Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Actrazor remake!  (Read 83 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: September 24, 2021, 06:17:31 PM »
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2021, 07:55:54 AM »
I did, am playing it. It's cool but building the first town was extremelly annoying to get through. The game just never stops throwing tutorials at you and halting your gameplay at every 5 seconds to say some dumb thing you already know how to do. Hopefully the next towns won't be as obnoxious.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2021, 10:36:57 PM »
The models don't look very good... :sob:

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 08:08:50 AM »
Yeah Ive seen it. Want to get it but not impressed with the visuals tho so will probably wait until I catch it on sale

Aridale Noblebrook Belmont

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 01:14:08 PM »
I grabbed it late last night.  I agree with all that's been said, modeling looks like a rushed, pre rendered fan game.  Tutorials slow the pace down to a crawl.  As much as i LOVE the original game, i'm having a hard time appreciating this one so far..
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 11:53:12 PM »
I've been playing this for a better part of the day, and despite a lot of the things I have some minor gripes with, I have to say I'm enjoying this remake.

(click to show/hide)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #6 on: Today at 12:54:10 AM »
Game Sack mentioned sprites are prerendered, and the Switch and Steam versions have issues with framerates, and the already mentioned endless tutorials that stop after the first town.

Tags:

anything