Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: 3DS vs Vita (Nintendo vs Sony) Thread  (Read 10288 times)

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: 3DS vs Vita (Nintendo vs Sony) Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2013, 07:06:57 AM »
I have a 3DSXL, and the only games I have for it are CV Mirror of Fate, Zelda Ocarina of Time, and Resident Evil Revelations.  There's really nothing else out yet that interests me, except maybe NSMB2.  The thing I hate most about my 3DS is that there's still not much available in the online shop, and there's no way to swap my downloads from my DSiXL over to my 3DS.  That last one is inexcusable, IMO.

I don't have a Vita yet, since there's nothing on it yet that I would buy one to play.  I'm moderately interested in Gravity Rush and Uncharted Golden Abyss.

So far I'm let down by both systems.  I had far more fun with my DS and PSP by this point in their run.  I judge a system by its games, and there just isn't much good stuff for either platform yet.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2013, 07:26:45 AM »
Also maybe this will help a lot in sells:

DanganRonpa 1&2 Reload - First Trailer HD (PS Vita)

For now this image defines Vita future if they dont improve their sells
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 07:34:35 AM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2013, 12:24:15 AM »
So far I'm let down by both systems.  I had far more fun with my DS and PSP by this point in their run.  I judge a system by its games, and there just isn't much good stuff for either platform yet.

Yeah, me too. My 3DSXL is sleeping in its box. There aren't much games for both systems that are coming to my country.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2013, 02:38:01 AM »
PFG, there's a transfer tool that allows you to move DSi games to the 3DS; however, like with the Wii to Wii U transfer, it deletes the games off the original system. I haven't done it because DS/DSiWare games look better on the DSi XL than on the 3DS XL (due to screen resolution).
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2013, 10:11:48 AM »
So this debate's been alive all along and I hadn't even noticed.

Again, we're getting into the "3DS/Vita has more/better games" argument. But a console has little power over the games it offers. Nintendo or Sony can't do much else other than greenlighting a project -- for the rest, it's up to the developers to make a title shine. And both handhelds are at the very beginning of their life spans; few games have yet been released.

This whole thread has been going in circles, and that's inherent to the topic. How do you evaluate a console? By its technical specifications? By its individual performance? Not really, because a console can only be as good as the games it hosts. Should it, then, be evaluated according to its games, its media, its content? Not really, because those who made the content didn't make the console.
So we'll never get anywhere.

What we might be interested in, though, even is how the 3DS's and Vita's particularities affect the games themselves. # of screens, 3D effects, touch, processing power, analog sticks, etc. We could even look at game-unrelated material: digital libraries, alternative functions, etc.

Also maybe this will help a lot in sells:

DanganRonpa 1&2 Reload - First Trailer HD (PS Vita)
I've never heard of this game, and I don't think it's very highly publicized on this side of the globe. So I'm not sure how it would help as much in sales (I might be wrong, though).
Economical considerations aside, I have one question: what is it?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 10:15:29 AM by Intersection »
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2013, 06:42:38 PM »
PFG, there's a transfer tool that allows you to move DSi games to the 3DS; however, like with the Wii to Wii U transfer, it deletes the games off the original system. I haven't done it because DS/DSiWare games look better on the DSi XL than on the 3DS XL (due to screen resolution).
Wow.  I had no idea that existed, I'll have to get my hands on one.  And just like that, one of my complaints is gone.  Thank you for the heads-up!  I wouldn't expect them to let you keep the game on more than one system at a time, as that would defeat the purpose of downloadable games, so that part doesn't bother me.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2013, 07:55:25 PM »
So I actually picked up a copy of Murumasa Rebirth on Vita today. Holy crap this game is incredible. I can't put it down. I'll definitely be getting Dragon's Crown after this. If anybody on this thread decides to pick up a Vita, maybe we can play the multi-player together! Or you can get it on the PS3, because the new patch is going to allow PS3 to Vita cross play.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2013, 09:05:30 PM »
Thats the better part about this thread, we can learn about good games :D
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags: nintendo Sony psx vita 3DS PSP Wii Wii U Ps4 Ps3 

anything