Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Boss Battle music (MP3 inside)  (Read 5156 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: March 20, 2010, 05:08:51 PM »

Super Castlevania IV - Boss Battle A

Short but tough as hell tune to do!  It was a struggle to finish this (and it's been years).
Please enjoy.

-Jorge
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline crims0nf0rtune

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Boss Battle music (MP3 inside)
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 05:25:32 PM »
I was about to open it with garageband when I realized it wasn't a midi... aww man lol.
Great work though.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 05:28:25 PM »
Super NES tunes that are already of excellent quality will always be though to do. I really liked how you threw in the heavy piano bit.  :D My only concern is that the strings seem just a tad on the weak side, pushing them below the SNES quality. Believe me, the last thing I want to do is point out the faults of a piece of work that's been in the works for years.  :'(

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 06:59:32 PM »
The composition is what took years.  The instrument samples being criticised doesn't trouble me as much.  Unfortunately, I do not have the means of using the big great samples with such a tune, since the composition is so powerful.  You actually lose polyphony because there are too many notes played at the same time (this will be fixed when I get a new computer).
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 09:22:03 AM »
Oh nice!! Glad to see that CV4 fan arrange ost sparked some CV4 interest!

This came out excellent! No complaints what so ever. Great work.

Offline Tiamat

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 08:24:57 PM »
I've always liked the Domain Boss track better than the Castle Boss track.

That being said, good job, Jorge! Any other plans for arranges? I would die a happy man if you arranged CV4's Bloody Tears. That version is plain epic.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 08:28:49 PM »
I would die a happy man if you arranged CV4's Bloody Tears. That version is plain epic.

I second this. It's my favorite version. Might be interesting to see it melded with the added segment of Rondo's too.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 10:00:19 PM »
I second this. It's my favorite version. Might be interesting to see it melded with the added segment of Rondo's too.

I third that.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 04:41:20 AM »
I would die a happy man if you arranged CV4's Bloody Tears. That version is plain epic.

Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 07:22:01 PM »
Damn, so many requests for that Bloody Tears track.  I guess something's gonna have to get done about that at some point...
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 07:39:06 PM »
Victoly!

Offline Tiamat

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2010, 06:51:17 PM »
Victoly!

I think you mean SWEET VICTOLY!

Damn you Spongebob!

And Jorge, have you ever thought of making your own original pieces? That would be quite interesting. I mean, include familiar leitmotifs, but overall original compositions.

Offline Felix

• Commander of Drac's Ghost Ship
  • Hunter in Training
  • My ship. I hope Richter isn't aboard. Oh shi-
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2010, 10:39:55 AM »
Damn good.

Also, I love your Arrange of Aria's ClockTower.

Offline kadosho

• Hunter in Training
    • D-toid -Gaming for Robots
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2010, 12:57:50 PM »
As always Jorge, you deliver awesome tributes.

Tags:

anything