Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: New Akumajo Dracula Game: Grimoire of Souls (Story Mode Ended)  (Read 92410 times)

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: New Akumajo Dracula Game: Grimoire of Souls (TGS 2019 Showcase)
« Reply #240 on: July 08, 2020, 04:04:15 AM »
This game came and went, wow.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #241 on: July 08, 2020, 04:22:04 AM »
Yeah someone clued me in on the message.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #242 on: July 08, 2020, 05:18:49 AM »
The game is shutting down in September.

So, wait. They released it VERY unceremoniously this past September, only released it in Canada and never released it anywhere else, and now they're shutting it down??

Where'd that news come from? Not that I don't believe you, but I want to hear their justification for this insanity, and now I have to workaround how to get the game and play it before it evidently now will no longer be available??  >:(

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #243 on: July 08, 2020, 05:40:44 AM »
I didn't keep up with this game much, but from what I remember, it was never released in US app stores? I wonder what the story behind the development of this game is. They way this ended makes me feel like they will be even more hesitant to invest in making another Castlevania any time soon.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #244 on: July 08, 2020, 06:10:52 AM »
Where'd that news come from? Not that I don't believe you, but I want to hear their justification for this insanity, and now I have to workaround how to get the game and play it before it evidently now will no longer be available??  >:(

From the game's update log itself.

The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline SecretWeapon

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #245 on: July 08, 2020, 06:29:42 AM »
i was looking forward to the plot. Oh well.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #246 on: July 08, 2020, 07:05:24 AM »
Well shit. So, what's the best way of playing it if you're not in Canada? I haven't taken the time to download it but now I guess I don't have a choice if I want to play it at all, ever.

I'll have to figure out how to live stream playing the game from my phone onto Twitch/Youtube. Been wanting to but just haven't had time to figure out the setup I'd need.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #247 on: July 08, 2020, 07:23:16 AM »
well i am saddened.  what a waste.  but it’s not the first time i haven’t been able to play a Castlevania franchise game without taking extraordinary measures (laments at The Arcade not getting ported anywhere).  i just hope a proper transcript is available somewhere.  i suppose i can take a closer look at any that might be out there without worrying about spoiling it for me.  hope we’ve got enough youtube gameplay videos to preserve it as well.

Offline DraculaCronqvist

• Demon King
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I shall give you the answer along with your death!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #248 on: July 08, 2020, 10:36:32 AM »
Okay, what kind of nonsense is this? First, they release a game filled with in-game transactions on phones, something that a huge chunk of the Castlevania fanbase is not comfortable with, then they release it only in very few countries, then they shut it down after a short time? Sometimes, I genuinely wonder how Konami can still keep fiscally afloat with such enormously poor business decisions.
"It's not that I don't love to run into the heart of danger... Actually, that's exactly it."
"Individualism is a path fraught with obstacles, and sometimes angry mobs, but for all its hardships it is the only one worth taking."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #249 on: July 08, 2020, 10:58:21 AM »
Gambling. That's how.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #250 on: July 08, 2020, 11:57:41 AM »
Well this blows.  I never even got a chance to try it out.   :-\

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #251 on: July 08, 2020, 12:23:08 PM »
i was contemplating getting a game controller for my iphone in anticipation of this coming out.  glad i didn’t, although if i did, at least i could use it on the Symphony of the Night port.

wish they’d just fiddle with the microtransactions part of the game and then release it for a full price (like up to $20) so people who “really” want to play the game still can and not have to worry about the server going down.  maybe that’s a tweak they decided to do before launching the game globally after its trial run in canada??  i’m sure their announcement would be a little more upbeat if that was the case though haha.

wonder how much longer people who “invested” in the game can keep playing it.  from my understanding, you just can’t spend more money on it.  or is it blocking people from playing it due to no access to the server like some games do?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 12:32:03 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #252 on: July 08, 2020, 12:36:33 PM »
Well shit. So, what's the best way of playing it if you're not in Canada? I haven't taken the time to download it but now I guess I don't have a choice if I want to play it at all, ever.

I'll have to figure out how to live stream playing the game from my phone onto Twitch/Youtube. Been wanting to but just haven't had time to figure out the setup I'd need.

The game doesn't block your IP, so the issue is that you have to download it from a service that isn't your regional Google Play Store.

QooApp is probably the easiest way to get the game. And looking at its last update, one shouldn't be surprised this game is done. Mobile games need content other week to be viable, and the last major update was in March. I can't even remember what the game did then as an update, either. Unless I'm mistaken, the last really significant update was in February when remaining chapters and characters were datamined and people thought the slowing down of content was to gear up for a worldwide launch.

Gumi was the developer of this, and I find it interesting this game stopped getting support as soon as War of the Visions: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius was released worldwide. It came out the same day as GoS' last update. I guess they put their resources behind a game they'd probably get a better return on, as they can capitalize on toxic gacha systems with weapons and characters for that game.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #253 on: July 08, 2020, 01:54:00 PM »
You just need to find the xapk file and install it as a third party application. I haven't played for a few months. I used to play it on my pc through emulation.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #254 on: July 08, 2020, 06:29:31 PM »
Not too much more details here, but it’s a news article on it anyways.

https://www.thegamer.com/castlevania-grimoire-of-souls-shutdown-date/

Tags:

anything