Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Super Mario Bros Crossover 3.0 released  (Read 11108 times)

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: August 04, 2013, 05:32:50 AM »
+1
http://www.explodingrabbit.com/games/super-mario-bros-crossover

This FTP's come a long way since 2010. You can now play a whole new set of levels based off Super Mario Bros. Special, as well as access a slew of new skins for every major character.

On the Vania side of things, Simon gets a Richter skin with accompanying soundtrack change. There are also skins for the common Skeleton and (weirdly but awesomely) Alex of River City Ransom.  You can also change the game to a Castlevania skin for that extra touch.

If you've played previous versions of SMBC before, it's worth checking out again now. And if you haven't... well, get to it!  :)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Super Mario Bros Crossover 3.0 released
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 09:47:32 AM »
I loved playing Super Mario Bros Crossover. I usually go with Bill Rizor and spread gun my way through the game. The only thing that bugs me is that there is no download link. I'd rather not have to fire up the internet every time in order to just play the game.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 03:15:38 PM »
+1
I loved playing Super Mario Bros Crossover. I usually go with Bill Rizor and spread gun my way through the game. The only thing that bugs me is that there is no download link. I'd rather not have to fire up the internet every time in order to just play the game.

You can simply download the .swf file and play it even without internet in your browser.

edit: X, I've noticed that they even give a direct download link to their .swf, you dont even need to search in their source code anymore.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 04:45:33 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 05:08:42 PM »
I'll check it out, thanks!
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 05:27:27 PM »
You're welcome, at least in the past this worked like a charm, I only needed to search their source code since they didnt gave a direct link in the open, like they do now, tell me how it works for you :)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 05:57:48 PM »

I play Bill myself when I want a no-holds-barred run n' gun fiesta.

I have a hard time with Link though, and I've yet to do a full playthrough as him.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 04:12:28 AM »
The Contra boys are great for exploring the SMBS levels too!

Now something that should be mentioned is that they added an assload of options to customize your play through. One of the best for me is the ability to adjust the amount of damage the characters do. I always thought it was a bit wierd that a goomba takes multiple bullets to kill so now when I play with Bill I just turn the damage up. Another thing I liked is that you can choose the number of starting lives. I like turning it down to one to make collecting coins a smidge more important.

Speaking of coins it seems like the SMBS levels have less coins compared to SMB1, but the bonus rooms tend to have loads of coins which is a good balance, I think.
"Stuff and things."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 09:42:32 AM »
You can simply download the .swf file and play it even without internet in your browser.

edit: X, I've noticed that they even give a direct download link to their .swf, you dont even need to search in their source code anymore.

I can't download the game. It's stored on a site that requires me to sign up and I really don't want to do that for just one download. I'd wish they'd use Mediafire or something else that's always accessible.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2013, 02:58:55 PM »
X, I think that you are searching in the wrong place, you can download it directly without any sign up or login in this site: http://www.explodingrabbit.com/games/super-mario-bros-crossover

You go here and TA-DAM! Download time ;D

In any case, there is the same link that appears in this page, in the case that they edit it sometime soon: http://www.explodingrabbit.com/media/flash/SmbcPreloader.swf

You then drag this .swf file to your browser and it opens the game.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2013, 05:42:44 PM »
Thanks a lot Lelygax! And I was looking in the wrong place. But that's what happens when there's a big green download icon on the webpage. It just throws things off.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2013, 06:52:53 PM »
I think it was an advertisement, thats one of the reasons that I use adblock plus.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags: