Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Most ugly Castlevania character  (Read 14646 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« on: February 03, 2013, 08:09:23 AM »
So, what do you think about ugly looks from Castlevania characters? Here are just a few examples:

Merchant has that "come by my house sometime" vibe don't ya think?

Renon from CV64 bares a slight resemblance to James Lipton from Inside the Actor's Studio

Charle Vincent has indeed aged but also in sex appeal?

Do you find Vincent Dorin handsome? Why or why not?

how bout bizarro-Vincent? any uglier?

Brauner has that "elegant ugliness" to him i suppose

Baba Yaga lacks in sex appeal. Or does she?

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 01:05:45 PM »
Great topic!

I must choose, without a doubt, Chupacabras from Lords of Shadows as the most ugly Castlevania character.
Then again, Lords of Shadows is the game with the most ugly characters in general, because it intended to be that way I think. They tried to make the monsters like what they are, monsters. I prefer them pretty, but it's a legit aproach.

About the characters you named, I find Baba Yaga ugly, Merchant and Renon kind of creepy.
Vincent Dorin seems like a nice guy. Brauner is, as you said, an elegant villain.
And Charles Vincent is a handsome old man... in some strange way. He's got class.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 08:23:54 PM »
The Chupacabras in LoS are indeed ugly (and insulting) and that's only because they look nothing like the real-life counterparts.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 10:11:34 PM »
I never cared for Vincent Dorin (or his stupid bowl cut).

Edit:

I also think Aeon and Irina belong together.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 10:19:41 PM by Lashen »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 10:53:17 PM »
+1
Max Slimer.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 11:00:35 PM »
Hmm...I'm not sure about ugliest character, but in terms of sheer total ugliness, the CVIII Japanese cover takes the cake. It's like they scrounged up a handful of misshapen faces, gave Alucard a dork haircut and made Trevor look like a member of Whitesnake. One of my favorite games in the series has one of the worst covers.

Or, Christopher in his fur singlet. He looks like one half of a tag team with Superfly Jimmy Snuka.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Fofa

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 06:02:10 PM »
I notice that a lot of the characters mentioned here are only ugly either through old age or art style, and that's a bit of an unfair comparison. That being said, if I had to pick someone for the trophy of ugliness, it'd be Judgment's Golem, but given that it's an obvious substitute for the Frankenstein's monster, that'd be normal for it.

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 10:32:42 PM »
I actually don't have anything against Irina; Aeon on the other hand reminds me of a muppet...
(click to show/hide)

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 07:08:33 AM »
How about Grant from Judgement? like really, a Voldo Rip-off. Every one else grew on me!
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 10:44:12 AM »
Oh man. Judgement's version of Grant really takes the cake of ugliness.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 01:10:12 AM »
Maxim Kishine...just not my cup of tea, but I suppose still considered a beautiful man by many standards. Oh, and Isaac from Curse of Darkness. I kinda have a thing for semi-skinny dudes (strictly aesthetically speaking, nothing deeper-personality is, amazingly, what actually counts if you wanna pique my interests), but he just...*shiver*....no. No thank you.
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 10:23:28 PM »
+1
I suppose Medusa is the embodiment of ugliness.  For monsters, I've found the Evil Force in Order of Ecclesia to be particularly disgusting.    Hmm, now I can't help but imagine a Medusa Head and an Evil Force head on a date..

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2013, 07:51:39 AM »
I win.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2013, 10:59:00 AM »
I suppose Medusa is the embodiment of ugliness.  For monsters, I've found the Evil Force in Order of Ecclesia to be particularly disgusting.    Hmm, now I can't help but imagine a Medusa Head and an Evil Force head on a date..
That's definitely the uglier Castlevania enemy ever!
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2013, 11:59:07 AM »
That's definitely the uglier Castlevania enemy ever!
I find it funny that the there's a look to Evil Force that's almost Freddy Krueger-ish. That little facial expression looks very Robert Englund. I always thought Evil Force looked like Freddy with horns.

Even though the game was canceled, the designs for Resurrection was pure ass:

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100311203430/castlevania/images/5/5f/Dream_castleres_screenshot37.jpg

And god, Sonia's eyebrows are ALMOST unibrowing in this one:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100311203623/castlevania/images/e/e8/Dream_castleres_screenshot49.jpg

How can you redesign a sexy yet badass design like this:

into "Olga, the Donkey Faced Woman"? It's a SIN!!!

Tags:

anything