Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: all 20 DISSIDIA playable characters revealed  (Read 10536 times)

Offline Sonic_Reaper

• The Elusive
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Dorian Tokici
    • Awards
Re: all 20 DISSIDIA playable characters revealed
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2008, 02:53:51 PM »
I'm guessing the poster used his real name (or it was known) because if he was using an alias, the cease and desist could not be directed towards any person in particular.  And even if it were and an IP trace were used, there's no way for them to prove that the same person using the IP address was the same person who posted the pictures.

Anyway, getting a little off topic but I see the internet being a free media/information network.  Bringing law into the equation will destroy the freedom of information it allows.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2008, 04:54:57 PM »
Nothing you can do about it. But they can go after the host. So the host can kill it off even if the person doesn't anyway. It'll get destroyed in the end.

In any case, I'm just happy Terra and Squall was confirmed. Too bad Rinoa wasn't, but I can see why, considering her weapon and her lack of any type of fighting skills.

What really pisses me off though, is no Ramza or Delita or Orlandu Cid. (I purposely put Ramza first as he's the one I wanted most from FFT. The other two however, can go either way.)

Offline Sonic_Reaper

• The Elusive
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Dorian Tokici
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2008, 01:27:55 AM »
Yeah it's just the numbered FF games though.  And apparently there are rumors that it will include XI and XII as well, though it's yet to be announced.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2008, 10:51:53 AM »
In Reply To #18

They actually stated that its only numbered ones? or you came to that conclusion through something? If thats true, that lame. I mean, how can they not put in some people from a game they remade or rather, reprinted into another console with slight updates)

Offline Saner

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2008, 08:47:21 PM »
here are all the pics again

Here you are, all the heroes:
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/xntn/Squarein/heroes.jpg

I guess here are the villains, too
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/xntn/Squarein/villains.jpg

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2008, 09:12:30 PM »
HOLY! IS THAT KEFKA?! SWEET!

Offline RichterX

• The might of Legend
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2008, 09:23:37 PM »
Jecht for the win!

Holy Cross is best Item Crash.

Offline John Capricorn

• Celebrate good times, c'mon. Celebrate ...etc
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2008, 01:38:28 PM »
that sucks, i don't even want the game but i liked the pictures that france gave us.  fuck that.  fuck square enix those bad people.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2008, 07:46:40 PM »
Oh wow.

Offline erimocard

• satin demon
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Gro
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2008, 01:45:50 AM »
I don't really want the game or anything, but... what consoles will it be for?

Also: YAY JECHT.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0VeN-9ktKc
Is that the sword of braskas final Aeon, he's wielding?
And am I the only one who finds it strange that the son of heavy metal jekkt is a j-pop kiddie?

Also, am I the only one who thinks this looks like DBZ Budokai?

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2008, 05:51:09 AM »
As far as I know, it's for PSP.
There's some kind of grid system in there, so I don't think it's a true fighter or anything...
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2008, 09:52:44 PM »
Suposably story mode will be very dialog heavy and will be different for each character(it will basically be their own in-depth "chapters"). There will be other modes, like one which is not-unlike an average fighting game Arcade Mode. Suposably you can unlock extra costumes and extra background music that you can insert into specific stages. You can also listen to all the music and watch all the cutscenes in "Museum Mode".

Offline Bizarro Belmont

• WHAT?
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2008, 08:25:39 AM »
I've seen some trailers. It does look interesting. I dig the cut-scene where Zidane and Tidus are evading Ultmecia and Kuja while Squall and Sephiroth are sword-fighting. Killer stuff, there.

wcarnation

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2008, 01:50:12 AM »
Ain't really digging how Nomura kinda homogenized all these diverse characters into a singular style. Everyone looks the same.

I also don't think I really agree with the implication that Terra is the main character of FF6. Pretty much everyone was the main character of FF6.

And, since when was ExDeath a dude in armor? and Cloud of Darkness a living carbon copy of Ultimecia? It was a Cloud... of Darkness... in the shape of a lady.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 01:52:34 AM by X-X!V"Q »

pixelvanian

« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2008, 04:11:11 AM »
In Reply To #29

"And, since when was ExDeath a dude in armor?"

Since... 1992.

I would have liked to at least see Celes in there, for FF6. While I agree that almost everyone is the main protagonist of the game, at the very least Terra is the main of the first half and Celes of the second.

While I don't think they're all bad, I don't like some of the restylized designs either.

New character:
http://www.gamekyo.com/images0_4_29386.html
Cute!

Tags:

anything