Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Carpathian Night Starring Bela Lugosi  (Read 104024 times)

Offline Zydalc

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Re: Carpathian Night - Some legends refuse to die....
« Reply #180 on: January 22, 2021, 01:14:59 PM »
Development Update video is up!

https://youtu.be/Mv3LZ4ui4lM

We moved to this new youtube channel, so be sure to subscribe!

In 1:28 in the video, that's still the typical Hamiltion Deane/Bela Lugosi Dracula and not how he's actually described in the book.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #181 on: January 22, 2021, 01:54:04 PM »
Carpathian Night Steam page is up! Wishlist and follow as we prepare the next demo build!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1445740/Carpathian_Night/

Neat!  I’ll wishlist it as soon as I get home!

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #182 on: January 22, 2021, 03:05:45 PM »
In 1:28 in the video, that's still the typical Hamiltion Deane/Bela Lugosi Dracula and not how he's actually described in the book.

Our Dracula isn't finalized, this is our current placeholder.

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #183 on: February 16, 2021, 08:05:58 AM »
Irina Dracul
(click to show/hide)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: February 16, 2021, 09:13:58 AM »
Oooo, nice  ;)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Zydalc

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #185 on: February 18, 2021, 12:43:24 AM »
I actually quote disagree to call vampirism objectively a 'curse' which the brand from the Scholomance actually isn't where it's just a easier way to achieve immortality via cheating mortal death and raising from the dead I would assume and plus they have the "best verson" and most powerful forms of vampirism available as well compared to others.

The whole "curse" narrative is just a modern day vampire invention from Anne Rice and VtM with "woe is me" angst although it was originally a perspective like Varney the Vampire for example viewed his to be such hence why the light of the full moon keeps resurrecting him for example where the universe wants him alive to pay for his crimes well just like Lord Ruthven similarly enough who instead revels in his murderous habits with women.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 12:49:49 AM by Zydalc »

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #186 on: February 18, 2021, 06:58:20 AM »
The use of "curse" in my wording doesn't have much significance outside of trying to keep a dark tone running throughout the paragraph.

To be more specific for our in-game lore, there are three types of vampires.

1) Vampires - These are the weakest type, and are created by other vampires. Their mind can be manipulated and controlled by their master, if the vampire that created them is sufficiently capable. These vampires are basically minions and slaves to other vampires.

2) Greater Vampires - Irina Dracul is a greater vampire. These vampires are much stronger and capable than regular vampires, but they can only be created by Satan himself. Just like the devil carefully hand picks those worthy of studying at Scholomance, the devil is equally selective at deciding who to bestow these powers upon. Hard requirements aren't explicitly stated anywhere, but those who have been transformed into greater vampires are usually people who are wealthy and powerful, adept and dedicated to the dark arts, and committed to spreading the influence of the devil throughout the world. Greater vampires answer only to the devil himself, and the devil's greatest ally, the Lord of the Vampires. 

3) Lord of the Vampires - There is only one Lord of the Vampires at any time. The only beings that can achieve this form are greater vampires that have earned the title of "Keeper" within Scholomance. The keeper student of each class is the student that has achieved greater mastery over the dark arts than any of his peers. However, the keeper is not required to become Lord of the Vampires - for the only way to earn the title is to challenge and kill the current Lord of the Vampires. Only keeper students have the ability to challenge the current Lord. What else differentiates Lord from a greater vampire? Only the Lord of the Vampires has command over the army of the dead, an army that grows stronger as it spreads and is reinforced by demons from hell.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 07:01:44 AM by VladOfWallachia »

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #187 on: March 09, 2021, 06:44:44 AM »
Quick update.

I'll be doing Twitch streaming of CN Development several days per week now. I haven't finalized what time of the day I'll be doing it, but I'm going to experiment this week. I'll be on around 1:00pm US Central time.
https://www.twitch.tv/tezcatek

Also, we are moving forward with attempting a Kickstarter campaign. I'll ask for feedback from you guys before it goes live, because I don't have experience with crowdfunding and I need all the feedback I can get. A lot of work goes into making these campaigns, so launch is planned for three months from now.

As for the demo, sorry about the wait, but it will certainly be ready long before the Kickstarter, as it will be a fundamental part of the campaign.

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: March 12, 2021, 08:58:17 AM »

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #189 on: March 12, 2021, 11:57:35 AM »
That lookin' super nice ????
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #190 on: March 12, 2021, 10:07:06 PM »
Agreed!
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #191 on: March 19, 2021, 01:04:55 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #192 on: March 19, 2021, 06:13:05 PM »
Very Noice.

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #193 on: March 20, 2021, 06:52:32 AM »
Very Noice.

Thanks, I'm also quite happy with how the character art turned out.

In other news, the demo is coming along really well. Again, sorry for the wait, but it will be worth it for this demo. It will have a lot more content than anything we have released before! In general, development speed has picked up lately due to my schedule being freed up and the addition of new members of the team.

Stay tunned!

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #194 on: April 20, 2021, 06:19:21 AM »
UPDATE

I'm cutting the scope of the demo so I can release it sooner. It won't have all of the features mentioned previously, but it will still have 3 levels, and I will also try to include the Wicked variants of each level. Considering that we have to launch our Kickstarter in early June, we will probably release the next demo somewhere around May 15th, to leave us a bit of time for additional bug fixing and polish before the KS campaign begins.

(click to show/hide)

The best way you can help us is by playing the demo and notifying us of any bugs you encounter. General feedback is also always appreciated. Again, sorry for the long wait, but making games is hard and I don't like to release anything until I'm satisfied with it.

I will post updates here leading up to the launch of the demo, but MID-MAY is our can't-miss target date range.

Stay tuned!

Tags: