Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Carpathian Night Starring Bela Lugosi  (Read 104054 times)

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Carpathian Night - Halloween 2019 Demo now available!
« Reply #165 on: September 02, 2020, 04:56:38 AM »
DOPE reference images. Thanks a lot!

Offline Zydalc

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #166 on: September 02, 2020, 10:33:15 AM »
DOPE reference images. Thanks a lot!

You're welcome, well I guess I'm hoping for Dracula to appear in a full suit of black armor with the Order of the Dragon Symbol on it's chest plate or something.

Another thing according to Stoker's notes that Dracula can also change his size at will meaning he can appear very tall, menacing and imposing as Mathias Dracula was in the Castlevania series therefore players can a have a better detailed look on his sprite.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0228814294/?coliid=I1B8U8VAHXRNDS&colid=3N8HM7HAGAQT9&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 10:42:43 AM by Zydalc »

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #167 on: September 11, 2020, 07:27:37 AM »
The battle against Dracula begins long before the castle gates-first you must traverse the horrors of the Borgo Pass.

Below is a preview of our level select screen for the opening act of Carpathian Night, the Borgo Pass. As the player, you will be able to freely choose which level to play, as long as you have unlocked it. If you missed any of the secret items, hidden lore, or hidden passages within a level, you can always simply return and replay at any time.
(click to show/hide)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #168 on: September 11, 2020, 09:23:38 AM »
That image looks like a classic arcade screenshot!
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #169 on: September 15, 2020, 12:44:51 PM »
Twitch and YouTube update!

For those interested in some behind the scenes look at the development of Carpathian Night, we will begin streaming game development sessions on Twitch starting in October. As always, I will be happy to discuss any aspect of the game, and its sources of inspiration, with anyone watching the stream. I will try to make the experience interactive, so be sure to drop by once we finalize our schedule. I will be the host, but I do plan on rotating in other members of the team onto the stream as well.

For those of you who can't fit the stream into your schedule, we also plan on posting short development vlogs on YouTube as well.

More info coming soon!

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
Re: Carpathian Night - Some legends refuse to die....
« Reply #170 on: September 22, 2020, 06:20:08 PM »
Transylvania - 1451.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Zydalc

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #171 on: September 28, 2020, 10:38:32 PM »
So that means we're playing as a Vampire in this game?

Also I wonder if we're going to fight demons and mythological creatures just like the Castlevania games assuming Dracula also has control over the forces of hell due to being the "Prince of Darkness"?

I guess it also means once we reach inside the Castle we're going to fight the undead usurpers that Dracula slaughtered and resurrected as bosses? Also what about battling the Weird Sisters/Brides as well?

Also I wonder if you got that book I've linked which details about Dracula's powers and weaknesses which can be implemented in this game?

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #172 on: September 29, 2020, 08:01:10 AM »
So that means we're playing as a Vampire in this game?
If you choose to play as Irina, yes. In place of subweapons, each of the two playable characters will have a distinct set of special abilities, Irina's reflecting her vampiric powers and previous training in Scholomance, while Abbot Dorin will conjure miracles and other types of blessed/holy magic.

Also I wonder if we're going to fight demons and mythological creatures just like the Castlevania games assuming Dracula also has control over the forces of hell due to being the "Prince of Darkness"?

The monster lineup will be quite varied. Demons in particular would represent the Conjuration school of Scholomance, but there will be many other foes that represent the other five schools. So the school of Necromancy will represent Necromancers, skeletons, zombies, vampires etc. while the Shape Shifting school will represent werewolves, werebears, and were-anything else. Some monsters will be a combination of multiple schools, such as the Lych being a combination of Witchcraft and Necromancy. Dracula in particular will be a crossover of all six schools of Scholomance, since he alone has mastered all six of the dark arts.

This game is also a tribute to classic horror cinema, so we hope to work in some of those monster icons into this game as well.

I guess it also means once we reach inside the Castle we're going to fight the undead usurpers that Dracula slaughtered and resurrected as bosses? Also what about battling the Weird Sisters/Brides as well?
8)

Also I wonder if you got that book I've linked which details about Dracula's powers and weaknesses which can be implemented in this game?
I do have a lot of reference material, and I did plan to include this book into my collection as well. Whatever is canon in Bram Stoker's novel for Dracula's abilities is fair game as far as which abilities he will use against you when you battle him.

Since Dracula's powers are so varied, we do intend to have more than one battle against him in this game... at least two.

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #173 on: October 28, 2020, 05:40:44 AM »
Updates!

Progress on the Steam demo is going well. This next demo will be our final demo, but it will be the best yet.

Playable Levels:
Borgo Ruins I (updated from 2019 demo)
Underground Passage (new)
Borgo Ruins II (new)

I also plan on adding the "Wicked" version of each of these levels, for a total of six levels.

Other features:

Lore Pages: There are pages of lore hidden throughout each level. We plan to include 12 hidden pages in this demo.

Languages: The demo will include English and Spanish options, possibly more.

Level Select Screen: As demonstrated above, the player will be able to navigate a level select map.
(click to show/hide)

Rating System: Your performance for each level will be graded and shown at the end of each level. You can always replay levels to improve your rating.
(click to show/hide)

Dorin and Irina playable : Both characters will be playable for this demo.

Skill Unlock System : In place of subweapon pickups, you will be able to unlock special attacks and equip your preferred skill at any time. We will also include new special attacks for each hero.

Save feature: You can now save your progress, and the demo's % complete will be displayed on that save file entry, similar to how Rondo keeps tracks of your % completed

Difficulty Levels: When creating a new game, you can select a difficulty level. However, it cannot be changed after the save file is created.
Easy - Enemies do half damage, health pickup values x2
Normal - Difficulty seen in previous demos, the default.
Hard - Enemies do x2 damage, health pickup values / 2
One Hit - You die from a single hit from any enemy or hazard

Music: This demo will contain new tracks that have not been shown before

Other Updates:
Rebalancing some of the monster behavior
Playable Characters move a bit faster
Environmental art updates

Twitch
We finally got our Twitch setup ready, but we have not started streaming yet. We are currently at 0 followers, so I encourage you to follow us!

https://www.twitch.tv/tezcatek

As mentioned above, we plan for this to be the final demo. After this demo is released, the next big release will be Early Access, which will include the entire Borgo Pass section of the game. The Early Access build will not be too far off, as we have a lot of the levels for it already done.

I apologize for the long wait between updates, but we want the Steam demo to be as good as it can possibly be, because we plan on looking for a publishing partner or starting a crowdfunding campaign, which would boost development speed significantly. Thank you for your patience and stay tuned!

Offline Zydalc

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #174 on: October 31, 2020, 08:15:31 PM »
I was wondering if you could make the game very gory as Blasphemous was?

Like for example gory death animations for the enemies, fatalities, etc?

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #175 on: November 02, 2020, 08:11:54 AM »
I was wondering if you could make the game very gory as Blasphemous was?

Like for example gory death animations for the enemies, fatalities, etc?

We want to avoid an M rating from the ESRB, so that would be unlikely. We do intent to spruce up our monster death animations, because we feel they are a bit plain at the moment, but we won't go into fatality territory. When we demoed CN at conventions, people of all ages lined up to play through the demo. We wish to maintain the wider appeal the game currently has, especially considering that I have very fond memories of discovering Castlevania as a kid back in the NES days.

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #176 on: December 09, 2020, 01:20:56 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #177 on: December 31, 2020, 11:33:37 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #178 on: January 21, 2021, 09:59:29 AM »
Carpathian Night Steam page is up! Wishlist and follow as we prepare the next demo build!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1445740/Carpathian_Night/

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #179 on: January 22, 2021, 08:25:13 AM »
Development Update video is up!

https://youtu.be/Mv3LZ4ui4lM

We moved to this new youtube channel, so be sure to subscribe!

Tags: