Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Reccomend a movie noone's ever heard of..  (Read 37278 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
Re: Reccomend a movie noone's ever heard of..
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2008, 08:24:32 PM »
It's the '70s.

Niggerniggerniggerniggernigger.

:O
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2008, 02:07:34 AM »

One of the best "katana-slashing" action movies that I've seen. It's about a blind masseur who, in his journeys, arrives at a small Japanese town terrorized by a cruel gang.
The masseur turns out to be an amazing swordsman who literally slashes the gang to pieces. 
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline A vicar in a tutu

• As natural as rain, he dances again.
  • Master Hunter
  • Get your vile soul dry-cleaned
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2008, 02:49:05 AM »
In Reply To #47
The plot reminds me of the live action movie of Fist of The North Star, which has horrible.

The anime is way better.
Anyway, I don't know if the following movie is pretty popular or not:

It is one of the most interesting movies I have ever seen.
The end was satisfying.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2008, 11:44:55 AM »
Your image doesn't show up for me, but the image link does when I quoted your post. So yeah, The Shawshank Redemption is one of the most flawless movies ever made. That movie really is a piece of art.

Beat Takeshi's Zatoichi is pretty cool. Really like the cartoony CGI blood effects. It's a fun little movie. The DVD I bought of it came with another movie, Sonatine, one of his earlier films. One of these days I'll have to get around to watching it.

I'm sure everybody on the Internet is familiar with Versus. I just rewatched that last night. Bought the director's cut several years ago, and bought the Ultimate Edition DVD a few months back and finally got around to watching all of it. Aside from the opening sequence, I couldn't really tell what had been added (there's ten extra minutes of footage), but I liked all of what I was seeing. I still feel like the final swordfight at the end drags along and is kind of boring compared to the rest of the action (my brother feels the opposite), but it's still a cool movie.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2008, 01:56:14 PM »

You'll thank me later.

Offline A vicar in a tutu

• As natural as rain, he dances again.
  • Master Hunter
  • Get your vile soul dry-cleaned
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2008, 02:11:43 PM »
In Reply To #50
The Warriors! DAMN!
Definitely a cult classic!
It's a shame what happens to Ajax all because he's horny.

I knew I had forgotten to post another movie!

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2008, 03:50:41 PM »
I nabbed The Warriors at Wal-Mart a few months back when it was $5. Still haven't watched it yet.

I just made a haul over at DeepDiscount.com since their 20% off summer sale is going on. Dunno if any o' you have seen these movies, but I'm thrilled to get 'em. They're mostly trash films, ha ha.

Anita (ohhhh man, Christina Lindberg is bonerfied delicious)
Basket Case 2
The City of the Living Dead
Dario Argento Collection (includes the films Tenebrae, Phenomena, Trauma, The Card Player, and Do You Like Hitchcock?)
Demons
Django
Dust Devil: The Final Cut [5-Disc Collector's Edition]
The Films of Alejandro Jodorowsky (includes La Cravate, Frando y Lis, El Topo, and The Holy Mountain)
Heavenly Creatures
Maniac
Maniac Cop
Nightmare Detective
Repo Man
Slither
A Snake of June
Street Trash [Special Edition]
Visions of Hell: The Films of Jim van Bebber (includes Deadbeat at Dawn, The Manson Family, and all of his short films)

Only one of those I've seen is Slither, which I thought was awesome.

Nightmare Detective and A Snake of June are by Shinya Tsukamoto, who directed one of my absolute most favorite films, Tetsuo: The Iron Man.

The only cyberpunk movie that is IMO better than this is Blade Runner. Both are wildly different films, however. Basically, this is the first Evil Dead meets Eraserhead (David Lynch's first film, another favorite of mine, a very surrealistic horror film) meets the end of Akira when Tetsuo's body becomes both organic and metal.

It's a wiiildly imaginative film, and I really adore Tsukamoto for the work he put into it. He wrote it, he directed it, he did the cinematography and lighting, the editing, the special effects, and plays one of the lead characters. And the end result is AMAZING. This is seriously one of the most artistic movies I've ever had the pleasure of viewing. I watched it like five times within the first week after buying it.

I'm really looking forward to these two more recent movies he did. I also would really, REALLY love to see his film Tokyo Fist.

Trailer

Oh MAN that looks good. Too bad in the US it's only had a DVD release by Manga, and it's out of print.

I'd also be interested in seeing Tetsuo II: Body Hammer, though I hear it's nowhere near as grand as the first.

While on the subject, I should mention just how FREAKING INDUSTRIAL the original Tetsuo is. It's basically industrial music in visual form, and it's got a really nice industrial score to accompany it. Just check out the intro and see what I mean.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2008, 03:54:49 PM »
Wasn't that like a joint venture among Quentin Tarantino, Anchor Bay, and Grindhouse Releasing? For some reason I got this feeling that GR would be re-releasing the movie themselves.

I think they might be in the near future, yeah the only release it has right now is a $40 boxset that comes with all kinds of special features and is totally worth it though.

I nabbed The Warriors at Wal-Mart a few months back when it was $5. Still haven't watched it yet.

I just made a haul over at DeepDiscount.com since their 20% off summer sale is going on. Dunno if any o' you have seen these movies, but I'm thrilled to get 'em. They're mostly trash films, ha ha.

Anita (ohhhh man, Christina Lindberg is bonerfied delicious)
Basket Case 2
The City of the Living Dead
Dario Argento Collection (includes the films Tenebrae, Phenomena, Trauma, The Card Player, and Do You Like Hitchcock?)
Demons
Django
Dust Devil: The Final Cut [5-Disc Collector's Edition]
The Films of Alejandro Jodorowsky (includes La Cravate, Frando y Lis, El Topo, and The Holy Mountain)
Heavenly Creatures
Maniac
Maniac Cop
Nightmare Detective
Repo Man
Slither
A Snake of June
Street Trash [Special Edition]
Visions of Hell: The Films of Jim van Bebber (includes Deadbeat at Dawn, The Manson Family, and all of his short films)

those are some good films, yeah I just got the new dario argento collection from them too, they got some damn good deals right now. City of the living dead is a steal at it's price and totally worth  it. Classic Fulci.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 03:58:58 PM by The Last Belmont »
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2008, 04:00:45 PM »
I heard about his movie Conquest. I may buy it soon. Sword-fighting fantasy movie with topless women everywhere and lots of old school gore effects. ;D Can't go wrong there.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Danial

• you now possess Dracula's Wallet
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2008, 10:23:10 PM »
The Warriors is awesome, the game is pretty damn good too.

hmmm, I'm gonna have to look up that Conquest movie heh

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2008, 10:49:01 PM »
Just got done watching The Warriors. Really entertaining flick. Really wish I could see the original version, though. Wasn't much a fan of the comic book-esque scene transitions, nor am I a fan of adding new effects to old movies.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2008, 09:59:58 AM »
Any of you seen Nekromantik?

I may order it soon and rent the second from Netflix. ;)
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2008, 05:15:32 PM »
Nope, can't say that I have.

I'm sure many of you have heard of this, but probably haven't seen. If not, then go

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2008, 11:38:36 PM »
I'd just like to know who HASN'T heard of A Clockwork Orange. Fantastic movie. Lotsa nice boobies. :o

I just saw a little Japanese girl give birth to a full-grown man. In others words, Gozu is a weird film.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2008, 12:24:11 AM »
Nope, can't say that I have.

I'm sure many of you have heard of this, but probably haven't seen. If not, then go

That'd be me ... -_-

I don't watch movies all that often actually. Too busy playing games, making art or music, or stressing out :P

My brother-in-law keeps telling me that's a good movie. I just haven't got around to seeing it.

Anyway more:

WHAT THE BLEEP DO WE KNOW!?

A vast amalgam of different philosophical, religious and scientific theories behind everything from time, gravity, dimensions, past lives, worm holes, quantum phyics and mechanics to how we tick and why we feel. A fascinating insight into what we see and especially what we don't. Running the gamut from Einstein's theory on relativity to that of the suppositions of string theory, and even how religion could possibly tie into it all; all presented in an entertaining, balanced and charming live-action narrative with interspersed animations and doccumentary interviews that never get dull.

What the Bleep dares to get your mind ticking and wishes nothing more than for you stop settling for what you're told and start searching for the answers yourself.

What's more, it's shot in my home state of Oregon :) So kinda cool for us :)

Highly recommend. This movie teaches you to keep an open mind about things.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 12:29:35 AM by A N T R A X X »

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Tags: