Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread  (Read 1101510 times)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1590 on: October 21, 2015, 11:12:00 PM »
Ok guys, tell me if you like this one better than the previous one:
The animation is freaky, not the animation itself, but the technique is... as a compliment. it's like mode 7 rotations and a sorta low-res 3d model sorta feel

It kinda looks like a zombified Grant, I mean if that's what you're aiming for. Question, do you really need 20 frames for a stance animation alone?
why not? Castlevania has sorta-kinda-sometimes did the whole many frames thing. the more the smoother, also would look amazing if every aspect of sotn had at least double the frames in animation, it would look so smooth

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #1591 on: October 22, 2015, 03:32:33 AM »
yeah I agree with KaZudra... Howd you do it anyway?

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1592 on: October 22, 2015, 05:12:24 AM »
Thanks guys  8) I picked up a program called spriter pro. It lets you take sprites in segments and add bones to animate them. I took the SOTN version and chopped them up into segments to do it. Enough so that I have done all his animations except for his pain, death,  wall climb and subweapon throws last night.
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #1593 on: October 22, 2015, 08:39:07 PM »
ohhhhhhhhh I forgot all about spriter. It all makes sense now!

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #1594 on: October 22, 2015, 11:37:57 PM »
Interesting. Its sorta works like rotating parts right? Like the ones you'd normally see on huge bosses like galamoth? Either way, I'd like to see how the walk/run animation would turn out. ;D

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #1595 on: October 23, 2015, 05:19:24 AM »
Exactly! And it works like using 3D software in the sense that you can rig a sprite with bones and also when you make a frame in the animation it "tries" to auto- update the next frames for you but they need to be tweaked to say the least lol. Ive gotten all his animations done with the exception of the stairs and stair attacks as well as throwing daggers on the wall. Should have those wrapped up this evening tho  ;D

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #1596 on: October 23, 2015, 07:05:52 AM »
Ooo nice, Can't wait to see it in action. If you plan on sharing them here that is. lol  ;D

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1597 on: October 23, 2015, 09:12:56 AM »
Oh for sure dude lol, but it will be AFTER I wrap up cv3  ;)

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1598 on: October 30, 2015, 05:59:53 PM »
Old thing i do for a project:

(click to show/hide)

This was made by my friend, i help her giving advice in someparts:

(click to show/hide)

Obviously both are only edits, im working doing original works but i cant show anything of that :(

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1599 on: October 31, 2015, 02:29:10 PM »
Thanks guys  8) I picked up a program called spriter pro. It lets you take sprites in segments and add bones to animate them. I took the SOTN version and chopped them up into segments to do it. Enough so that I have done all his animations except for his pain, death,  wall climb and subweapon throws last night.

I've considered picking this up for some of the larger bosses I will be doing. Modular animation would definitely be handy to save the memory resources. Is it pretty user friendly?

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1600 on: October 31, 2015, 04:48:54 PM »
Definitely!  The only problem i've ran in to has been animating things like tails.  Basically if you get the pro version its a breeze but i dont have it (yet).  Other than that it is very easy to use man, definitely worth a try!

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1601 on: November 02, 2015, 06:24:32 AM »
I really wanted to do more but didnt know what character to do next.

Oh by the way sorry piscesdreams that i made another sprites of your character, i was thinking what to do and your character pops right in my mind so i say lets do it XD.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #1602 on: November 07, 2015, 02:39:08 AM »
A thing I'm working on for an old-old-old ROMhack I never finished:

"Stuff and things."

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1603 on: November 11, 2015, 04:27:59 AM »
A thing I'm working on for an old-old-old ROMhack I never finished:

Sounds Great!!!

So my friend and i are going to make a lot of sprites like this:

doesn't have to be related to castlevania (I prefer castlevania) but if someone think what more we can do send me a pm, that will help me a lot since i want to do a lot of this little guys.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1604 on: November 15, 2015, 10:56:29 AM »
Some monster remakes/reimaginings I did for practice purposes.

From left to right and top to bottom:
Axe Knight, Skeleton, Skeleton Warrior, Zombie, Peeping Eye, Bone Pillar, Merman, Medusa Head, Fleaman, Werewolf, Minotaur, Zombie Minotaur.

And some two bonus, original ones :D :

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 11:07:16 AM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

anything