Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Dr Wily returns... Hell freezes over... Megaman 9...  (Read 39495 times)

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Dr Wily returns... Hell freezes over... Megaman 9...
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2008, 02:07:09 PM »
In Reply To #45

So, wait a minute... Dr. Wily claims that Dr. Light is behind the attacks... and people FUCKING BELIEVE HIM AFTER 15 OR SO YEARS OF TRYING TO DESTROY THE WORLD?

This still looks awesome, though. Day 1 purchase. Plug Man FTW.

Offline Xain

• FIRE! FIRE!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2008, 02:45:08 PM »
This is a sure buy....on one condition. It's scares me a bit that the director equates it to a new NES game. This game better have no flicker and sprite respawning. Thinking realistically, this should not happen.

MM Battle Network Sig Project. And on the third day, Dr. Light said, "Let there be Roll."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2008, 05:17:39 PM »
In Reply To #47

It won't have that.
I don't know if you know, but the "MegaMan Anniversary Collection" only masquerades as a NES compilation.  In reality it's built from the ground up and only resembles the NES games in appearance.  You can tell because when you play the games in Navi mode, the menu is all 32-bit.

Also the music was not NSF Nintendo format, but rather looping versions of the 8bit tunes.

I think this'll be faked out the same way.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline MDI

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2008, 06:51:42 PM »

God-fucking-damnit it IS 8-bit...

Fabulous...just..fabulous...
:)

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2008, 07:29:10 PM »
 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

8-Bit yummies!

*Wonders about bonus contents*

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
_______________________________________ ______________

TRON

« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2008, 08:20:38 PM »
Pardon if I may, but that is NOT the first female Robot Master. Roll is. Check the ending of Rockman 3, where they describe that Blues (Protoman) is DRN-000, Rock is DRN-001 and Roll is DRN-002, making her the first female Robot Master.

Offline Xain

• FIRE! FIRE!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2008, 03:43:16 PM »
In Reply To #47

It won't have that.
I don't know if you know, but the "MegaMan Anniversary Collection" only masquerades as a NES compilation.

MM Battle Network Sig Project. And on the third day, Dr. Light said, "Let there be Roll."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2008, 12:26:48 AM »
Pardon if I may, but that is NOT the first female Robot Master. Roll is. Check the ending of Rockman 3, where they describe that Blues (Protoman) is DRN-000, Rock is DRN-001 and Roll is DRN-002, making her the first female Robot Master.

Yeah she's not a Robot Master.  A Robot Master is a boss.  She's never been a boss as far as I know.  Yes she's a playable character in MMPU, but she's not a Robot Master by my sense of the definition.

I never said she was the first woman.  I know about Roll, lolz.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2008, 06:24:48 AM »
Yeah she's not a Robot Master.  A Robot Master is a boss.  She's never been a boss as far as I know.  Yes she's a playable character in MMPU, but she's not a Robot Master by my sense of the definition.

I never said she was the first woman.  I know about Roll, lolz.

Roll is also a boss in MMPU --when you fight her copy robot in the 3rd stage of Wily's Castle.  It's really too bad you couldn't set Roll, Rock, Megaman, or Protoman as boss characters in the custom stages --considering all the AIs exist as copy robot.

I had a female Robot Master Idea when I was a kid.  Mer-der Maid --An underwater villian with a siren like singing voice that put her victims in a stupor, while she slits their throats with a razor sharp tail!  When Megaman gets equipped with Mermaid tail he can swim underwater and use the tail for melee attacks --he can also put on-screen enemies to sleep by charging up and unleashing siren song.

TRON

« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2008, 07:52:37 PM »
In Reply To #54

Robot Masters are NOT bosses. Robot Masters are robots with a higher Artificial Intelligence than the other robots. Like I said, check the ending in Rockman (Megaman) 3, and you will see Roll listed as one Robot Master, with serial number DRN-002.

