Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Azure Striker Gunvolt 3  (Read 3323 times)

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« on: April 06, 2022, 06:24:14 AM »
I... Ugh. I lost all hopes after seeing the bloody price tag. $35 for the basic digital version? Are you kidding me?

...But they proclaimed that you'll have more than 150 abilities to collect and perform. Did you guys think that it's some sort of false advertising? Will it really have that much of abilities programmed in and offered to the player?

Artplay seems to be actively involved in helping Inti Creates for iX2 (according to the game's staff roll), so maybe someone under IGA would secretly give them such advise?
If the proclaimed more than 150 abilities really is a thing, then we could imagine it having something like in Castlevania AoS/DoS and Bloodstained. Then it would SORTA worth the $35 pricetag but only if there're more actual stages to support the content.

I don't know if it's just me, but the live-2d things never triggered the button inside me. In my view I don't think it's really necessary to add it (it's just so...tasteless, stale, abrupt), regardless that they want to add it since iX2. What's your opinion guys?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2022, 06:43:46 AM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2022, 04:48:32 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sCmjSvqXJ4

OK so the worst thing happened. Instead of the  shard-esque ability system as imagined, we get THIS. A gacha-wannabe... thing.
I can clearly see the opinion in reviews go diversed. Ugh.
What were they thinking????

How's everybody treating this gacha-wannabe system? I want to hear your opinions.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 05:13:59 PM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2022, 10:19:08 PM »
After checking the full playthroughs it seems that the overal quality was generally better than previous titles?
But still hold my interest until all DLCs are released. Maybe considering a purchase but only after Steam version released.
The $35 price tag seems to be a typo, phew. Although I'm not sure if there're cut contents that paid off the difference between $35 and $29.9.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2022, 11:00:25 PM »
If they have online vids then it should help put things into perspective for you. But it sounds like a tough break for the game right now.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2022, 06:51:59 AM »
Looks like there's a whole lot of dlc pools planned. I'm against these goddamn marketing strategy... Can't they just put everything inside a whole package, like good ol' times?
Anyways my long belief to this company is lost since today.

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2022, 07:38:46 AM »
i'm really worrying about steam version since iX2, when it was still at its day one, just f******g despised everybody in every region for its questionable pricing. I really don't want the same history happen twice in a row... Damn

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2022, 06:44:12 PM »
Should I write a fanfic about it

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2022, 04:26:39 PM »
Got to try out the PC demo.
The impression is just as I expected: Basic controls are dreadful and complex, packed with frustration. I must admit the teleport slash stuff has some good idea in it, but the execution is not that great.
Oh and if you for some reason don't want to slash enemies, then you don't have the necessary meter to switch to GV in order to do some levitation crossing large pits thus rendering a pacifist run not possible unlike previous games.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 04:37:01 PM by Aceearly1993 »

Offline nokundhi

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2022, 06:34:16 PM »
It's out on PC, but I'm not sure I want it right now after what I've heard and Inti's recent track record being subpar.

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2022, 07:05:48 PM »
So it's pretty clearly that the bad side of GV3 would continue to pollute future brand-new Inti Creates IPs until the end of the world. I gave up all hopes. This is so Dumb.

EDIT: I was so damn correct, everything is inside my prediction. The Gal Guardian game kinda flops.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 06:00:15 AM by Aceearly1993 »

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2023, 06:14:07 AM »
So I finally get a chance to fully experience the game beyond the demo. The warp slash mechanic is still very, VERY bad. It was so damn hard to aim even one static object for whatever goddamn reason it was designed so the scoring basically dies for me, effectively locking me out of those scoring-based achievements. What's left is a medicore, if not too generic platformer at best, packing with bosses tend to move and attack ridiculously fast.

OK and must also mention a fact here: the game is a potential "PC killer" as the PC version is optimized so badly that it crashes my PC to black screen twice. The game will throw performance problems in the midst of battles where any 2D-based game like it, really shouldn't have.

I really hope this series just end there and Inti Creates can move forward and make entirely new game franchises with much better combat system. CotM1 and BMZ series show they could do decent stuff.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 06:33:03 AM by Aceearly1993 »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2023, 09:31:14 AM »
I suppose you writing to them about this trainwreck won't really solve anything?
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: