Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: If anyone spots Forum Errors, please post here  (Read 110342 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
If anyone spots Forum Errors, please post here
« on: December 11, 2009, 10:00:32 PM »
If anyone has tried any features this new forum has, and has had an error occur, please post how you arrived at said error.
I'm looking more at the Forum Error Log (ha ha!  Admin stuff) and I spot some E-mail problems, or something to that effect, but it's difficult to tell exactly what's going on that causes the error.

So yeah, for the benefit of the Forum, if you spot a forum error somewhere (or some kind of feature that's not working correctly), please post it here.

Thanks in advance.  :D
-Jorge
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
Re: If anyone spots Forum Errors, please post here
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 08:34:52 PM »
I'm not sure if this is an error, but why does my avatar get reduced to a microscopic size even when I'm trying to use one from my own webspace?  Are the bigger avatars a mod-only thing or something?

just curious is all.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 07:27:44 AM »
I've been trying to figure that out, myself.
Some people seem to get over the avatar size limit, but I'm not sure how they do it.  And it's not microscopic.  It's actually pretty reasonable.
It might be the file format, perhaps?  I must admit, I'm not sure how they're circumventing it, and whether it's even on purpose.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 12:37:02 AM »
E-mail problems

Would this pertain to choosing to hide one's email address from the public but it being shown anyway? If not, then chock that one up to ye pyle ov problemes. :o
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 01:09:23 PM »
I think I have that disabled.  Let me go take a look at the options, maybe I can enable it and then it won't show.
You're talking about when you post a topic or a reply, at the bottom near your avatar there's an "E-mail" link with a letter icon.... and you want it disabled?

EDIT:
I took a look at the settings, and everyone is able to hide their E-mail from public under their Account Information on their profile.  They are able to hide it from everyone except for Administrators like myself and Kurt.... which is why I cannot check if it's working or not since I'm always logged in as Admin, and you can always see your own E-mail as well.

I suppose you could remove it from your Account Info, right?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 01:14:21 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 02:45:55 PM »
I have the "hide from public" box checked. I wonder if I'm seeing my email address (both in the email icon in all of my posts and in my profile) since I'm logged in as me, but nobody else but admins can see it.

Guess I'd just have to hear from somebody else whether they see it or not, heh.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 03:22:45 PM »
Yeah I've got the forum settings such that users can choose to hide their E-mail from public.
I also checked your profile and you have it hidden.

We need a third party (just a regular user) to check if it's there.

UPDATE:
Ok I logged out and went to check, and the little buttons go away if I log out.
So if I'm a guest I definitely cannot see your E-mail.

I would imagine it works the same for regular users.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 03:24:21 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 03:36:37 PM »
Guests seem a lot more limited, though. They can't view profiles at all without logging in, for example.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 11:28:56 AM »
Yeah I've severely nerfed Guest Profiles.
It's an effort to give the least amount of power to spambots and other sillyness the Internet has put out there.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 10:15:03 AM »
Has anyone had any issues as of late?
I've installed quite a few things behind the scenes, as people have noticed.  Is there an opinion on these?  Are they causing actual site problems for any of the forum-members?  Please let me know in this thread.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2010, 10:25:29 AM »
The image tag doesn't werk, & when I look at posts a bunch of clear boxes with X's appear where their "internet info" is supposed to be :/

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2010, 01:50:58 PM »

test

You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2010, 01:51:43 PM »
It's working for me.  {img}{/img} works (with the other brackets)
Let me edit the post and use the button.
EDIT:
The button on the reply works as well.  I guess the problem is on your end, regarding the image tag.

What's "Internet Info"?
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2010, 10:13:59 AM »
I'm still getting that "you are not allowed to post links" error message, even on diff. computers...

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2010, 10:26:52 AM »
Oh that!  I know what that is.
Tell me which forum(s) you're encountering that on.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Tags:

anything