Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "Castletoria" - In Development!  (Read 138789 times)

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Re: "Castle of Nightmares" - In Development!
« Reply #240 on: February 25, 2017, 04:56:14 AM »
I have a question for the majority of players here and it is about resolutions.

Do you mind pixelart games to have black bars left/right or from all sides (from time to time, depending on the resolution on the monitor)?

It is just general question because for my game for example it is impossible to NOT have black bars. My menus are built this way so they ALLWAYS have to be in the same resolution (native resolution of the game).
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #241 on: February 25, 2017, 05:02:00 AM »
I don't think it's a big problem.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #242 on: February 26, 2017, 12:48:41 AM »
I don't mind black bars or borders.

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #243 on: March 04, 2017, 11:49:50 AM »
+1
UPDATE!!!

LINK TO THE NEW VERSION - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzRohquxGIULTUxoTnpKa1ByNjA

So here is the latest changes in the game:
1. THE BIGGEST THING!!! The resolution of the game is now 512x360. This was made so the game can cover more resolutions and look good on most resolutions!!! This is the final resolution!!!
2. TAB, CTRL, ALT, SHIFT are added to the controls scheme. Now you can bid them appropriately.
3. The controls menu now has the mouse fully working. When you click on a button in the controls remap menu the selector (the purple window) will move the that key. This was made to avoid confusion. Thanks to the guy that suggested it!

Things to keep in mind:
1.The mouse is working properly only in the controls remap menu!
2. The start and pause menus look empty and ugly now because I have just converted them to the new resolution. They are next in line to be fixed.

TO-DO list!!!
1. Fix the players attacking animation with the short weapons. He needs to be more quick and powerful.
2. Redo the equipment menu. This means to remove the sprites and code the text so I can change it easily.
3. Add joystick controls.
4. Add more save states.
5. Finish the Castle park area.

Please keep the feedback coming!

EDIT: Need to ADD a notification in the controls remap menu that you can't return to the previous menu if you have UNBINDED buttons. It seems people are confused with why can't they quit the options menu both in-game and in the start menu.
If you have any problems with that please test it and tell me. For example you have all buttons mapped (NOT one button has the text "No Key!!!") and you still can't exit the controls menu.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 05:10:02 AM by Zuljaras »
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #244 on: March 07, 2017, 11:50:47 PM »
People I need your help.

Could you test the control remap menu and see if there is possibility to have ALL buttons mapped but still unable to go back to other menus. Basically I want to know if people can get stuck in this menu!!!

Thank you in advance!!!

Offline aensland

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Music Concert 1st Place 2017-02-Music Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #245 on: March 08, 2017, 02:16:49 PM »
Even after re-maping the button layout to different keys, I don't get stuck on the menu.

Also, this demo is fun, my only issue may be the hitbox of the attacks, specially with enemies like the crawling eyeball, it's really narrow.

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #246 on: March 09, 2017, 12:01:37 AM »
Even after re-maping the button layout to different keys, I don't get stuck on the menu.

Also, this demo is fun, my only issue may be the hitbox of the attacks, specially with enemies like the crawling eyeball, it's really narrow.

This is good news. I have added a red cross to appear on top of the button that is not mapped so be more obvious.

I will have to review the hit-boxes of the enemies.

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #247 on: March 11, 2017, 02:06:20 AM »
I have redone the short attack of the player (daggers, fist weapons etc.) because players complained that it was too stiff.

Is it better than the old one?

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #248 on: March 11, 2017, 03:54:16 AM »
It does look like he's putting more of his back into it, yeah, though you could add a motion blur effect to make it more fluid.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #249 on: March 11, 2017, 04:34:23 AM »
It does look like he's putting more of his back into it, yeah, though you could add a motion blur effect to make it more fluid.
Yes I think I will add one more frame of him holding the dagger (stab) and add some transparent trail withe the same color as the blade. That will give me more options for  additional animation effects etc.

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #250 on: March 11, 2017, 06:38:02 AM »
its my idea or the character looks like he walk with only one leg? by the way i like all the work you do, i like that the jump have different heights, I was planing to make a video on my chanel but didnt have the time to do that.
  The game dosnt recognize my control but i think its okey since my controll its so weird, i use a extern program to use it, in one part it gives me an error and was with the armored skeleton, i hit with the big sword and that gives me that error, i wasnt capable to reproduce the error again, if i found it again i will send you the image so you will know what happen.

Nice Work  ;D.

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #251 on: March 11, 2017, 08:59:26 AM »
its my idea or the character looks like he walk with only one leg? by the way i like all the work you do, i like that the jump have different heights, I was planing to make a video on my chanel but didnt have the time to do that.
  The game dosnt recognize my control but i think its okey since my controll its so weird, i use a extern program to use it, in one part it gives me an error and was with the armored skeleton, i hit with the big sword and that gives me that error, i wasnt capable to reproduce the error again, if i found it again i will send you the image so you will know what happen.

Nice Work  ;D.
Thank you!
Next thing is to fix the walking animation.
I will see to the error.
The game does not support controllers for now. Only keyboard.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #252 on: March 11, 2017, 10:10:43 AM »
its my idea or the character looks like he walk with only one leg?

I mentioned this as well earlier on. Glad somebody else noticed it too.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #253 on: March 12, 2017, 06:20:19 AM »
I mentioned this as well earlier on. Glad somebody else noticed it too.

I have just found that ALL this time the player walk animation was skipping frames and that is the reason it looks like that. The bad idea is I do not know why it does that! No matter how many images I add the sprite frames are limited. I have to do a research and fix this shit.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #254 on: March 12, 2017, 11:12:50 AM »
Try not to worry dude. You're doing a good job with your game. Best thing you can do is give it your all  :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

anything