Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: We Lost Everything in the Floods  (Read 2721 times)

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« on: July 30, 2022, 08:32:01 PM »
I am still in a state of shock & processing it honestly…

Thursday, July 28th, around 2:00 am, Uzo & I lost everything we had in the severe flooding that’s ravaging KY at the moment. Our house, our possessions, our car, everything except each other & pets. I don’t even feel truly able to write about it in a coherent way here…please read these links & know we are alive, but in one of the most devastating periods of our lives. I hope you’re all well & never experience anything like this in your lifetimes.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/riley-noble-and-amber-smiths-four-children-die-after-being-swept-away-in-kentucky-flash-floods

https://www.gofundme.com/f/rebuilding-after-kentucky-flood-takes-all
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 08:34:15 PM by Laina »
Groove is in the heart.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2022, 08:38:16 PM »
+1
That is absolutely horrible Laina  :'( I hope you and Uzo get everything back up and going soon.  I know these rains and floods have been absolutely terrible.  I live in WV, but where i am with my wife and kids we are fortunate to be above the flood areas.  Sending prayers and good vibes your way! 
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2022, 10:07:18 AM »
+2
Jesus... At the very least you and uzo are okay (your pets too  :)). Belongings can be replaced and you guys can find a new place to live in time. But the most important thing is your lives. I would definitely recommend finding an area that's far above flood levels so you won't have a repeat of this incident. Just don't live along steep hills or cliffs as erosion is also another pants-kicker. Now's the time to plan ahead and keep an eye out on future seasonal patterns.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2022, 02:40:03 PM »
+1
That's awful! I'm glad you, Uzo, and your pets are okay at least.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2022, 06:41:20 PM »
+1
Praying for you guys. I can't even imagine going through that.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Think Tank

• usually posts while intoxicated
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2022, 08:31:28 PM »
+1
I'm sorry to hear that. That's devastating. Any updates? How are things?

Tags: