Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Suggestion: Limit the amount of contests running at any given time.  (Read 3564 times)

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
While I love the idea of contests I feel like there is too large a number of them running simultaniously.
I believe that if we number the amount of contests running at the same time to 3 (or some other number) it will enable people to commit more time to said contests.

Benefits:

- Less contests might mean more entrants ( I noticed the number per contest was lowering lately)
- Contests of the same type being less often gives room for better themes to be worked out, making them more interesting and wearing down some themes less. (there are only so many themes you can run)

Just an idea to brainstorm on.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Suggestion: Limit the amount of contests running at any given time.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 09:33:08 AM »
It's a good thing to think about, especially since it might mean less work for us mods in judging and stuff. I'll talk to my colleagues about it.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 01:26:38 AM »
I'm fine with just the original sprite and music contests but darkmanx wants a lot of them to happen. Maybe ask him?

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 05:28:06 PM »
Well, it's not only just me..lol

I think Don has a good point. I mean we have had a severe shortage of judges lately so maybe we can switch the contests type every month or whatever.

Like for this month, we run this 3 and next month we run 3 different ones (or 2 or 1 etc.)

This would free up more people to participate and maybe get more judges on the action?

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 02:40:59 AM »
We have a big problem with the May Sprite contest (extended til end of June).
There's only one participant and by default he's gonna win. Unless some people step up to do some weapon sprites?
It doesn't have to be animated.

Tags:

anything