Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 981665 times)

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #1290 on: May 21, 2015, 07:35:29 PM »
+1
I kinda miss Blu Cheese and Redrum though, even though they'd have no fucking clue who I was.

Who the hell is Blu Cheese? I started here around 2002-03 and that name rings no bells.

Lelygax: Virt and I had been joking a bit on Twitter when he said he'd love someone to start a petition to get him into Bloodstained, and I said I'd totally do that. I poked @SwordorWhip about it. One week later...and we got us Virt on the stretch goals.

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!!! But probably

Offline riverman

• Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #1291 on: May 21, 2015, 07:49:02 PM »
What happend to redrum? Remember his rom hacks!

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1292 on: May 21, 2015, 07:56:14 PM »
+1
Who the hell is Blu Cheese? I started here around 2002-03 and that name rings no bells.

http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=1914

Next you'll forget Ralph and Bloodreign. :(

...I miss Bloodreign.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #1293 on: May 21, 2015, 08:03:29 PM »
Well, maybe its a coincidence... maybe not... :rollseyes:
Atleast you didn't go overboard like Operation Akumajo did. If you said something to @SwordorWhip I think that you surely helped atleast a bit at them noticing him.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline JohnSnow73

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1294 on: May 21, 2015, 09:26:45 PM »
after absent for 10 years finally back i backed IGA with my money
but i do Hate Ippo Yamada.
His music is electric techno kind of music which
i do not like and his music is total crap. Please let us ask iga to trow him out.
Second the main character looks like a japanese pop idol.
And that dress is pure and simple chosen because it does not need animation so is that short hair.

I do hate inti creates concept art
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 10:00:59 PM by JohnSnow73 »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #1295 on: May 21, 2015, 11:46:55 PM »
+1
Can be interesting for some people. Its Mega64 commenting about their 8 hour livestream with IGA.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p2RH4DU1rU&feature=youtu.be&t=21m25s
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1296 on: May 21, 2015, 11:56:12 PM »
as optimistic as every1 is, dont get ur hopes up too high. as i say once the dust settles and reality starts to kick in and people give it a playthru a few times, people will begin to pick this game apart as always. "this game was way too overhyped" mightwill be a common expressio, calling it now

i hope im wrong but cmon, iga never received this much praise during the gba/ds era and his gameplay/story decisions were being criticized left n right. sure he has way more development time this time, but i can still see people say "he had over a year to make this & this is what we get??" "theres still a severe lack of platforming, just like the other metrovanias" "too many useless items & magic, just like sotn" "the game is too derivative/not derivative enough" "i think i still like DXC more" "well at least it had good artwork & music" etc etc. this is inevitable

the fanbase is fickle, always has been and everyone is just super high rite now

I know I've said it before, but I've never been impressed with the storylines in IGA's games, and I don't think Bloodstained will be any different. I always preferred the simple but effective plots the classic CV games had, and I thought IGA's plots always had lots of potential, but failed in the execution. But the games themselves have always been fun to play, so I don't really care how the story turns out, especially with this being a brand new series.

I'm just excited to see what he can do with a decent budget, without all the Konami fuckery that we've come to know and love.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #1297 on: May 22, 2015, 01:15:29 AM »
You are officially my favorite person of the day. Cross stitch ftw! I have only ever attempted very simple 8-bit sprites, which look very cool and all, but one day I'm gonna try to make something more complicated!

Thanks! Just go to my deviantart page. for more needlework goodies.

I sent them a private message giving my support, and Iga did reply, so yeah, it's easy to do that, or, alternatively, just leave a comment on the KS main page.  :)  That would actually be pretty awesome to have.

Go, Shiroi, go!  You can do this, you can get Gebel done!  :D  *Pulls out a pair of black and gold cheer-leading pom-poms*

I left a question on their tumblr page anonymously. I just hope they give out a reply. Alternatively, some of you guys are also ask the same thing "please give the CVDF members a special clan name?" or something like that. More people who ask, more likely they'll do it.

Thanks for cheering me on. I really need to finish this by mid June.
My eyes are getting tired.... It is hard to stitch dark threads on a black aida....

