Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Symphony of the Night voice mod Japanese reDub test for PSP Dracula  (Read 1865 times)

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
me cloning voices for the Japanese script with changes just texting it out, after finding out I could edit AT3 files for the music and voice files on the game.
not the greatest thing in the world but it is the Japanese text modified a little bit.

https://youtu.be/eEo1cr51ET0

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Not bad. The original voice acting which was a bit cheesy in the game's first release has now made the game that much more cheesy  ;D
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
yeah, The original voice acting maybe cheesy but it's the best. I'm just messing around with what things I can do. I think changing the music would probably be the hardest thing, because I have to learn how to do custom loops. but it's all pretty simple. so maybe do more. of course I'm going to switch out the PSP VA for the original VA for my own enjoyment, but having more options isn't bad nether  ;D

Offline whipsmemory

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Thanks I kinda speed up some of the line so they would fit lol so kinda takes away from it. I have 5 games worth of audio for DXC Dracula, so after many fails I get ok Dracula cloning. but Death I don't have that much audio, so probably can't replace any of his lines. kinda sad really. because in the Japanese Death really shows a lot of respect towards Alucard. we don't really see this in the psx or psp dubs. he literally asks Alucard to reconsider his decision to attack them, and he will give him time to think it over. and even in the last fight with him, you can see how much he hates to fight Alucard but will take his soul for his master. here is a fan Translation I copied.

Death: Oh, if it isn't Lord Alucard...
What could possibly have brought you here?
Alucard: That, you already know...
Now stand aside.
Death: I presume you are still befiending humans, yes?
I dare not ask you to rejoin us...
But do not raise your arms against us, at the very least.
Alucard: I cannot meet that request.
Death: Then I am left with no choice..
I shall withdraw from here.
Just use this opportunity to reconsider things...

then much later

Death: So, you have finally come this far...
I say this only once more. For your father's sake, lower your weapons.
Alucard: Ever since I arrived, I've had no such plans.
Death: I am truly sorry to hear that.
For the sake of my master, I will clam your soul!

I love to hear this in English. oh well maybe one day.

anyway glad you enjoyed it, when I get time I plan to do more. maybe offer a download for the voice files. and let people rebuild the ISO themselves.  with UMDGen you just need to copy the full ISO folders to your hard drive then close UMDGen. then replace the AT3 voice files in the right folder. and open UMDGen and under the file tab build ISO. and you have patched the game basically.

and the cool thing about that is, it's all new files so no copy righted files so no one can delete it  ;D
it would be so easy you could do it in a few minutes and a monkey could follow the steps. ;)
so keep a look out from time to time. of course cloning and converting will take time, and if I replace the music I will have to learn to make custom loops. anyway take care.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I guess AI's are still a bit away in terms of duplicating voices with minimal recordings to work with. I wish you luck in finding someone with decent enough skills to voice-act.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I guess AI's are still a bit away in terms of duplicating voices with minimal recordings to work with. I wish you luck in finding someone with decent enough skills to voice-act.

well it maybe possible to get it done in other ways, but I have an old PC, and don't have a powerful GPU. that the other programs use to clone with. I use a service called Eleven Labs, but people claim to be pros at fiverr, I've hired voice actors on there before. but might try an engineer that deals with AI. and see if they can do something with them voices. but can't afford it right now. but if they can train the AI to sound like Dracula and Death, I might pay for his service one day.

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
found out that I don't have to match the seconds, last video was speed up to match the PSP voices. this one is a better talk with Dracula.

https://youtu.be/i5NgZ9JiuZ8

Tags:

anything