Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: ad hoc (sp?)  (Read 2807 times)

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
ad hoc (sp?)
« on: December 15, 2007, 07:14:45 AM »
Is that the psp's wireless or wi-fi? People keep saying you can play multiplayer games using it but they never say if it is local or online.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 09:13:48 AM »
ad hoc means "For this purpose".
For wireless gaming, it means that there isn't a router distributing this information, and that it gets sent back and forth between devices.

This for PSP translates to "Local Wireless play" since the PSP and any PSPs in the vicinity are talking to one another without a router serving as the medium of communication.

This is opposite of "Infrastructure", which is online play using a server as the method of communication between devices and the server would manage the connections, etc.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: ad hoc (sp?)
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 09:21:46 AM »
Thanks for the info. Everywhere I looked for info on the psp they just spoke about this like it was something everyone already knew yet this is the only system I have ever seen the term used with.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Tags:

anything