Offline LoneChild

• C12H17N2O4P
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Ningun Lugar
    • Awards
« Reply #1298 on: May 22, 2015, 05:13:22 AM »
Aaand this is what I was thinking about a more Shanoa-like design for the main character. 100% less jpop-star looking. Opinions? (Artwork's from a close friend, btw).
http://iga-bloodstained.tumblr.com/post/119565183196/miriam

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #1299 on: May 22, 2015, 05:30:53 AM »
We already get the first Yamane 8-bit track.

Offline JohnSnow73

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #1300 on: May 22, 2015, 05:39:01 AM »
Yes i like your design it has a gothic feel to it but why the dull colors!

Especially the face and hair of the main character is boring.

Inti Creates concept design it a total fail.

Bytheway Nobody reacted on the horrible music of Ippo Yamada.

By God listen to the stuff he already made and on Iga's KS

We should have a petition page to kick him out!

Last but not least everyone minus plus agrees the disgusting
art desing of Inti creates even the castle has the same New Age
feel to it.

We need to petition to IGA to stop these 2 main problems!
By god use the Money we have given you for an other Concept Artist
and a Second Music Composer.

Not dumb Goals like cheat codes and other rubbish targets which he is asking
too much money for.

The only thing we ask is a Better Artist an please dump Ippo Yamada.

Thank you will not wine again.

Since i backed this project with 500 dollars

« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 05:42:20 AM by JohnSnow73 »

Offline LoneChild

• C12H17N2O4P
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Ningun Lugar
    • Awards
« Reply #1301 on: May 22, 2015, 05:54:21 AM »
Maybe i wasn't clear enough about it. The artwork's from a friend, not mine (I wish i could get this quality with my abilities).

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1302 on: May 22, 2015, 06:01:54 AM »
Yes i like your design it has a gothic feel to it but why the dull colors!

Especially the face and hair of the main character is boring.

Inti Creates concept design it a total fail.

Bytheway Nobody reacted on the horrible music of Ippo Yamada.

By God listen to the stuff he already made and on Iga's KS

We should have a petition page to kick him out!

Last but not least everyone minus plus agrees the disgusting
art desing of Inti creates even the castle has the same New Age
feel to it.

We need to petition to IGA to stop these 2 main problems!
By god use the Money we have given you for an other Concept Artist
and a Second Music Composer.

Not dumb Goals like cheat codes and other rubbish targets which he is asking
too much money for.

The only thing we ask is a Better Artist an please dump Ippo Yamada.

Thank you will not wine again.

Since i backed this project with 500 dollars

dude calm down....kicking 1 person this early from the team will cause a fall on the other members. what if they're all attached to each other ? the sample I listened from Ippo's piece sounds perfect for a boss battle, it's totally your own opinion.

about the concept art..it looks fine to me also Miriam design looks really great Idk why everyone is thinking she looks like a k-pop or j-pop ?
you're just overreacting tbh :/

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1303 on: May 22, 2015, 06:16:38 AM »
Ippo's song on that kickstarter page is great. Gives me the vibe of symphony of the nights type rock tracks. The art design is a bit anime but the characters are fine otherwise. Kirch picking peoppe

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1304 on: May 22, 2015, 07:46:15 AM »
No, please not more recycling...

There's almost no other way for low budget games to survive these days. IGA specifically said in an interview recently what everyone already knows: the recycling done on the CV titles was to cut down on the budgets of the games to keep the games above the unprofitable line, i.e. the death line. Huge, high selling franchises are what can afford all new assets every game, and even they probably reuse a lot of stuff people wouldn't notice or that feels natural to carry over. For example, CoD probably reuses gun meshes and textures because why remodel the same model of gun for each game? Also generally games like that only have a tiny enemy variety because they're limited to humans by the setting, so that helps them in a way something like CV couldn't take advantage of. In CV we expected a huge enemy variety and the only way to keep the budget low and still have it was the plumb the depths of past games for assets.

Aaand this is what I was thinking about a more Shanoa-like design for the main character. 100% less jpop-star looking. Opinions? (Artwork's from a close friend, btw).
http://iga-bloodstained.tumblr.com/post/119565183196/miriam

Wow, I like that more than the official art. I'm still "okay" with the official art though, although I do wish it was darker, but maybe it won't make too much of a difference for what the model looks like in-game, which is what matters. In-game models will often look a bit different than the concept art (although less so in 2.5D).

Tags: