probably Soleiyu. Attacking your own father like that? For shame!

Jeje, good point :). I think I will pick Soleiyu, for the unique reason is the only one (I think) that don´t have his own game.
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline SiFi270

• The Red Cyclone
  • Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2209069/SiFi270
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2012, 02:05:31 PM »
I always thought Julius was pretty overrated. I mean, it'd be impressive if he beat Dracula forever and made it so that he was never able to come back, but he didn't, because Soma. And it's also lame how he can be slidekicked into submission, and how he screams like a little girl when inside a painting in Harmony of Despair.
Pfft. Like anything's ever going here

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2012, 02:56:18 AM »
I'd say Christopher. Because nobody really cares about him and MoF did a good job closing the relationship as Trevor being Simon's father because if they brought in christopher, everyone would be like, "meh". Non-Canon wise...

This... What the hell IGA. Don't disrespect Castlevania like that!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2012, 12:21:00 PM »
Heh heh, almost forgot about her till you reminded me. *Shake's head* IGA, IGA, IGA, what the hell man..!?
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2012, 06:42:30 AM »
Considering the game that she is from you really should cut IGA some slack with this one. Jeesh!

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2012, 04:17:03 PM »
+2
how dare he disrespect the series with a dlc character in an obscure game. oh the humanity.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2013, 06:20:13 PM »
If I had to choose one, I'd say Gabriel Belmont, but since I believe he is not canon, that wouldn't count.
But esentially I like all Belmonts, canon and non-canon.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline justin312

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2013, 01:06:22 AM »
Juste Belmont, for reasons some mentioned. His look mimicked Alucard's from Symphony and took the white-haired white-skinned bishonen thing to the next level. Thought this was fine for Alucard in Symphony because he's not human, but on a Belmont it just felt out of place to me. Also not sure why Juste feels the need to dress up in his Sunday best to hunt vampires.  To me the perfect look for a Belmont will always be the guy on the original Castlevania box art, and Juste was about as far from that as you could get.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2013, 05:33:00 AM »
how dare he disrespect the series with a dlc character in an obscure game. oh the humanity.

I think Konami forced him to do it.  ;D

Hmmm.... For the IGA timeline, I don't think I have a Belmont that is my least favorite.
For the LOS timeline, maybe Gabe. But I don't hate him.
I just always see OUAT's Rumplestilskin in him... Oh Robert Carlyle, what have you done? Everything's Rumples....

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2013, 11:28:19 PM »
+3
Aw, poor Juste.  Everybody dissing him just because of his design. You know, Simon Belmont has had some truly... questionable designs, and he has even less personality to judge him by. Having just recently played through Dissonance again, I found Juste to be a rather likeable fellow.  I think part of the reason I like him is because of the furniture collecting.  It's hilarious that he seems to almost absentmindedly collect and set up all this furniture while is two best friends are in imminent peril.  Dude's probably got a few screws loose up there.  I'll agree that his sprite is... not great. XD

Tags: