Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Bubblegum Crisis Blu-ray Kickstarter  (Read 2473 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« on: November 08, 2013, 01:15:17 AM »
I know there are a few other animu dweebz here, so I'll spread the word.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/madoverlord/bubblegum-crisis-ultimate-edition-blu-ray-set

For $50, you can have the entire original OVA series in HD with English subs, dub, all that crap. There's even a possibility of A.D. Police Files being included, but Robert Woodhead at AnimEigo refuses to do stretch goals for some reason or other, so who knows how much money would be needed for that to happen. There's also talk of recording a new dub, but again, no idea how much money is necessary.

Supposing Woodhead doesn't muck up the beautiful Japanese masters by scrubbing the grain, this should be pretty frickin' awesome—and for the immediate future this is the only planned way to get the Blu-ray set, by pledging $50 or more to the Kickstarter.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqzYsdLXA9s
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 01:17:52 AM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 09:48:02 AM »
Ah! Thought there was on original series. I saw the newer Bubblegum crisis a couple of years ago. In one of the episodes the leader was telling the others that there was a former team prior to them so this must be it. And it's more of that classic anime style! *thumb's up*
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 11:54:30 AM »
I assume you mean the TV series Tokyo 2040? That was a reboot so the main characters are the same as in the original and Bubblegum Crash.

The original is where it's at. Great designs, animation, music. It also feels incomplete since it had budgetary troubles preventing them from working out the plot over more episodes (same thing happened to Crash). It's one thing I really, really like about the TV series, because it's much more cohesive. More story in it but way less stylish awesomeness.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 05:51:34 PM »
I assume you mean the TV series Tokyo 2040?

I think that's the one.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline kadosho

• Hunter in Training
    • D-toid -Gaming for Robots
    • Awards
Re: Bubblegum Crisis Blu-ray Kickstarter
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 11:08:00 AM »
Such a shame ADVFilms went the way of the dodo. They were planning to re-release various titles on other formats before they went belly up. I hope this new team can deliver even more content, with the original and possibly Tokyo 2040

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 11:13:41 AM »
On the one hand they took the Slayers films with them, on the other Farscape was finally able to be released at a reasonable price. I'd say it's a net gain.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 12:32:39 PM »
A few companies have sprung up from ADV's ashes. They do a decent enough job of things, but some insist on using HUGE YELLOW SUBTITLES on their Blu-rays that are bigger than VHS subs.

AnimEigo has always owned BGC, by the way. They were the first distributor of subtitled anime in the US.

The best anime label around right now, IMO, is Discotek. They've been on a roll obtaining licenses and doing great video work (even if most of it's DVD-only so far). Even when all they can find is an old analog master tape (like with Golden Boy), they nevertheless clean it up as nice as possible and do proper color correcting. Awesome small label.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags: