Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 982290 times)

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #1365 on: May 25, 2015, 08:20:14 AM »
Kid Dracula is currently the most oversized sprite in the mix. Perhaps that could be adjusted?

Sooo...why don't we have a CV Dungeon clan already? I saw it mentioned before. Do we need to petition? Twitter spam?
That's a pretty good idea. I'd be down for either.

Maybe "Dungeon Clan"? Don't think IGA can use the C word now.
AFAIK, Konami doesn't have any rights to the Dungeon. Even if it did, it probably wouldn't care.
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1366 on: May 25, 2015, 09:57:04 AM »
Imagine the irony if Konami were to announce a new 2D Castlevania at E3 this year.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #1367 on: May 25, 2015, 10:32:27 AM »
+2
Imagine the irony if Konami were to announce a new 2D Castlevania at E3 this year.

I somehow would be less excited about that than Bloodstained. The Castlevania name suddenly seems so....irrelevant.

I think the chance of Konami actually doing this is 1/100000000 but IF it happened one can only hope they handed the development to anyone but MercurySteam. I would still welcome WayForward or, even better, Yacht Club Castlevania in 2D. Though it would most likely be a mobile game anyway.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #1368 on: May 25, 2015, 11:16:33 AM »
Maybe Konami is looking at IGA's game and trying to learn. But after LoS2's low sales and the recent events with Kojima/NY Exchange, I don't know what we can expect. Maybe it's time Dracula goes sleeping 100 years?

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #1369 on: May 25, 2015, 11:31:26 AM »
Maybe Konami is looking at IGA's game and trying to learn. But after LoS2's low sales and the recent events with Kojima/NY Exchange, I don't know what we can expect. Maybe it's time Dracula goes sleeping 100 years?

I think they're more likely to look at the actual number of backers, if anything. And 34 000 backers are probably not gonna make them change their minds. These companies wants AAA or go home. Or, in Konami's case - cheap mobile games that can make them a lot of money.

EDIT: Unless Bloodstained actually SELLS a lot of copies once it's released. But there are already 34 000 hardcore fans who are not gonna buy a copy, cause they already bought it (at least the +28$ backers). That leaves us with the rest of the gaming community. How many will pick this up, retail and download? Time will tell...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 11:37:25 AM by shelverton. »

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1370 on: May 25, 2015, 11:54:07 AM »
I will buy the game again when the game release, because I'm not going to wait till the game get shipped

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1371 on: May 25, 2015, 11:55:23 AM »

The chances of a new Castlevania being revealed at E3 are about as high as The Last Guardian being re-revealed for the PS4 and released later this year.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1372 on: May 25, 2015, 12:17:13 PM »
I will buy the game again when the game release, because I'm not going to wait till the game get shipped

Pay a little extra for the digital version and you will not have to wait.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1373 on: May 25, 2015, 01:12:15 PM »
The chances of a new Castlevania being revealed at E3 are about as high as The Last Guardian being re-revealed for the PS4 and released later this year.

I think the chances of seeing TLG at E3 this year is actually bigger than ever. Or possibly TGS. That doesn't mean the chances are big at all, but if the game is indeed still in development, they have now had plenty of time to do something for the PS4. Last year was probably too early, but this year? I think it could happen. People are really treating TLG like it's some kind of impossible joke that could not possibly ever happen. I find that funny, especially since we've seen arguably bigger things, like FFXV, resurface after years.

Besides, what is Team ICO even doing if not working on at least something?

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1374 on: May 25, 2015, 01:51:55 PM »
konami explicitly said that from now on theyre gonna persue mobile gaming & thats where the future of the company lies. we mite see some castlevania-themed games such as "encore of the night" & pachislots but i assure yuo theyre completely ignoring iga's new endeavors

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #1375 on: May 25, 2015, 03:32:28 PM »
Pay a little extra for the digital version and you will not have to wait.

I already backed with 2100$ now, but the digital version is going to be PC for the beta..and the Physical for PS4. and when the game release day 1 on PSN I'm going to download it from there ( I prefer playing it on PS4 for trophies and all that )

Offline BalancedHydra

• Hunter in Training
  • Picture a Hydra on a tight rope.
    • Awards
« Reply #1376 on: May 25, 2015, 03:40:21 PM »
Hurray for updates. And with a pleasant surprise to boot.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/1241538

Oh. Hi. I'm BalancedHydra. Nice to meet you all.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #1377 on: May 25, 2015, 03:45:18 PM »
+1
Hurray for updates. And with a pleasant surprise to boot.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/1241538

Oh. Hi. I'm BalancedHydra. Nice to meet you all.

I FUCKING CALLED IT! HAHAHAHA!!

Also.......yo.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
« Reply #1378 on: May 25, 2015, 04:02:10 PM »
Yo, yo.

Pretty excited to see Kojima's take on the cast for the cover. Hope it's something like this: http://castlevania.neo-romance.net/cv/aria_artbook/artbook12.jpg

or like this: http://castlevania.neo-romance.net/kojima/lily/cv/06-castlevania.jpg

I FUCKING CALLED IT! HAHAHAHA!!

Between this and virt-sama, care to tell me next week's lotto numbers?

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1379 on: May 25, 2015, 04:04:07 PM »
Really looking forward to seeing Ayami's cover sleeve, it's really awesome of her to make time to help out with IGA's project too. Sounds like IGA was very close friends with his staff. :)

Tags: