Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What ever happened to *that* Dungeonite?  (Read 107556 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Re: What ever happened to *that* Dungeonite?
« Reply #210 on: September 16, 2013, 08:44:57 PM »
+1
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #211 on: September 16, 2013, 08:53:41 PM »
+1
Can we start hazing people again?

Nope. It would be a big deterrent for people to join the community.
The active users are only a few and I don't want to see it become lesser than that.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #212 on: September 16, 2013, 09:42:05 PM »
+1
Wait. It's a trap!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 09:55:03 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #213 on: September 16, 2013, 11:10:39 PM »
If you thought the EZWhore was hard to get rid of banned posters on, then you don't really remember the Forumplanet days. It was damned near impossible to keep ANYONE out due to their shitty ban system gah. I'm glad Forumplanets dead, and for good reason.

Also Johnny/Byron I have to agree with Jorge big time here, let it go man. New time, new era, fresh start remember?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 11:12:22 PM by Bloodreign »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #214 on: September 17, 2013, 05:10:12 AM »
+2
Urgh... Forumplanet....
Their 'ban system' was not even a slap on the wrist, it was more like a 'good job' handshake.
The fact that it would erase itself after a while was appalling.

"What happened to our 200+ member banlist?"
"It's... gone... just GONE"

Of course, I never let you guys know that. :P
But it was one of the reasons people like Mad Cthulhu kept on crawling back every once in a while.

Our current system is better, and more secure.  While it's not perfect, it's pretty great.  And the current moderation team (old and new) has been doing a smashing great job.  Of course, the fact that the forum members are more or less a civilized bunch helps greatly.  Good job, everyone!
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #215 on: September 17, 2013, 05:41:13 AM »
And like it's banlist, Forumplanet is gone....forever.

*bans Forumplanet to the furthest reaches of hell for eternity*

And no not Forumplanet hell either, or else it would disappear and Forumplanet would resurrect again time and time again.

Offline Johnny

• Hidden Character
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Change is inevitable.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #216 on: September 17, 2013, 07:04:08 AM »
Ok fair enough. Jorge, Bloodreign you guys are right.

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #217 on: September 17, 2013, 02:12:53 PM »
So, uh... where's that Diplocephalus?
(click to show/hide)

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #218 on: September 17, 2013, 04:35:09 PM »
+1
Posting on 4chan.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #219 on: September 17, 2013, 06:45:34 PM »
Posting on 4chan.

How do you know that, you are on 4chan too?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
« Reply #220 on: September 17, 2013, 07:28:56 PM »
Because I'm on a skype channel with him and other dungeon expats and he's pretty clear that he goes to 4chan for all his humor needs. He still thinks pedobear is funny and relevant and uses "epic" to describe anything vaguely interesting.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #221 on: September 17, 2013, 07:52:24 PM »
Dungeonites meet on skype? I dont have a skype from anyone from here... :(
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #222 on: September 19, 2013, 09:38:00 AM »
I'm so infrequent here I just tend to assume that most of the new people are just older Dungeonites with name swaps.

Such is the state of HG101.

Highwind went on a bit of a hiatus in June I believe. Then he came back and posted a few times. His last post I think was almost four weeks ago..? I'm not sure. But I think he might be lurking around even now.

I encouraged a friend (Frettchen) to join the forum a while back that had a mildly-unpleasant experience, being downvoted on all of her posts—didn't stay.

I got curious around the time votes stopped being anonymous and backtracked to find out that Highwind was doing it. The posts didn't warrant anything. I remember one of them was just "Thanks for the welcome; Lashen invited me here." or something to that effect.

To the best of my knowledge they never interacted (she only had a few posts), and the only time I ever spoke to him myself was through PM when he was encouraging me to post in the Villa. I declined very politely with a maybe; I remember no tension or conflict.

Anyway, I'm 99% confident there was no reason for it, so if he just... had a thing for downvoting people randomly then maybe that's why he's been gone for a while. (I have NO idea if he did that to any one else though, so please take that with a grain of salt.)

Weird story, I know.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 01:00:26 PM by Lashen »
(click to show/hide)

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
    • Awards
« Reply #223 on: September 19, 2013, 02:26:35 PM »
Nah, he went back to downvote me, thesilverlord, and Nagumo too. I was dumb enough to respond in kind, but whatever. He was always immature.

He also downvoted  Jorge once which made me laugh hard.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
    • Awards
« Reply #224 on: September 19, 2013, 02:29:37 PM »
Nope. It would be a big deterrent for people to join the community.
The active users are only a few and I don't want to see it become lesser than that.

Did you really think I was being remotely serious?

Tags:

anything