Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "You're late, Juste"  (Read 5274 times)

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« on: December 03, 2009, 08:17:00 PM »
How would your general opinion of Harmony of Dissonance be different if it had included an ending that went something like this, and why do you feel this way?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 08:19:44 PM by Super Waffle »

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 08:45:13 PM »

I've actually thought about it a few times. Not Lydie and not just in Castlevania, but damsels in distress in general... They're NEVER turn out to be the final boss, do they? It would be rather fantastic to rescue the princess/girlfriend/whatever, only to find she's already become a vampire. Or that she possibly was evil all along and just wanted to lure you away so that she could kill you off.  ;D

I already love HoD, but this would've made it even better. Albeit VERY unconventional (as if HoD isn't odd as it is...). I suppose most heterosexual men wouldn't want it to end with a huge bossfight against the lady you've so desperately been trying to rescue all those hours... Then again, I'm not them. At all.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 08:51:31 PM »
That only happens in The DraculaX Chronicles, and only if you fail to save the others, which really isn't time-related.
I believe it also happens in Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness if you take too long to get to Dracula from the time Death takes Ada away... but I never risked to try.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 08:51:31 PM »
I suppose most heterosexual men

Juste would have no problems with this.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: "You're late, Juste"
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 10:45:51 AM »
I've actually thought about it a few times. Not Lydie and not just in Castlevania, but damsels in distress in general... They're NEVER turn out to be the final boss, do they? It would be rather fantastic to rescue the princess/girlfriend/whatever, only to find she's already become a vampire. Or that she possibly was evil all along and just wanted to lure you away so that she could kill you off.
I thought like this several times too.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 12:16:26 PM »
I've actually thought about it a few times. Not Lydie and not just in Castlevania, but damsels in distress in general... They're NEVER turn out to be the final boss, do they?

See:

Silent Hill 2

OMG TEH SPOILER

The final boss is your wife.
Or, at least, a demon who took the form of your wife.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 10:29:11 AM »
This is also relevant:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/tenshousouhazan/74969731.jpg

Just, you know, applied to SotN.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 11:50:31 AM by Super Waffle »

Offline e1shw

• Old School CV Player
  • Is it wrong to live and breath CV?
    • e1shw's GameSpot Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 08:53:25 PM »
They kind of did this with PoR.

***SPOILER***

Eric Lecardes daughters are under the command of Brauner (spelling?) until you fight them. Then, if I remember right there is a way to either save them or kill them.

***SPOILER***

I wouldn't mind seeing this more in future CV's though.

All hail Belmont! They may not endure the battles before them, but their legend will live on forever.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 07:54:35 AM »
They kind of did this with PoR.

***SPOILER***

Eric Lecardes daughters are under the command of Brauner (spelling?) until you fight them. Then, if I remember right there is a way to either save them or kill them.

***SPOILER***

I wouldn't mind seeing this more in future CV's though.
Neither would I
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Raphael Belmont

• Completely New
  • Vampire Hunter
  • whatever!
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 09:46:38 AM »
Juste would have no problems with this.

seconded!!! *shakes fistat death*

Drac's army of zombie-trannie-weirdos

:-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2009, 11:12:18 PM »
I think so too. But you'd have to give the formula a little break in between games just so it never gets old. *Cough*-Castletroid-*Cough*

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: