Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread  (Read 1056019 times)

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1170 on: June 19, 2014, 08:35:41 AM »
No no no, not those. The forum changed to a different host for about 3 hours.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #1171 on: June 19, 2014, 08:43:44 AM »
The sprites? My friends did.
If you're wondering if they were stolen, no they weren't. I'm Kradakor :P

Hot damn, yo! Those sprites are killer, dude.

Edit:
Here are some modest recolors I did.
Nothing Spectacular.
Just an upgraded Alucard Wolf Form with a more common brown coloration and the harness and sword completely separated from the rest of the palette.

Next are some variants for the RoB Axe Armor based on other versions.
Going clockwise from the upper left, original axe armor, the weak green axe armor from SotN, the red axe armor from CVDX, and the axe armor from SCV4.

And the last two are SotN Axe Armor recolors based on the Red Axe Armor and Antique Axe Armor respectively.
The red one is based on CVDX again and the antique is based on SCV4 and I gave it a 'Golden Axe' just cause I'm a silly bastard.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 08:58:04 AM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1172 on: June 19, 2014, 06:53:43 PM »
Wow..some really nice work on here! Gotta give props to Plottwist on the drac form 2 and death sycthes..very nice! Incubbus diggin the edit on al's wolf form..i was always wondering why the wolf was way blueish..and not more of a baise/or grey off set color..Pretty damn sweet guys!

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Re: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread
« Reply #1173 on: June 20, 2014, 03:08:21 PM »
dude drac form is sick. i reallz like that. great job dude

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #1174 on: June 23, 2014, 03:45:18 PM »

Ive been workin on this mostly on my breaks at work for the last week or so and I was lookin for some suggestions before I continue. Its an engine Im workin on for more then just a zelda game but I figured a remake of zelda 1 would be a good idea to make to develop the engine and my systems like the editor and stuff.

Anyway as you can see in the pic its the first screen from zelda 1. The 2d version is how it looks with my tileset Ive been workin on and the 3d is how it looks in my engine currently. Dont worry about how the ground looks different in each I just threw it together to see how it looked.

My question is: How could I go about making the actual 3d tiles look closer to the 2d version. Keep in mind this is 3d... so its textures on polys not just flat tiles. I also wanna keep the poly limit super low to help keep 2d game in 3d look

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1175 on: June 24, 2014, 06:13:06 PM »
I'm clueless on 3D coding for the most part, so I can't help you much there.

Also, if anyone could convert these frames into Simon's single frame style, I would be very grateful.

I'm capable of doing it myself, but a lot's going on with me right now (possibly changing jobs, getting thrown all over the place in the one I currently have, etc.) I just don't have much time to do this sort of thing.

Oh, and Plot? Would there be any chance in the world I could persuade you to expand that Death? I've been wanting to use a good-looking Death for HC, but I've been resistant to recycling an old one, and yours is pretty much perfect.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1176 on: June 25, 2014, 07:58:09 AM »

Also, if anyone could convert these frames into Simon's single frame style, I would be very grateful.

I'm capable of doing it myself, but a lot's going on with me right now (possibly changing jobs, getting thrown all over the place in the one I currently have, etc.) I just don't have much time to do this sort of thing.

Oh, and Plot? Would there be any chance in the world I could persuade you to expand that Death? I've been wanting to use a good-looking Death for HC, but I've been resistant to recycling an old one, and yours is pretty much perfect.

What exactly do you want done with those sprites?
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1177 on: June 25, 2014, 08:07:38 AM »

I think Serio had a version of those sprites edited into Chronicles Simon, which should be easier to edit into your Simon.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1178 on: June 25, 2014, 01:54:20 PM »
I'd totally forgotten about those, Vlad.

lol I feel like I only visit CVBla anymore to pester Serio for resources.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1179 on: July 03, 2014, 08:25:09 AM »
Yay! Moar sprites! It's MegaMan reimagined.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1180 on: July 03, 2014, 12:44:41 PM »
I had an idea, why doesn't the forum start sprite contests?

Ever month I think the forum members should have a poll on what character, theme etc. and we could vote.

Then maybe, the moderators vote...?

I don't know what we could do for rewards...maybe a special icon or promotion type?

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1181 on: July 04, 2014, 10:16:52 PM »
Contests would be fun, tho it would require extra mods for the contests section.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1182 on: July 06, 2014, 03:04:43 PM »
Can someone remove the "training room" background from these sprites?

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1183 on: July 06, 2014, 04:26:11 PM »
There ya go, Zero.

Also, sorry Drac9. No more frames for Death at least now.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1184 on: July 06, 2014, 04:37:49 PM »
Thanks!

anything