Some people don't consider Blues, Rock and Roll as robot masters due to their standing as main characters, nevertheless, facts are facts, and stated by Capcom (as per ending of Rockman 3), they are the first three Robot Master.

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2008, 07:34:00 AM »
I had a female Robot Master Idea when I was a kid.  Mer-der Maid --An underwater villian with a siren like singing voice that put her victims in a stupor, while she slits their throats with a razor sharp tail!  When Megaman gets equipped with Mermaid tail he can swim underwater and use the tail for melee attacks --he can also put on-screen enemies to sleep by charging up and unleashing siren song.
This would be that Siren Song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRJCXymlWxg
"Murmaider" -Dethklok
 There are no fingerprints
Deep under water
Nothing to tie one to a crime
And if you seek vengeance
All you need are instruments of pain

You need your

Knives? Check.
Rope? Check.
Dagger? Check.
Chains? Check.
Locks? Check.
Laser Beams? Check.
Acid? Check.
Body Bag? Check.

Murmaider [x16]

But beware
For when you quench your blood thirst
Others will seek their vengeance on you
And they won't rest
Until you're dead

They'll have their:

Shiv? Check.
Pipe? Check.
Hammer? Check.
Axe? Check.
Subject? Check.
Location? Check.
Desire? Check.
Vengeance? Check.

Hold your breath, swim and strain
The smell of death, can't escape
Blood will could and drift away
Attract the murders of Murmaids
It's so cold they all know

What you've done, you can't run
Vengeance is the law for thee
A thousand leagues below the sea
You've been tracked, you've been seen
Murdering the next kin
Ate their hearts drank their blood

Washed your fins in blackened mud
Now you swim try to hide
Heart beats faster from inside
Thought it was a big charade
Your life was ended by Murmaids.

Murmaider [x16]

Swords? Check.
Saws? Check.
Clubs? Check.
Claws? Check.
Hatred? Check.
Anger? Check.
Mermaid? Check.
Murder? Check.

MURDER! MURDER! MURMAID MURDER!

Your life was ended by mermaids.

Lyrics:  http://www.metrolyrics.com/murmaider-lyrics-dethklok.html
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 07:37:26 AM by Slayer »
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline DraimanBelieve

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2008, 10:40:43 PM »
I just got my new Nintendo Power in the mail and there is a full thing about Mega Man 9 with screen shots and an interview with Keiji Inafune about the game.  Apparently he said that with WiiWare out they can make any game they want and not need a high budget.  He said they had about 20 designers create this game and for an 8-bit game thats a lot of designers.  Nobody from the original team except for Inafune is working on it and he is just in a producer role but he did say that he has worked very close on the project and has fixed numerous things he didn't feel the team got right with the art but he has guided them throughout. 

He said he isn't even nervous about making a new 8-bit Mega Man that he is just excited.  They are going off Mega Man 2 for the most part and he said they are trying to surpass Mega Man 2 with Mega Man 9.  Its a big and bold goal but he wants this to be the best Mega Man game.  He also said they are using purely 8-bit graphics but they have pushed 8-bit to its very limits and this is about all that 8-bit can do with graphics so they are supposed to be the best 8-bit Mega Man graphics ever. 

There is a good chance there might be more playable characters cause he said that is classified info and he can't reveal that.  I am so excited about this.  I wish I had a scanner so I could scan the pages but I don't.  They have some NES style cutscenes in the game, pure 8-bit music and the difficulty level they did not hold back on at all.  Also you will control the game just like an original 8-bit game with the Wii Remote turned sideways like an NES controller.  This game I am so excited over its not funny.  Its a great time to own a Wii thats all I got to say.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2008, 11:40:48 PM »
I just got my new Nintendo Power in the mail and there is a full thing about Mega Man 9 with screen shots and an interview with Keiji Inafune about the game.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline DraimanBelieve

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2008, 01:28:09 AM »
Wow that sounds fantastic, I'll probably get a wii if that's the only way to get this game and they keep making great games like this seems.

Tags:

anything