Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 981995 times)

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #420 on: May 06, 2015, 01:39:06 PM »
+1
New text!

"The moon looks lovely tonight, don't you think, Paimon the Passionate?"
"This game you and I are playing will soon be over. There will be another, if you're worthy."
"The scientists may be right. But the alchemists are powerful."
"What a wonderful night to have a-- but I am repeating myself."
"I am building a graveyard. Thank you for helping me dig."
"You are like me, I suspect. You listen when the night calls."
"The items are useful. They are revealing. They are no substitute for sheer numbers."

Some may not be exact since I got too excited to report. c_c
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 01:42:57 PM by TheCruelAngel »

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #421 on: May 06, 2015, 02:43:13 PM »
New text!

"The moon looks lovely tonight, don't you think, Paimon the Passionate?"
"This game you and I are playing will soon be over. There will be another, if you're worthy."
"The scientists may be right. But the alchemists are powerful."
"What a wonderful night to have a-- but I am repeating myself."
"I am building a graveyard. Thank you for helping me dig."
"You are like me, I suspect. You listen when the night calls."
"The items are useful. They are revealing. They are no substitute for sheer numbers."

Some may not be exact since I got too excited to report. c_c

So bad@$$! I got these:

There will be other weapons of course, when I trust you with them.
Your clan and the bullwhip clan are at a stalemate. Who among you will be brave to push forward.
A new vital heart, pulsing with old the blood.
The moon looks lovely tonight don't you think Decarabia the Dowdy.

You are like me I assume, you listen when the night calls.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 02:54:22 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #422 on: May 06, 2015, 02:58:30 PM »
I still don't have the scroll on my cell, and I don't have the watch on either device.  Anyone figured out how to get these?

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #423 on: May 06, 2015, 03:43:03 PM »
+1
I still don't have the scroll on my cell, and I don't have the watch on either device.  Anyone figured out how to get these?
http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/34w5hi/sword_or_whip_koji_igarashis_teaser_for_his_next/

Go there. Also I think the watch was for only the first day if you were on one of the first battle's winning clans.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #424 on: May 06, 2015, 04:40:48 PM »
I wonder if those graphics (Igacula on the throne, the whip, the sword and so on) are just made for this site? I don't see the game having sprites like that... do you? I mean, sure Shovel Knight have some 8-bit sprites and looks cool, but... I'd like at least 16-bit goodness. And judging by the tiny screenshots on the PAX flyer, the game looks much prettier than these sprites. Also, the portrait of Igacula is radically different from the sprites. They don't go together at all. I hope it's going for THAT look, at least.

Do you think Ayami Kojima did the IGA portrait, btw? It wouldn't surprise me. Or is it just a modified Dracula from SotN? Have to check the original to be sure...

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #425 on: May 06, 2015, 04:56:05 PM »
I wonder if those graphics (Igacula on the throne, the whip, the sword and so on) are just made for this site? I don't see the game having sprites like that... do you? I mean, sure Shovel Knight have some 8-bit sprites and looks cool, but... I'd like at least 16-bit goodness. And judging by the tiny screenshots on the PAX flyer, the game looks much prettier than these sprites. Also, the portrait of Igacula is radically different from the sprites. They don't go together at all. I hope it's going for THAT look, at least.

Do you think Ayami Kojima did the IGA portrait, btw? It wouldn't surprise me. Or is it just a modified Dracula from SotN? Have to check the original to be sure...

Right now I'm sure those graphics are not final.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline DonBorrelli

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure (GB)
« Reply #426 on: May 06, 2015, 05:20:27 PM »
I tried the site from another device,  got into the bullwhip clan and it stills talks about the Katana as our rivals. I though they were the cat o' nine tails enemies e.e

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #427 on: May 06, 2015, 06:27:35 PM »
If IGA needs help with sprites I could definitely lend a hand if need be. :P

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #428 on: May 06, 2015, 07:07:03 PM »
So how exactly does the voting work? There doesn't seem to be any links.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #429 on: May 06, 2015, 07:13:15 PM »
+3
One more yeah

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #430 on: May 06, 2015, 07:56:04 PM »
Thanks for the link darkmanx, but I didn't happen to see anything in there.  Anyway, I suddenly seem to have the clock now.  I wonder if you get them based on how long you've had the site open?
Has anyone seen the quote that says something along the lines of: "The weapons are helpful.  Nothing is better than sheer numbers" ?!?  (I don't remember exactly what it said...and it got away before I could type it up.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #431 on: May 06, 2015, 08:56:43 PM »
I hope that this game only has the multiplayer part as optional with the single player campaign having the full story.
I can't guarantee that I can play this game if multiplayer is required. Stupid slow internet....

Offline The Most Curious Thing

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #432 on: May 06, 2015, 10:41:55 PM »
I hope that this game only has the multiplayer part as optional with the single player campaign having the full story.
I can't guarantee that I can play this game if multiplayer is required. Stupid slow internet....

I hope that this game also has the 3D part as optional. I can't guarantee I'll play it if it's not 2D  :(

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #433 on: May 06, 2015, 11:20:33 PM »
By the way, did anyone make a compilation of all the names that Igavania has bestowed?

This is too funny: "Naberius the Nameless"
= How can you be nameless if you have a name?  ;D

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #434 on: May 06, 2015, 11:30:27 PM »
+2
I think a vast majority of the fanbase is looking for a great single player experience. It's what Castlevania is about, and it's what sets us apart from Call of Duty fans (even if it's totally fine to be a fan of both, I guess.)

Multiplayer should be secondary, if it's even necessary at all. I know the gaming landscape has changed since the good old days, and a lot of people want the option to play online. So I'm all for an optional multiplayer thing, with extra maps fit for the job. I'll never touch it myself, but I'm happy if it makes other people happy.

I realize I play games on my own to relax and get AWAY from all the people I have to deal with on a daily basis. Gaming is "my time"! Others play games to socialize and I respect that. I just sort of... hate people. They're everywhere!  :o

Tags:

anything