Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 586667 times)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #195 on: August 05, 2012, 12:33:08 PM »
Playing Lord of The Rings The Third Age for the ps2, however i find time, since my new job leaves me almost no time even to rest\sleep.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #196 on: August 05, 2012, 03:07:29 PM »
been playing King of Fighters XIII

Ahhh Mai(Hot), Yuri(Spunky and cute), and Athena(just pure cute) these three are,and they kick butt the reason why they are on my team :)

What is not cool is that the trials are crazy  I cannot do the combos on some of these trials for some reason  :(
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #197 on: August 05, 2012, 05:27:25 PM »
Even one of the pros (I think it was VesperArcade) thought the KoF XIII trials was one of the hardest set of trials. IIRC it has something to do with the execution being "literal", so to speak.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #198 on: August 05, 2012, 06:28:43 PM »
been playing King of Fighters XIII

Ahhh Mai(Hot), Yuri(Spunky and cute), and Athena(just pure cute) these three are,and they kick butt the reason why they are on my team :)

What is not cool is that the trials are crazy  I cannot do the combos on some of these trials for some reason  :(

I'm one of those rare guys that actually like the 3d ones. I was disappointed when they went back to pure 2d.

Offline Johnny Alucard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Shanoa x Monica OTP
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #199 on: August 05, 2012, 06:41:49 PM »
Just started playing Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance on Proud Mode.  I got to say I'm having a blast. The flow motion thing makes the game feel like Tony Hawk's Pro Skater or something. Plus the Dream Eaters are so cute.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #200 on: August 05, 2012, 07:45:35 PM »
@Kale Character balancing was pretty lopsided, and one of the more broken characters was pretty much an author avatar. (a freakin' anti-air reversal? Really, Falcoon?) Had it been more balanced, and the author favoritism less blatant, I'd have had no problem with the MI series.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 07:47:42 PM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #201 on: August 05, 2012, 09:28:32 PM »
I have KoF MI Lein is a okay in my book, my main in that game I believe was Leona. I recall her having pink hair as one of her alternates oh and Terry.... Crack Shot and Burning Knuckle  :)
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #202 on: August 06, 2012, 06:00:48 AM »
@Kale Character balancing was pretty lopsided, and one of the more broken characters was pretty much an author avatar. (a freakin' anti-air reversal? Really, Falcoon?) Had it been more balanced, and the author favoritism less blatant, I'd have had no problem with the MI series.

Dunno, a lot of complaints seemed to have been about how it didn't feel like KoF. But if it's that, seems more like a balance/ego problem than the game itself.

I don't really play fighters competitively, only for fun every now and then, so my views are probably pretty different than others.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #203 on: August 06, 2012, 08:52:59 AM »
What really affects me the most is the aforementioned ego problem. To put it into perspective, how much does a Mary-Sue OC in a fanfic annoy you?
^^

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #204 on: August 06, 2012, 11:32:31 AM »
uh.. huh?

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #206 on: August 06, 2012, 09:48:52 PM »
I'm playing some Bayonetta now. I love this game, and always keep coming back to it. It takes everything from Devil May Cry and kicks it up several notches. Never have I seen a more over-the-top game.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #208 on: August 06, 2012, 10:33:35 PM »
Yes, only Alba was more of a Gameplay Sue.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 10:36:43 PM by VladCT »
^^

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #209 on: August 08, 2012, 07:14:51 PM »
Beat "Akuji: The Heartless" yesterday. Decentish title but the gameplay was incredibly generic late 90s 3D platformer fare. And unless someone where a huge enthusiast of that genre or mega Richard Roundtree fan they'd likely find it boring. Roundtree was pretty good as Akuji though he definitely sounded older than the character was designed to be, and the guy who provided Akuji's "Haa!" and "hoo!" attack grunts. A very short adventure of average difficulty with a neat Voodoo theme and some annoying enemies. I don't regret spending the $6 on it but the people who paid $20+ back in the day got hosed.

Not sure what I'll play next. Just been relaxing with some CSS: Zombie Hell mod today.

Sweeeeet Trendy released the Jester character class in Dungeon Defenders to grab for free for a limited time to those who already owned the game. Excellent, I was expecting to pay another $3 or so for that. Made one and played an Insane-difficulty challenge map (using traps set up by other characters) so already got a very high level Damage Per Second character with the class lol.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 11:04:18 PM by Ratty »

Tags: