Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 592485 times)

Offline DraculaCronqvist

• Demon King
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I shall give you the answer along with your death!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #1470 on: June 06, 2017, 12:14:20 PM »
Far too many to count, since I play a lot of games at the same time, but the most important ones would be FFXIV, FFXV, Mobius Final Fantasy, Lecarde Chronicles 2, YGO Legacy of the Duelist, Walking Dead Season 3, Zelda Breath of the Wild and, of course, replaying all Castlevania games I own.
"It's not that I don't love to run into the heart of danger... Actually, that's exactly it."
"Individualism is a path fraught with obstacles, and sometimes angry mobs, but for all its hardships it is the only one worth taking."

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #1471 on: June 06, 2017, 06:02:39 PM »
Purchased Steam version of The Legend of Dark Witch 1&2, and returned to them after a full journey of Lecarde Chronicles 2. The first Dark Witch has some really great pieces of music (06.Freesia as an example), amazing combination of Gradius and Mega Man, OK voice acting, but final level is cruelly unforgiving (No life refills in Normal difficulty after beaten a boss! Reminds me of Mega Man ZX-level of unforgiving!)
But I didn't like the second game that much for some reason. Lack of variation from first game, sub weapons are not useful at all, and there may have other reasons for that.

(PS Vita is the best console to play Dark Witch series - perfect screen ratio. Steam version has fatal quirk of key config, and the second game is not on Vita...Damn it!)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 06:07:51 PM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1472 on: June 06, 2017, 11:53:40 PM »
@JR: How are the honey badgers?

Haha, they're adorable. They're cute when they pounce on Ajay and he pulls them off of him, and they're just swinging at air. I can't stay mad at them when they kill me. (Unlike yaks and rhinos, which seem to stunlock you to oblivion when there's more than one attacking...)
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1473 on: June 07, 2017, 12:18:01 AM »
JR@

Oh, I get absolutely livid when developers force you to make certain choices that literally step on your own morals. It's f**king stupid of them. Especially if all the choices revolve around going against what you want out of the game. What you want to see happen in the game. I don't know why they do this. Maybe they're secretly on the lookout for the next kid criminal or something. Just stupid of them. At least in reality there's always more then two choices to be made. Like Captain Kirk had said in Operation: Annihilate; "I want that third alternative!" Damned straight  8)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline redrum

• Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #1474 on: June 07, 2017, 03:10:16 PM »

also been playing outland lately on my z-box.  it's a very nice looking metroidvania-type with light/shadow mechanics reminiscent of lords of shadow.  other than that, i don't know much about it, but it's turning out to be a really, really good game.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1475 on: June 08, 2017, 01:53:47 AM »
JR@

Oh, I get absolutely livid when developers force you to make certain choices that literally step on your own morals. It's f**king stupid of them. Especially if all the choices revolve around going against what you want out of the game. What you want to see happen in the game. I don't know why they do this. Maybe they're secretly on the lookout for the next kid criminal or something. Just stupid of them. At least in reality there's always more then two choices to be made. Like Captain Kirk had said in Operation: Annihilate; "I want that third alternative!" Damned straight  8)

It just makes me shake my head when you're given two horrible choices in a game. It's like the developers wanted to be thought-provoking, but this kind of situation is just so played out now. It makes me think to myself, 'oh boy, here we go again...'

also been playing outland lately on my z-box.  it's a very nice looking metroidvania-type with light/shadow mechanics reminiscent of lords of shadow.  other than that, i don't know much about it, but it's turning out to be a really, really good game.

I have to get back to this one sometime. I got about an hour or so in, but then just quit for whatever reason.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline redrum

• Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #1476 on: June 08, 2017, 11:32:54 AM »
i'm probably an hour or two in and it starts getting really good once you get both the dark & light powers.
a well-crafted platformer with sort of a bullet hell idea going on with it?  i dunno but it's quite fun.

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #1477 on: August 05, 2017, 03:23:48 PM »
Cleared arcade mode in every game in Street Fighter Collection 1 & 2. The remixed music mode in collection 2 definitely has better voice acting (?) than the remixed music mode in NS version according to demonstration videos on youtube, IMO
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 03:25:24 PM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1478 on: August 06, 2017, 12:50:49 AM »
Playing Wolfenstein for PS3 (the one that came out before The New Order). Fairly decent, although the depiction of BJ Blazkowicz in this one is a bit jarring after playing the most recent two titles.

The collecting is starting to drive me nuts, though. I'm on my second run of that stage where you have to get the big guy to run into the pillars, and I've (again) missed some items that I can't go back and collect, which means I have to play the level a third time. Ugh. I'm going to have to resort to using a guide now. Other than that I like it, though.

Also played some Downwell since it's free on PS Plus this month. Pretty fun, haven't spent much time with it yet, though.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1479 on: August 11, 2017, 05:40:51 PM »
Playing Wolfenstein for PS3 (the one that came out before The New Order). Fairly decent, although the depiction of BJ Blazkowicz in this one is a bit jarring after playing the most recent two titles.

Played this game but never did finish it. I felt it was just too long and I lost interest in it. I was able to finish New Order since it wasn't nearly as long, that and I wanted to see where the story was going if not for seeing BJ knocking up his nurse lover  :-[

I've downloaded and played through Y's Origins several times already. It's a rather interesting game in many ways. The three characters you play all have their own stories that occasionally interconnect. And it is also interesting to see the origins of some of the items and weapons Adol eventually acquires, appear in this game. I particularly liked Yunica Tovah's character. In many ways she reminds me of Adol. It wouldn't surprise me if she were a previous incarnation of Adol's future character. Though her hair is not nearly as red as his, she has those same clear black eyes and determination to see the mission through.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1480 on: August 11, 2017, 07:22:25 PM »
Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 - Great emulation this time around, and the checkpoint system allows you to fix a mistake or even beat wily stages at your own pace.
------------

Sonic Mania - VERY SOON.
Ys SEVEN - At the end of the month, Soon.
Ys VIII - Soon-ish.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1481 on: August 11, 2017, 07:51:48 PM »
Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 - Great emulation this time around, and the checkpoint system allows you to fix a mistake or even beat wily stages at your own pace

The only reason I'd get Legacy 2 is for 8, which is possibly my favourite mm game of all time, side by side with 2. Unfortunately I already have 9 & 10 and I don't really care much for 7. 
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline redrum

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1482 on: August 11, 2017, 08:29:29 PM »
playing Crystalis on the GBC.
i've never gotten all the way through it, but i've heard the GBC version is more "complete" somehow?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1483 on: August 11, 2017, 11:50:03 PM »
playing Crystalis on the GBC.
i've never gotten all the way through it, but i've heard the GBC version is more "complete" somehow?

I gave the GBC version a try when it was lent to me by my bro's friend. I only played snippets of the original NES title so I cannot draw a comparison as to which is more complete in terms of story, etc. Overall it was a good game on its own.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #1484 on: August 13, 2017, 10:58:17 PM »
I gave the GBC version a try when it was lent to me by my bro's friend. I only played snippets of the original NES title so I cannot draw a comparison as to which is more complete in terms of story, etc. Overall it was a good game on its own.

I've never heard anything about completeness but if I recall correctly the GBC and NES games have -completely- different storylines. Not a translation thing they just rewrote the storyline for the GBC. Maybe the original "God Slayer: Sonata of the Far Away Sky" (as it was called in Japan) name and story were too controversial or cliche by the time the GBC port was made, I don't know.

Also woo 100 pages \o/

Tags: