Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: A GameInformer short article about Castlevania  (Read 24006 times)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Re: A GameInformer short article about Castlevania
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2012, 04:53:22 PM »
The best thing Konami can do for the 2D Castlevanias is outsourcing it to other studios, seriously.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2012, 08:58:14 AM »
+1
What a relief it is to see a woman that ISN'T designed with completely over-sized breasts. It's getting to the point with a lot of these games where it's just getting insulting, but I don't want to de-rail this thread.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 04:32:34 PM by Phoenix7786 »
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2012, 02:21:23 PM »
Sumac:
Please do not fuel the flames.
I wasn't planing to do it anyway.
All this wishful leads nowhere, since only developers will decide what exactly they want to do with the game according, but not limited, to: costs, technology and trends.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2012, 08:36:14 PM »
+3
Nothing wrong with voicing the hopes.
Technically it's all pointless... and yet, it isn't.

History has shown that this community is not completely ignored by Konami's developers.

Do you propose we never say anything, ever?  That would make this a dull and quiet place.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2012, 09:59:46 AM »
I think the closest we got was the Dissidia games, which were still stylized via Nomura, but really kept true to Amano's design of certain characters.

I forgot about the Dissidia titles...but even then, through Nomura's filters I think the hard lines he gives the characters is kind of grating compared to the elegant flow of Amano. Do I think Nomura does a bad job of it? No. I think Nomura is very faithful to the original design, and you can tell he really respects Amano's work.

But I digress, it is pretty equivalent to Amano's original work, despite the hard lines of Nomura...though I think I still prefer the FFIV DS's interpretation of Cecil over Dissidia.'s XP

Amano:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KfOd-5as-qM/TeK5htnUAUI/AAAAAAAAANA/kiGxGo_jWIo/s1600/cecil2.jpg

FFIV DS CG:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dKpjcPLFmEQ/UEUe04vYKAI/AAAAAAAAQtk/pAvQX5Rl2zo/s1600/final+fantasy+iv+wallpaper.jpg

Dissidia:
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/1433/777240-paladin_cecil.jpg

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2012, 11:23:10 AM »
Do you propose we never say anything, ever?  That would make this a dull and quiet place.
Of course not. But sometimes, it looks like some people here, seriously think, that Konami must follow every of their single whims, completely ignoring all changes, that had happened in the game industry in the past decade.

Hope is good, but hope must have realistic foundation to begin with. Without it - it's just fantasy, that will never come true. By believing seriously in such fantasies those people doom themselves to big dissappointment and neccessity to went they anger on others who appreciated changes and had realistic expectations. In the end - having a clear border between your imaginary outcome and reality is much better. At least it hurt less, when dreams didn't come true.

anything