Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The thing about cyber bullying  (Read 4219 times)

Offline Belmont legacy

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: July 14, 2018, 10:25:23 AM »
Hello one and all. I don't know if any of you all on here (I would honestly hope you haven't but I'm sure some of you have, unfortunately) have ever dealt with cyber bullying or not but I would just like to share a story with you all on it from a very recent (yesterday and today) occurrence that happened to me. While out and about catching Pokemon on Pokemon GO, I caught a Meowth that I had thought was a shiny, however it wasn't and I mistakenly posted it to Facebook, claiming so and was bombarded by 2 people I went to highschool with. They had even went as far as taking some of my pics and making them into memes. Now I personally thought this was hilarious, and seeing as I am almost 26,zengetsu I brushed it off and blocked them and was totally fine until the next day when 2 other people they worked with messaged me asking if I like "shiny" meowths. After replying that I loved shiny meowths then blocking them, I'm actually still pretty pissed that they are going around spreading this around, especially since we all work under the same company, just a different store. Now I have had run ins with trolls, internet bullies, keyboard warriors, etc multiple times. The only thing that has me anxious is the life of my YouTube channel, Cosmic Kaiju, where I do let's plays. The most they can do is tell people not to watch my videos or say "yeah that's the idiot that blah blah blah" but I am still looking for suggestions or advice that could not only calm me down, but also to put my mind at rest knowing that my channel won't be put in jeopardy. Anyone been in a similar situation?  >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 10:29:53 AM by Belmont legacy »
By My Hands...The Belmont Clan Will Be Avenged...

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 05:42:49 PM »
I haven't been in the same situation, but a couple of observations:
- These people who have access to your facebook sound like arseholes. FB is more of a private thing these days, gone are the times everyone was adding everyone to see how many friends they could rack up.
- If you're worried about your youtube channel, well why? How much pull do these people have online? Block them on google plus and youtube and move on.
This is sounding like some primary school shit, no offense. I feel bad for this generation having to worry about cyber bullying.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 06:01:28 PM »
+1
This is sounding like some primary school shit, no offense. I feel bad for this generation having to worry about cyber bullying.

I'll have to second Zangs here. Bullying people over shiny Pokémon is ridiculously childish.

My advice to you is: Treat this as the childishness it is. Make memes about it, then make memes about the people bullying you about it.

I'll just say this though, based on the context you provided: You blocking them was not a nice move. Sent all kinds of wrong signals. If they considered it childish themselves, this can be like a drop of blood on the water for a shark. They might hammer on you just to see how more drastic you can get over a childish thing, and when you explode, claim YOU are the child for exploding over they'll claim to be just "silly jokes" after stalking you over and over.

This really is a case I would argue it's best to either ignore, or join on the silliness. The very nature of the situation can be misconstrued as "just this retard losing his mind over pokémon grow the fuck up" when it really is a case of people using something silly to really torment someone else.

About your youtube channel: If you're afraid of this costing you your channel, meme the Shiny Meowth before anyone else does. Make it into your joke before anyone tries to take it away from you.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 06:04:04 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 04:21:04 AM »
[...]meme the Shiny Meowth before anyone else does. Make it into your joke before anyone tries to take it away from you.

something something never forget what you are, the rest of the world will not; wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you something something?

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2018, 09:56:06 AM »
Sounds like these few people who're bothering you were spared the rod during their youths thus becoming spoiled later on. I've not been cyber-bullied since I do not participate in social media outlets, minus this one. If all these people work in the same company as you you can inform the head honcho about their sad, decrepit behaviour and see if that'll put them in their proper place. No employee wants to have that talk with their boss. We unfortunately live in a very immature society that has access to advanced forms of social media, and thus a complete lack of wisdom and common sense on their part leads to situations like cyber-bullying. These guys are adults and therefore should be behaving like adults. But if they'd prefer to act like a bunch of stupid kids by violating your rights under the law, then they deserve to be ass-whipped till the skin peels off. I can only wish you luck from where I am and hope that this garbage will get sorted out quickly before it gets bad.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Belmont legacy

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2018, 05:27:13 PM »
Thank you to everyone for your support on here. I wasn't trying to bring any kind of drama or anything to the forum if I came off like I was. I seriously appreciate all the advice you guys provided. It's given me some hope this will blow over. You all rule ????
By My Hands...The Belmont Clan Will Be Avenged...

Tags:

anything