Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Comix  (Read 2323 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« on: June 10, 2022, 10:05:45 PM »
What nerd-ass schtuff y'all readin'?

A coworker lended me the first two books of Alan Moore's Saga of Swamp Thing and I'm really getting into it. Heady, mystical, horrific, weird—love it. Stephen Bissette's art is incredible, and I like when Rick Veitch draws issues, too. Both these dudes were associated with Mirage's TMNT in the '80s.

Picked up Chainsaw Man, digging how juvenile it is. I'm obviously not the targeted age for it, but I like the silliness and it's an extremely light read, so it's a breeze to get through. Popcorn fun.

Was reading Usagi Yojimbo but put that down for a bit. Hope to get back into it soon, otherwise it's easy to forget characters and whole plotlines. Shame the Netflix sequel show seems to be aimed at wee chitlins made for laughs, because the part historical, part mythological drama of the comic is great.

Reading through Berserk as the deluxe editions come out, think there's one this month or next. Best comic ever.

Then eventually I hope to start reading some horror manga I bought last summer. Junji Ito, Drifting Classroom. Cool stuff.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2022, 01:13:30 AM »
Done with Demon Slayer manga (got the complete boxed set, really nice btw, good job Viz).

Eagerly waiting each week for the latest My Hero Academia chapters. Thank God for simultaneous release English localizations!

Also waiting for the 2nd volume release of Deadpool Samurai. Hilarious fun! I can't stop hearing Ryan Reynold's voice when reading Deadpool's lines.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2022, 07:48:43 PM »
I just went through a bunch of Nightwing Rebirth issues. Dick Grayson is one of my favorite DC characters, but I think he's doomed to perpetually be in a bunch of mediocre story arcs. So disappointing.

Took a break from that to catch up on Daredevil. In the middle of Soule's run. It's...fine, but not terribly exciting. At least it's a lot better than Mark Waid's dumpster fire (and I think I'm the only person on planet Earth who hated Waid's run).

Checked out DC issues of Masters of the Universe. It's pretty mediocre, too. Still gonna finish it for...some stupid reason.

Sex Criminals vol. 1 was pretty good. A guy and a girl can stop time when they have sex, so they go rob some banks. I do want to pick up vol. 2 soon.

Might go back and read some Marshal Law. The story is very similar to The Boys, but came out way earlier. The Public Spirit arc was pretty awesome. Just a total piss take on superheroes in general, written by a guy who hates the concept of superheroes. Going back to Alan Moore, it's stuff like this that makes me wish his Twilight of the Superheroes story was greenlit many years ago. Marshal Law is definitely a similar perspective to that.

I gotta pick up some more volumes of Mike Grell's run on Green Arrow, too. Loved his run so much. The Longbow Hunters, and the subsequent volumes, are just a really great take on the character. I'm a shameless sucker for 80's grimdark stuff.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 07:51:14 PM by JR »
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Tags: