Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What ever happened to *that* Dungeonite?  (Read 106366 times)

Offline Johnny

• Hidden Character
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Change is inevitable.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
Re: What ever happened to *that* Dungeonite?
« Reply #180 on: September 14, 2013, 08:54:00 PM »
Years ago. I don't even remember when I last posted. I believe I was permabanned by Sindra in ICVD Forums and then I dunno here I just kind of stopped posting. It was probably for the best. The odd part is out of every screen name I used they always recognized me as Byron (not even sure why I probably used KrimsonMoon and Toxizen far more often than Byron). I think from the very day I signed up many people couldn't stand me and what I couldn't understand was that no matter what I did and said it wouldn't change though I was stupid enough to try to be liked anyways. When I couldn't get that and my feelings got hurt I turned into a complete basket case. There were a few people in the interim who actually liked talking to me and were friendly with me like Jorge for example however I drove them away by pissing and moaning about: the people who didn't like me, all the issues I felt the dungeon had and/or how unfair some situations were. All in all I never got it then but I get it now that it was all insignificant and nothing I should have cared about. Was nothing I could fathom then but now I realized that who cares about those who bear grudges and refuse to get to know me, why be angry about it and let them matter and change me as a person. But it takes a lot of mistakes to get to the right answer and I'm still learning. Can't claim to be perfect but I also can't please everyone either. I don't care who likes me and who doesn't nowadays. If I came here this time solely to try to make friends and please people it will be just as much a failed endeavor as all the previous times. I'm just here for some interesting conversation. If I meet a few cool people who want to talk more along the way I'm more than open to that. But I won't go begging anyone anymore to like me nor will I bear grudges or whine about those who continue to have ill will towards me.

Considering that in the present day those who seems to hold everlasting contempt for me really don't come here and even if they did I believe Jorge has even less tolerance for the immature grade school behavior then he did then so I doubt I'd have to worry about people showing up with virtual pitchforks and torches going "GTFO!".

All in all I made my mistakes, they made theirs but I am finally owning up to mine. No apologies, no "please like mes", no spitework, whining, none of that anymore from me. I was an imbecile then and I deserve to suffer the consequences of that. Plain and simple. Looking back at some of my posts even makes me very angry at myself for acting the way I did and makes me think if I were them I'd probably troll me too. I was pretty much asking for it.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 09:07:22 PM by Johnny »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #181 on: September 15, 2013, 12:47:50 AM »
The best thing you can do now is simply 'be yourself' and have fun along the way.

P.S. Welcome back to the Dungeon Johnny. I'd almost forgot my welcome mat.  ;)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Johnny

• Hidden Character
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Change is inevitable.
    • Awards
« Reply #182 on: September 15, 2013, 12:52:06 AM »
The best thing you can do now is simply 'be yourself' and have fun along the way.

P.S. Welcome back to the Dungeon Johnny. I'd almost forgot my welcome mat.  ;)

Thanks man :)

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #183 on: September 15, 2013, 01:28:06 AM »
I wonder if DaMunchy from the EZWhore was Munchy in later incarnations of the boards. That's a dude I haven't seen in awhile unless I missed something.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 01:30:04 AM by Bloodreign »

Offline Johnny

• Hidden Character
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Change is inevitable.
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: September 15, 2013, 01:36:29 AM »
I will say its kind of amazing to see how things have kinda changed but not really. Its like what would happen if the Children of the Corn grew up. (For the record, I do not nor have I ever dug the nose out of a voodoo doll and caused someone's nose to become a fountain of blood.....just sayin') All of a sudden the angry red haired kid you knew years ago turns into Gossamer from Looney Tunes. Kinda crazy in a way. Then there's all those people where you wonder if they are ok and doing well.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 02:06:50 AM by Johnny »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #185 on: September 15, 2013, 05:21:10 AM »
That ezboard link is the most embarrassing thing ever. FEEL MY ANGST!

Props for finding an actual archive of the place. All links I've tried returned as errors.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #186 on: September 15, 2013, 06:19:13 AM »
+1
   Stupid Crap/Wall o' Shame
Some topics are just too stupid to continue existing in the regular forums. Such posts are moved here, to ponder to just what exactly the original poster was thinking.

I absolutely adore that it had as many posts as CV discussion.

http://web.archive.org/web/20010524133253/http://pub18.ezboard.com/fthecastlevaniadungeonfrm2.showMessage?topicID=2704.topic

I hope people still aren't fudging Freak-kun lest they get fudged back.

I wonder if DaMunchy from the EZWhore was Munchy in later incarnations of the boards. That's a dude I haven't seen in awhile unless I missed something.

Do you remember Nightmare from the chapel boards? I always wondered if he was Nightmare77 that used to post here ages ago. They're both from Iran, and Nightmare gets pretty coy about it when I ask him.

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #187 on: September 15, 2013, 09:19:33 AM »
Well she is a fan of Bondage Fairies so it's to be expected. As for Think Tank I'm also curious. I can't remember when his last post was...over a year ago? Maybe more?

I don't believe it's been a year as of yet, but he did come back momentarily to update the map thread.

Maybe if you wish hard enough he'll make his icon Mother Brain again (it's an obsessive-compulsive thing I have).
(click to show/hide)

Offline Johnny

• Hidden Character
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Change is inevitable.
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: September 15, 2013, 10:14:00 AM »
That ezboard link is the most embarrassing thing ever. FEEL MY ANGST!

Props for finding an actual archive of the place. All links I've tried returned as errors.

hah Embarrassing for you, mortifying for me (and it gets worse reading through my old ICVD Forum threads). Yeah I don't know what it is with archive and forums. Some threads show while most don't. It won't even show the Stupid Crap Forum though perhaps that's a good thing in my case.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #189 on: September 15, 2013, 11:55:52 AM »
For many of us it was an honor to be in the Stupid Crap forum.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #190 on: September 15, 2013, 01:44:31 PM »
Do you remember Nightmare from the chapel boards? I always wondered if he was Nightmare77 that used to post here ages ago. They're both from Iran, and Nightmare gets pretty coy about it when I ask him.

Yeah I do remember the name, but I don't know if they posted here that many years ago, I remember I popped up here late 2001, early 2002, maybe a little earlier.

Offline Johnny

• Hidden Character
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Change is inevitable.
    • Awards
« Reply #191 on: September 15, 2013, 04:49:41 PM »
For many of us it was an honor to be in the Stupid Crap forum.

Well I think any kind of negative reaction from the mods and admins around that time gave you some kind of cred of sorts (if people deemed it funny or amusing that is). People actually were proud of getting PJK and Kurt so aggravated to the point of getting banned or having their threads deleted or locked.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #192 on: September 16, 2013, 01:47:17 PM »
Good try, but saving them shows when they have been created, aka when they have been taken.
That depends. My mom's camera messes up the date all the time.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Johnny

• Hidden Character
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Change is inevitable.
    • Awards
« Reply #193 on: September 16, 2013, 02:22:02 PM »
Oh and if anyone wants to take a look at the old CV Dungeon of 1999:

Castlevania Dungeon 1999

Also another site Kurt did called Contra HQ

Contra HQ
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 02:41:50 PM by Johnny »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #194 on: September 16, 2013, 03:06:34 PM »
The Dungeon should have kept its super '90s design. It looks like stale bullshit now.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags: