Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Most ugly Castlevania character  (Read 14651 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2013, 10:18:08 PM »
delete plz

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2013, 11:57:43 PM »
Resurrection's Art-style was catering more to an American style then an anime one which is why Sonia's look isn't so pleasing to the eye. And since it was being made in america i guess that's what they wanted to go with. Personally I wish they had stuck to the anime art style as that's how we remember seeing her. But when you compare the two pics, the side-view of Sonia is much better then her full-on facial uni brow image.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2013, 11:43:45 PM »
Resurrection's Art-style was catering more to an American style then an anime one which is why Sonia's look isn't so pleasing to the eye. And since it was being made in america i guess that's what they wanted to go with. Personally I wish they had stuck to the anime art style as that's how we remember seeing her. But when you compare the two pics, the side-view of Sonia is much better then her full-on facial uni brow image.
I don't know. American art styles could craft some great female characters. Had they gone with a more comic-art style, we might've got a Sonia Belmont up to par, visually, with some of the Marvel and DC beauties. She didn't have to go all "horseface".

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2013, 10:20:56 AM »
+1
I win.

Ugh. Good Lord, you certainly do. Unfortunate that we all lose in the process though. Oh, oh no, oh God, I looked directly at it...here it comes... *wretches*
Groove is in the heart.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2013, 10:51:30 AM »
I don't know. American art styles could craft some great female characters. Had they gone with a more comic-art style, we might've got a Sonia Belmont up to par, visually, with some of the Marvel and DC beauties. She didn't have to go all "horseface".

That they can. But they never use the better American-styled art when Resurrection was being developed.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2013, 05:59:19 PM »
+1
That they can. But they never use the better American-styled art when Resurrection was being developed.
Knowing that makes me a sad bear! :-\

Offline Skycaptain Steampunk

• Hunter in Training
  • "Eu sunt Dracul!"
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2013, 12:33:17 AM »
Anything from the igarashis is the ugliest character, the men look like boys sometimes they look like girls, they learned from that and make lords of shadows that is ok, look at soma cruz, hideous, alucard the more overrated character in the history, and he is not pretty like they say everyone, he look ok in mirror of fate, in symphony of the night he is the same of all others men from igarashi castlevanias.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2013, 11:49:23 AM »
+1
Ok now you've GOT to just be trolling.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2013, 02:24:01 PM »
+1
Anything from the igarashis is the ugliest character, the men look like boys sometimes they look like girls, they learned from that and make lords of shadows that is ok, look at soma cruz, hideous, alucard the more overrated character in the history, and he is not pretty like they say everyone, he look ok in mirror of fate, in symphony of the night he is the same of all others men from igarashi castlevanias.

I think somebody's in denial.  ;D

Offline Skycaptain Steampunk

• Hunter in Training
  • "Eu sunt Dracul!"
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2013, 05:04:48 PM »
No i am very man, and i am not trolling because i am not gay as i say i am very man, i say the post up of here because i think that in reality, the characters from igarashis are the most ugly and the characters from cox are what they have to be, warriors, they look like mans not woman.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2013, 05:57:18 PM »
+1
If you think that some character is gay only because of their beauty you need to search what "gay" means.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2013, 06:11:45 PM »
No i am very man, and i am not trolling because i am not gay as i say i am very man, i say the post up of here because i think that in reality, the characters from igarashis are the most ugly and the characters from cox are what they have to be, warriors, they look like mans not woman.

So feminine men = gay and masculine men = straight?

Hmm...

You keep using that word.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2013, 11:28:34 AM »
The original term/meaning for 'Gay' is actually 'Happy'. It didn't become a homosexual reference until some time later on. I personally blame the stupid side of humanity for messing it up as they tend to do that with most everything else. I am personally not a fan of pretty-boys in Castlevania because I don't think that's how the series should perceive them to be. And certainly not if their swinging a steel 8 foot chain whip around and not have any muscle to show for it. Ayami Kojima's art-style is heavily laced with androgynous male figures and this has left her with a very limited tapestry with which to operate. However her overall designs for architecture, women and other elements are amazing and very detailed. I don't mind her art-style to an extent and I would hire her to do Castlevania piece, but I would let another artist do the guys.

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2013, 09:33:09 AM »
+1

No dear Sir Iga gave us the MANLIEST Belmont in the form of Julius. Name ONE other Belmont that could STILL Grand Cross in his 50's hard enough to RIP CHUNKS OF CASTLEVANIA apart.
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Tags: